Mini me clone idea

• Thread starter dire wolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

Lol, well here is the blueberry rescue, in it's own pot now.

View attachment 953963

A long story about this plant. But I'll sum it up to: old genetics, being left outside after being flowerd and cropped. Barely alive and battling frost. I got a cutting and managed to save her before the plant died.
Hey big , failed rescues are so depressing , happy to see them back on track , what are you going to do ? Grow her a bit and pull off a bunch of backup clones ?
Id love to see the bud if you start flowering ....

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

My leaf is progressing slowly but surely

• Wow
Reactions: Ina
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey d , the cut must have had that little stem and growth on it when you started ? It wasn't really just a " leaf" with no stalk connected was it ?

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Still looks like a little palm tree but it's got good roots & is showing new growth finallyView attachment 957659View attachment 957660
Congratulations on your success! That is truly impressive! Positive vibes...
Hey d , the cut must have had that little stem and growth on it when you started ? It wasn't really just a " leaf" with no stalk connected was it ?
I would venture to guess that it had at least a little bit of stem attached to it. Even if you are lucky enough to get roots from a petiole, new growth is not possible without at least some part of the stem. I would also imagine that the cambium on the small part of the stem aided in the leaf rooting. It is definitely quite a feat.

My mini cutting is rooting in soil, but the plant that I took it from has been identified as male. I am still uncertain whether I will use any of the males from that cultivar to breed any hybrids. I will most likely make F2s at the very least, but I have several cuttings of that same plant. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Latest posts

Top Bottom