• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
More micro biology is always good. But the cannabis lab doesnt use it. And im getting good results now too. Just got to watch under watering more it seems.

Interesting the university does not inoculate. No myco. No added micro biology.

Their plants are amazing in the tours. They are hemp though. He uses outside sources for thc cannabis.
I remember professor...calker? I think? From Washington State...basically argued that you will have enough myco in any healthy outdoor soil and it will be adapted to your environment. She was very skeptical of innoculation but yielded that it might make sense indoors...this is from her course on Great Courses Plus.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I remember professor...calker? I think? From Washington State...basically argued that you will have enough myco in any healthy outdoor soil and it will be adapted to your environment. She was very skeptical of innoculation but yielded that it might make sense indoors...this is from her course on Great Courses Plus.

Linda Chalker Scott

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Maybe? I never used it but know it holds water. But i dont want to extend my drying time either. I might have to add perlite to compensate.

It would be a source of silica and i wouldnt need the foliage pro. The University of utah mix is peat, perlite, rock dust and lime I believe. Maybe im missing an ingredient.

Edit:

Duh. I forgot vermiculite.
I've started mixing a lot of perlite in with my hp, seems to help with bug control, haven't seen hardly any gnats & the spider mites seem to be sticking with the 1 plant that they're on (it's pretty far into flower so I'm just letting it ride & trying to prevent spreading)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've started mixing a lot of perlite in with my hp, seems to help with bug control, haven't seen hardly any gnats & the spider mites seem to be sticking with the 1 plant that they're on (it's pretty far into flower so I'm just letting it ride & trying to prevent spreading)

Is that retail store pro mix or the commercial bale. Cause there is plenty of perlite in the white hp bale.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Can't be oxygen level because you said muddy. My guess is microbiome? I have noticed roots like worm castings too.
I mentioned when I mixed the three ingredients at equal parts the texture was muddy

However when I mixed it at 2/2/1, with 1 being the worm castings it was as light and fluffy of a mix as any other soil, peat or mix of the two that I've worked with

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Moved the larger Citral x Pow 33 to the flower room.

7867B860 289D 414E 8E8A A886E1C17286

And the others

33CCDACD F45B 45B6 B39A 2FE713FBA2E0

E091E6F3 AC69 4FD0 96FF FD980153C6A5

BD8BE7E8 5C97 43EE 893E 9F5DD6257801

They grow up so fast. ;-)

Showing a few deficiencies at the bottom leaves. Dry cycle went a day or two longer than expected too. But they all stalled a minute after the botanigard drench. And the next rinse i semi flushed them all. So it could be water stress. Nutrient stress or simply not enough nutrients. Or root aphids.

No visual signs of bugs yet.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Moved the larger Citral x Pow 33 to the flower room.

View attachment 1040200

And the others

View attachment 1040201

View attachment 1040202

View attachment 1040203

They grow up so fast. ;-)

Showing a few deficiencies at the bottom leaves. Dry cycle went a day or two longer than expected too. But they all stalled a minute after the botanigard drench. And the next rinse i semi flushed them all. So it could be water stress. Nutrient stress or simply not enough nutrients. Or root aphids.

No visual signs of bugs yet.
They own us

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol, I go overboard but it seems to be working for me so far, it's the bale from garden store, gonna try clones in straight perlite soon

I think im going to try to add 15-25% more perlite to get the pro mix hp up to closer to 50/50. Next plants will be started or transplanted up to the new mix. Looking to shave a day or two average off watering time.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I think im going to try to add 15-25% more perlite to get the pro mix hp up to closer to 50/50. Next plants will be started or transplanted up to the new mix. Looking to shave a day or two average off watering time.
It definitely needs more frequent watering that way, I water too fast most of the time & top layer turns to mostly perlite but it has seemed to deter critters as a nice unexpected side effect lol. I have better handle on nute issues with more frequent watering with my tendency to go little overboard there as well

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It definitely needs more frequent watering that way, I water too fast most of the time & top layer turns to mostly perlite but it has seemed to deter critters as a nice unexpected side effect lol. I have better handle on nute issues with more frequent watering with my tendency to go little overboard there as well

I had ocean forest and pure blend pro dialed in with just under 30% large perlite mixed in. Which probably was about 50/50 in the end.

Now i am trying to do the same with pro mix and dyna grow stuff. At the moment i think i have over fed a bit and am now seeing the buildup. It did not show in the runoff. But the soil could be holding it.

I was battling the root aphids so i am kind of starting all over experimenting wih drainage and nute strength with the new to me medium. My prior experience was when i was very new at this.

So I really dont see signs of bugs but i didnt before until it was too late. But i am seeing signs of over and under feeding and some leaf stress.

I will treat next with more botanigard so its 2 weeks in a row and add only .8 ec and see how we do.

The first 6 plants will have to live with stock perlite.

And i know what uou mean about watering to fast and floating all the perlite. I keep doing this with the fungucide to ensure even coverage. And now the top os all perlite. ;-)

I cultivate the top 1/2 inch of the soil with my moisture probe or fingers. Helps get it back in there next watering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom