Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I had ocean forest and pure blend pro dialed in with just under 30% large perlite mixed in. Which probably was about 50/50 in the end.

Now i am trying to do the same with pro mix and dyna grow stuff. At the moment i think i have over fed a bit and am now seeing the buildup. It did not show in the runoff. But the soil could be holding it.

I was battling the root aphids so i am kind of starting all over experimenting wih drainage and nute strength with the new to me medium. My prior experience was when i was very new at this.

So I really dont see signs of bugs but i didnt before until it was too late. But i am seeing signs of over and under feeding and some leaf stress.

I will treat next with more botanigard so its 2 weeks in a row and add only .8 ec and see how we do.

The first 6 plants will have to live with stock perlite.

And i know what uou mean about watering to fast and floating all the perlite. I keep doing this with the fungucide to ensure even coverage. And now the top os all perlite. ;-)

I cultivate the top 1/2 inch of the soil with my moisture probe or fingers. Helps get it back in there next watering.
I just leave the perlite on top layer now purposely, i did Google search & learned bugs don't like it. It was unintentional at 1st (just in a hurry all the time with moving) but I noticed mites stopped moving to other plants & the gnats decreased dramatically when I got lazy with it so now its ugly but I leave it. I also put a good layer of DE towards bottom when I repot for flower tent to keep them from coming up drain holes. I see very little critter activity now

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Put the second Citral x Pow 33 into the flower room.

Filling up now. 2 left in veg for the first room full. Then start new plants about 3-4 weeks from now to fill in the first harvests.

50A150C2 0BFD 4038 BB62 A93CC3CFD51E

amekins

amekins

Wow 200 pages and folks actually still watching.

Thanks THC Farmers! Really appreciated. :-)
It’s pretty cool to start at the beginning of a thread and read it with continuity. Someone(s) ought to consolidate expansive threads like this into a mini book lol. It’s a wealth of information for newbies. And it’s all fascinating and teaches me plenty.

Madmax

Madmax

How you liking the 315 MIMed..i have mine set at 40" the furthest and still the damn things wont stretch a little.short asses lol...even getting a little heat issues with the 1 month old ones..how far you dangling your light over your gals at 1 month of age..

Cheers max

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

How you liking the 315 MIMed..i have mine set at 40" the furthest and still the damn things wont stretch a little.short asses lol...even getting a little heat issues with the 1 month old ones..how far you dangling your light over your gals at 1 month of age..

Cheers max

Still adjusting a bit but am about 40” at a month but dimmed down to 80% to manage heat i am only exhausting out of the room its in not outside.

And yes they grow more compact plants than the t-5’s or the hortilux blue. And thats with the 3100k phillips bulb.

Its why i didnt like them alone in flower for my system.

But i think i have a good distance and wattage for the 3x3 veg.

It would be better for veg in a bigger tent or hung out in the open. I had great 12/12 plants when i started seeds under it in my open flower room.

Definitely more intense than a 400 mh or hps and close to the 600 metal halide.

Madmax

Madmax

Cool ...i moved it down to 31 and boy they didnt go on that...they are blinding these lights.i got the shades but when i walked out of the room and outside shed i couldnt see shit lol.practically had to near crawl to the house backdoor 😁.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Cool ...i moved it down to 31 and boy they didnt go on that...they are blinding these lights.i got the shades but when i walked out of the room and outside shed i couldnt see shit lol.practically had to near crawl to the house backdoor 😁.

I think in this case where i started them with the 600 blue and then after a month switched them to the 315 cmh i think the uvb stressed them. My hortilux blue is behind glass so not much uv gets through. The 315 is open.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I have been considering mixing the dr. Earth 20-20-20 into mine. But i like that mix you got there. Please do a thread. I really want to know how well the slow release works.
Hey MIM , it's a little experiment that we can observe for the next few weeks , these plants were clones and the rooted beautifully and one set was put into fox farm ocean and the other set was put into pro mix and dyna grow , the ocean mix got a quick case of fungus gnats , I was able to wipe them out completely with stickies ,to my surprise , completely eradicated

But a week or two later both sets were displaying extreme stress and signs of deficiencies
Purple stems , yellowing leafs , not something I'm pleased with as I consider myself a pretty good grower .. I've seen it happen before , things I can't explain and plants going from vigorous to pretty bad looking in a few weeks ....

So I transplanted and freshened the mix up a bit with the coast of Maine ....
The other set remained with the promix straight and I'm going to feed dyna grow .....
Curious to see how they react , I've got a feeling the promix plus dry ammend will work , I suggested the mix to a friend who did an outdoor summer run and the plants grew fantastic ...
Let's see what happens in the next few weeks , I'm going to do

pro mix / coast of Maine / dyna

Pro mix /dyna

And pro mix / coast of Maine only...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom