Mini me clone idea

• Thread starter dire wolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

I always end up with extra everything, I share for free if you are close enough. Lot of people here have good pollen storing tricks

You in the PNW?

Pollen wise Im going to use multi containers so i can open it, and not expose unused pollen to oxygen/water.

And place those containers of pollen in a plastic container filled with desiccant. So it drys outs for storage.

Close the pollen containers, and store in the freezer.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

You in the PNW?

Pollen wise Im going to use multi containers so i can open it, and not expose unused pollen to oxygen/water.

And place those containers of pollen in a plastic container filled with desiccant. So it drys outs for storage.

Sounds like good pollen plan to me, others have more experience with that I'm sure.
I'm in missouri, so in complete center of country, nowhere close to either coast. But if ever out this way....

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Yah i hope we find a male this year too.

and then hope the pollen keeps and stores correctly lol.
Storing pollen long-term in a freezer is actually ridiculously easy. Just make sure that you let it dry completely and label everything religiously with dates and names of cultivars. I use half pint jars to keep out any moisture. I also freeze several small batches of each male. That way I can just take out what I need to use right when I need to use it and leave the rest in the freezer. I have used pollen from the freezer a year+ later with little issues with vitality. I tend to over think most things, but after you do it, you will think to yourself, "wow that was fucking easy". I wish you well with finding a worthy male and with your project! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

You in the PNW?

I was writing my post whenever you posted this, but you definitely have this brother. You will do fine. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

dire wolf

dire wolf

i always take little cuttings. Sometimes now that i know it works deep into flowering.

About 3 weeks to a month ago all these little cuts went into glasses of water. All showed root bumps or little roots in about 10 days. Then planted in ocean forest with 25% added perlite. They are all growing now except the little bud. Which is rooting still and shows a bit of new light green on top.

View attachment 943042View attachment 943043

Little bit of new growth on top.
View attachment 943045

Plant in back was first to root. Growing good now.
View attachment 943046
Please ignore my yellowing seedling. I let the nutes run out of the ocean forest before transplanting to pro mix hp.

Lol. Now i should go back and read the rest of this thread I skipped. :-)
Oh yes , of course one more .......

Top Bottom