mikegreenthumbs earthbox for flowering perepetual harvest grow

• Thread starter mikegreenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mikegreenthumb

well after a long fucked up process i got everything on track prb one was i switched soil and didnt notice the levels of nutes basically the shit i had before fed plants for two months and i just overlooked the n def basically
prob 2 was the ph of my water 8.9 or higher it was a color chart not exact but way tooo fucking high fox farms i think was balancing the ph but that and the non ph balanced nutes(earth juice) was sending it to prob somewhere around 9-10 and thats just fucking horrible locking out nutes all kind of problems so now im regulating ph before feeding and adding bat quano to the soil before hand so the n will be upped and it feeds for about two months so good base im not used to feeding hella heavy and now i can go back to what i was doing before keeping in mind these fixes will get me similar results to what i was getting before the front of this box shows what i wanna get back to the back gives an idea of what was going wrong http://i857.invalid.com/albums/ab133/mikegreenthumb/march31008.jpg?t=1275787637 1st pic what im trying to get back to THE REST shows how bad things were getting

March 24th 022
April 25 022
April 25 046
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking good brah... :rock I'm glad to see you're back on track and I'm confident the consistent and accurate pH will help. My Hanna 98129 is one of the best investments I've made so far... Ditch those pH drops and get a $30 digital pH meter... ;)

M

mikegreenthumb

gonna do that when i get a chance right now im not using a strip its like the strips but it stays in the tank last for a month or so then ima switch to digital meter its takes a few minutes to read but it works for now this is what im using to get by
51TqMjEEn8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

M

mikegreenthumb

Looking good brah... :rock I'm glad to see you're back on track and I'm confident the consistent and accurate pH will help. My Hanna 98129 is one of the best investments I've made so far... Ditch those pH drops and get a $30 digital pH meter... ;)

in a way back on track its going to hurt badly two boxs in flowering and a few of the plants in flowering room 2 cant clone the moms till they get back to where they should be so i started quite a few of my fem seeds to get something vegging so i can somewhat stay on perpetual harvest but my schedule is messed yield will be hurt badly idk i might even have to get a qp next month to get throu not too happy about it but at least i have it figured out now the mowie and cacey in the third box are doing swell the grand dad and cacey in flowering room two and doing good but the rest are all fucked up thinking of just starting something else from club strait from clone idk it really has me frustrated bro it could be worse it could be pm or rippers but thats just about the only it could be a lil something is better than nothing i keep trying to tell myself but FUCK

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Actually, I see all obstacles as motivation to do even better, and mistakes as learning experiences. IMO, club cuts are hit and miss; then there's the PM and pests they may come with... Seeds are fun, but require lots of time and space to select phenos. Maybe a week or two of extra veg time, to clone your mom's, will allow you to focus on dialing-in the next Round which looks like it's off to a good start... :cool

M

mikegreenthumb

Actually, I see all obstacles as motivation to do even better, and mistakes as learning experiences. IMO, club cuts are hit and miss; then there's the PM and pests they may come with... Seeds are fun, but require lots of time and space to select phenos. Maybe a week or two of extra veg time, to clone your mom's, will allow you to focus on dialing-in the next Round which looks like it's off to a good start... :cool

thanks bro yeah thats a good way to look at it cause for sure im motivated to fix and it was a learning experiance i just tend to look at it as failure thou to be honest im not used to not understanding something i dont care about getting it wrong as much as getting it wrong and not knowing why you feel me ? but def is a learning experience and motivation to do better

the plan is to veg for a good amount of time my feminized seeds run those and give the moms a good two months to get healthy and strong ima just let the plants in flower do what their going to do and yield what theyll yield take it as something better than nothing and focus on keeping the plants that are healthy healthy and the ones not too bad to be recovered get em in decent shape to keep flowering everything in veg is doing good on back on its way so no worries there its the flowering rooms with the major issues so casra sara whatever will be will be ya dig

M

MASSES 420KING

hey man dont feel bad im on hear giving advice and pulling down bumper crops and my last pull 2 days ago was an early pull some how i misread the directions on the nutes actually iwas feeding them to different feeding regimes and didnt catch it till it was to late so i had to pull down 2 weeks early it suks i know but i learned a valuble lesson and it was to follow the full line feeding schedule not the back of the bottle and to pay closer attention ben growing 16 years and pulled a rookie mistake it was humbleing but good luck on your future grows and all the best karma and vibes to you and your gardens:rauch08::anim_19:

M

mikegreenthumb

hey man dont feel bad im on hear giving advice and pulling down bumper crops and my last pull 2 days ago was an early pull some how i misread the directions on the nutes actually iwas feeding them to different feeding regimes and didnt catch it till it was to late so i had to pull down 2 weeks early it suks i know but i learned a valuble lesson and it was to follow the full line feeding schedule not the back of the bottle and to pay closer attention ben growing 16 years and pulled a rookie mistake it was humbleing but good luck on your future grows and all the best karma and vibes to you and your gardens:rauch08::anim_19:

your sig has me hella weak
thanks bro yeah ima try not beat myself up over it understand that mistakes get made and try to just roll with the punchs and minimize the mistakes positivity is imprtant to keep thou and gotta remeber that

justiceman

justiceman

Oh man cannot wait to see what you do when you dial in that PH and such. That pen Shady has is a super bad ass one. I have a cheap 30 dollar one like he's talking about and it won't last you more then a year. I'd spend the extra cash to get a pen where you can replace the electrode. That's what I'm about to do at least.

M

mikegreenthumb

Oh man cannot wait to see what you do when you dial in that PH and such. That pen Shady has is a super bad ass one. I have a cheap 30 dollar one like he's talking about and it won't last you more then a year. I'd spend the extra cash to get a pen where you can replace the electrode. That's what I'm about to do at least.

i just need something for ph not ec so hoping to save sum $$$ there i cant wait either man thanks for sticking with aprreciate the help and encouragement things are starting to improve jsut some damage isnt recoverable from im thinking about getting rid of moving earth boxs outdoor for that grow

justiceman

justiceman

i just need something for ph not ec so hoping to save sum $$$ there i cant wait either man thanks for sticking with aprreciate the help and encouragement things are starting to improve jsut some damage isnt recoverable from im thinking about getting rid of moving earth boxs outdoor for that grow

Hey man here's a pretty cheap digital PH meter. It's what I have been using for the past year. It's a good solid meter. It isn't water proof though(hence the cheaper price) but it gets the job done at quite an affordable price, and I know you don't want an EC meter but just in case here is also a link to a quality(and cheap) EC meter that I have also been using for the past year. They are both easy to calibrate, and maintain. A PH meter and an EC/Temp meter for under $60. No one can complain about that price, and not to mention the EC meter has auto temp compensation with a 3 year warranty!

Hanna Checker 1

HM digital TDS3

But ya no prob man. I like sticking around this journal because I know when you get everything in order your going to come out with some excellent quality. I beleive in ya mayn!

M

mikegreenthumb

Hey man here's a pretty cheap digital PH meter. It's what I have been using for the past year. It's a good solid meter. It isn't water proof though(hence the cheaper price) but it gets the job done at quite an affordable price, and I know you don't want an EC meter but just in case here is also a link to a quality(and cheap) EC meter that I have also been using for the past year. They are both easy to calibrate, and maintain. A PH meter and an EC/Temp meter for under $60. No one can complain about that price, and not to mention the EC meter has auto temp compensation with a 3 year warranty!

Hanna Checker 1

HM digital TDS3

But ya no prob man. I like sticking around this journal because I know when you get everything in order your going to come out with some excellent quality. I beleive in ya mayn!

thanks bro things are def getting back on track ill have an update in a couple weeks right now im running my fem seeds i worked on and finishing up some plants still in flower but def some nice things comming soon as a finish up flowering room
hint: moving the earth boxs out and doing a bunch of 2 gal grow bags sog, trellis, and personally breed strain

i kinda like not journaling at the moment just kinda browsing around your grow looking awesome btw did u pull the last of it yet?

justiceman

justiceman

thanks bro things are def getting back on track ill have an update in a couple weeks right now im running my fem seeds i worked on and finishing up some plants still in flower but def some nice things comming soon as a finish up flowering room
hint: moving the earth boxs out and doing a bunch of 2 gal grow bags sog, trellis, and personally breed strain

i kinda like not journaling at the moment just kinda browsing around your grow looking awesome btw did u pull the last of it yet?

Right on man can't wait to see the update. I actually pulled the runt about a week ago, but I'm going to pull all of the hindu's tomorrow at day 70. I'll post up some shots tomorrow as well.

M

mikegreenthumb

Right on man can't wait to see the update. I actually pulled the runt about a week ago, but I'm going to pull all of the hindu's tomorrow at day 70. I'll post up some shots tomorrow as well.

ill def check em out post some here too playa playa

M

mikegreenthumb

ill be updating with pics and back to journaling real soon thanks for the support shady justice highTolerance hopefully this run goes well doing 12 /12 from seed finishing up flowering room 1 prob gonna pick up or aquire 25 clones or so in two weeks give em a 4 weeks veg while other plants finish and then put in in the flowering room 1 with the last earth box that is only about 1 1/2 into flowering and doing decent so dont wanna abdon it then room will be strickly grow bags im going to flower about 70 plants total at a time once things get rockin

justiceman

justiceman

ill be updating with pics and back to journaling real soon thanks for the support shady justice highTolerance hopefully this run goes well doing 12 /12 from seed finishing up flowering room 1 prob gonna pick up or aquire 25 clones or so in two weeks give em a 4 weeks veg while other plants finish and then put in in the flowering room 1 with the last earth box that is only about 1 1/2 into flowering and doing decent so dont wanna abdon it then room will be strickly grow bags im going to flower about 70 plants total at a time once things get rockin

Nice man! Seems like you got some ideas going here. Can't wait to see the update.

M

mikegreenthumb

veg room shaping up

veg room getting back on track for sure some yellowing caused by ph and n def but springing back np flowering room 1 half full flowering 2 empty for another week or two while need a bit more veg before flipping em and wanna get em all way healthy first but about 90% there all issues figured out just gonna be a bit till bounce back

good mix of strains some real winners ishence green crack blue dragon cross tora bora pure india afgan cross hella cacey my own strain i breed feminized version some cross i got from peeps in aultraia a rhino cross with widow uk cheese blue dot blue cheese romulan and purple mist might be forgetting some but hey happens

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
anybody got thoughts on how long to veg clones for a sog
For a single cola SOG, you should flip early... About 12" tall and a few nodes depending on the strains. Keep on trucking mike; sounds like you've got quite a nice variety and your next round will be better and full of happy ladies... :cool

Top Bottom