Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well the RA is to blame for that... it must been so frustrating. BTW LED still kicking 😁 been a while since I could toss a seed onto that brain... never know when its gonna sprout.

if i could afford another i would be all in bro. But i bought new horty bulbs to get me through for now. And flourescent tubes for veg. Old school as hell!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree, the less you mess with ph the better. Always best to use nutrients to lower ph and silica to raise it.

well i thought i was pretty far out of range with promix saying 5.5-6.5 ph. But dyna grow considered “soiless” like pro mix to need 6.2-6.8 ph. And dyna gro seems to be right.

also your rec of feeding 1.2-1.3 seems spot on. For every time feeds. And a flush and reduced ec is needed for ripening. I messed that up last few plants. Just lowering feed strength left me with excess that magically appeared on my ec meter at the wrong time. Lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
well i thought i was pretty far out of range with promix saying 5.5-6.5 ph. But dyna grow considered “soiless” like pro mix to need 6.2-6.8 ph. And dyna gro seems to be right.

also your rec of feeding 1.2-1.3 seems spot on. For every time feeds. And a flush and reduced ec is needed for ripening. I messed that up last few plants. Just lowering feed strength left me with excess that magically appeared on my ec meter at the wrong time. Lol.

Yeah man, with soiless as long as you are keeping the feed near the mid 6's its fine so long as the nutrients are properly dissolved in the solution. Slight variation up or down is meaningless, and you honestly do more harm by adding hydroxides and hcl's all the time. In my opinion anyway.

amekins

amekins

How long and when is the actual ripening period of flowering?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

How long and when is the actual ripening period of flowering?

once the white pistils have almost all receded and died back the calyx’ finish expanding and when the plant (flowers) doesnt seem to be growing anymore its time to start checking trichomes. I prefer as close to all cloudy as possible but cloudy deep into the flower. There should be layers of trichomes just like the layers of stacked calyx’ that make up the bud. The trichomes on the outer bud leaves may have some amber at this point. They degrade earlier usually.

I think by feeding only a balanced grow ratio all through and the bending of the plants around week 2-3 help my flowers to go 2-3 weeks longer and keep growing. It seemed in my tests that switching to a high pk flower ratio shortened the plants life significantly. And also potency, complexity, flavor and smell.

even nursed along after all the stress and leaf loss and yellowing from the bugs the low feeds got the last 6 plants to a real good place before harvest. All went 11-12 weeks. All got foliage pro tapered down to as little as 2ml per gallon to the end. Maybe the last time water only.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
once the white pistils have almost all receded and died back the calyx’ finish expanding and when the plant (flowers) doesnt seem to be growing anymore its time to start checking trichomes. I prefer as close to all cloudy as possible but cloudy deep into the flower. There should be layers of trichomes just like the layers of stacked calyx’ that make up the bud. The trichomes on the outer bud leaves may have some amber at this point. They degrade earlier usually.

I think by feeding only a balanced grow ratio all through and the bending of the plants around week 2-3 help my flowers to go 2-3 weeks longer and keep growing. It seemed in my tests that switching to a high pk flower ratio shortened the plants life significantly. And also potency, complexity, flavor and smell.

even nursed along after all the stress and leaf loss and yellowing from the bugs the low feeds got the last 6 plants to a real good place before harvest. All went 11-12 weeks. All got foliage pro tapered down to as little as 2ml per gallon to the end. Maybe the last time water only.

Yeah ,man , keeping a plant healthy for 6-8 weeks before and 12 weeks flowering , that most potent and complex feeling plant to you almost everytime, LoL,
I have noticed that some Denver medical Card holders usually extend the 8 weeks stains to 10 or 12 weeks, they said that the those seed breeders usually shorten the flowering period, just for earning more profits.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah ,man , keeping a plant healthy for 6-8 weeks before and 12 weeks flowering , that most potent and complex feeling plant to you almost everytime, LoL,
I have noticed that some Denver medical Card holders usually extend the 8 weeks stains to 10 or 12 weeks, they said that the those seed breeders usually shorten the flowering period, just for earning more profits.

i agree vegging to good maturity helps final results too.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I just had a helpful response to a burned up plant thread deleted because i linked the grow weed easy light burn/ bleaching page. I have likely linked 100 of those helpful pages to threads here. Lol. Shame. They already have the grower chasing ph. ;-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

chocolate diesel 1
5601A03A 9954 4BC9 8022 5CBA1437F070

chocolate diesel 2
C9AFEAF2 394D 40CA 99DB 1499679158AE

91 Oranges 2
A8CB04E7 2D65 46A4 8307 5BEC71F7B479

91 Oranges 1 (first osmocote test plant getting too much or too little nutes like i was afraid of. )
363659CB 821C 4002 9F56 A9000673CF7C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom