MOAB?

• Thread starter samino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
buddahslave

buddahslave

They sure look good to me..:p, I seen a little more when I use to use that Combo, but I played Hell to get it flushed back out of the buds thought, I was in soil, not sure what your in, but It did help some, now I'm running rounds with 16 & Aptus and rounds with out Aptus.

It's doing good but it looks the same as when I ran it with house and gardens full nute run. It didn't ripen any faster, but I'm hoping it will yield much more with the moab/overdrive combo!

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

I understand the swelling affect of MOAB, but I created this thread to ask about the ripening affect. You know, trics going from clear to cloudy to amber! Thats what I want to know about! Does it help or speed ripening?

It depends on your style of growing, it will induce swell and ripening if used early on in flower... But I haven't checked if the trichs amber up quicker.. I would image that if the trichs aren't amber they would amber up in the dry/curing process, you would get a different high of the flowers tho..

I have used it in week 5 and 6 on a few tester for 8 weeker ( test run) and the flowers produced had the same density, swell, as the flowers I took to week 10, with the difference of yield.. I'm a firm believer on the added weight produced in the later weeks..

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Good stuff if you don't mind what dosage of moab do you use or do you let your plants tell you how much they will take ? and what other feeding regime do you use. I'm currently organic but would like to maybe experiment with a side by side run . I have the full line of h&l ?
I value your opinion was reading a thread of yours last night seemed really on your game.....

peace SoSerThc1

I use anywhere from .9g-1.2g a little goes a long way, I'm currently running heavy 16 with hammerhead and Moab.. And few other additives... But I'm really interested in switching to jack hydro... Dry nutes are easier to convert to ppms and work a good formula from.. Check out a thread on here that square pusher started about fatmans nutrient profile, also Jalisco kid and a few other here have good threads also to read.. Good points of reference, once I started working the nutrient profile I noticed a big difference on my flower production..

R

ReCway

Advanced Nutrients is the greatest company Marijuana growers have ever had. They have taken the nutes out of the stone ages of growing roses and tomatoes and advanced them into focusing nutes on cannabis. :cigar:

Dont want to start a arguement but this is very misleading. AN doesnt use anything different than what other companies do. Synthetic nutes are Synthetic nutes. Only thing they have done is overcharge growers and take hard earned money out of our pockets. With Herb becoming legal and prices doing down their will be a thinning out process of growers. Those that watch their expenses and track every dollar will survive, Those that pay thousands of dollars on nutes will not. Nutes are all about profiles and giving plants what they want when they want it in the right proportions. With a little research and time anyone can figure out nute profiles from cannabis, its not rocket science. If you buy raw salts and mix your own nutes or go with a company like JR Peters you will pull just as good results than with AN for a fraction of the cost. Im not saying AN does not have good products but growers dont need to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on nutes to have great results. Plenty of people on this site have proven this to be true.

Plant food is plant food, Calcium is calcium, nitrate nitrogen is nitrate nitrogen, mono potassium phosphate is mono potassium phosphate, P2O5 is P2O5. All companies use same derivities more or less just in different bottles and different amounts, add food coloring and fancy labels and mark up price. Weed growers are the laughing stock of the Ag industry for this reason.

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Dont want to start a arguement but this is very misleading. AN doesnt use anything different than what other companies do. Synthetic nutes are Synthetic nutes. Only thing they have done is overcharge growers and take hard earned money out of our pockets. With Herb becoming legal and prices doing down their will be a thinning out process of growers. Those that watch their expenses and track every dollar will survive, Those that pay thousands of dollars on nutes will not. Nutes are all about profiles and giving plants what they want when they want it in the right proportions. With a little research and time anyone can figure out nute profiles from cannabis, its not rocket science. If you buy raw salts and mix your own nutes or go with a company like JR Peters you will pull just as good results than with AN for a fraction of the cost. Im not saying AN does not have good products but growers dont need to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on nutes to have great results. Plenty of people on this site have proven this to be true.

Plant food is plant food, Calcium is calcium, nitrate nitrogen is nitrate nitrogen, mono potassium phosphate is mono potassium phosphate, P2O5 is P2O5. All companies use same derivities more or less just in different bottles and different amounts, add food coloring and fancy labels and mark up price. Weed growers are the laughing stock of the Ag industry for this reason.

Very true statement.. What I've notice thru the years is people are always looking to make things easier for themselves, anyone can pick up AN and grow the dank, but what people lack now a days is being informed...
Everyone wants the easy way out of things, when all it takes is a little initiative, research, and a little hard work..

I too have played into the hype of nute companies but no more will I play into that.. I'm finishing my nutes and diving into the salts head first..

buddahslave

buddahslave

A healthy debate is good that's what this form is all about. If we just agree with each other all day and pass out likes we wouldn't learn shit. With that said I don't agree with your assessment. For the average grower with limited education salts could pose a mind boggling experience which could kill all of his or her plants. What advanced nutrients is charging so much money for is they already did all the science for you so that you can concentrate on making piles of cash. Now I understand that some people have some type of moral hang ups on just making shit loads of money fast with very little work then salts and cheap nutes are for you. Most of us that grow are always pressed for time and need short cuts like hydroponics and 1000 watt systems on timers to move shit along, because at the end of the day its all about profit margins! Advanced Nutrients has made it so simple and fast that a nube can grow like a pro. No other company has went as far as they have to simplify the complex science so that us non rocket scientist can make a buck. I don't mind paying more for the nutes sometimes because I saved over 100 grand not getting a degree in horticulture:cigar:

R

ReCway

A healthy debate is good that's what this form is all about. If we just agree with each other all day and pass out likes we wouldn't learn shit. With that said I don't agree with your assessment. For the average grower with limited education salts could pose a mind boggling experience which could kill all of his or her plants. What advanced nutrients is charging so much money for is they already did all the science for you so that you can concentrate on making piles of cash. Now I understand that some people have some type of moral hang ups on just making shit loads of money fast with very little work then salts and cheap nutes are for you. Most of us that grow are always pressed for time and need short cuts like hydroponics and 1000 watt systems on timers to move shit along, because at the end of the day its all about profit margins! Advanced Nutrients has made it so simple and fast that a nube can grow like a pro. No other company has went as far as they have to simplify the complex science so that us non rocket scientist can make a buck. I don't mind paying more for the nutes sometimes because I saved over 100 grand not getting a degree in horticulture:cigar:

Thats really what all hydro companies have done. Ive used X nutrients, GH, AN, FoxFarm, Organics, and a gamet of others. I pulled stellar results with all of the above. Now I use JR Peters Labs. And pull even better results and bigger yeilds. As a noobie grower one must worry more about enviroment, and nute profiles than nute brands. I wish somebody had told me that 10 years ago. You dont need a degree to understand nute profiles, hell I dont even have a HS diploma. They can be intimidating at first but with time and patience anyone can understand this. I spend $100 on 50 lb of dry nutes and that last me roughly 7500 gallons of nutes. Thats hella cheap. But to each his own. I just dont want noobies thinking that just using AN will give you stellar results. In fact a Noob would be better of starting with cheaper nutes so there learning curve doesnt break the bank. Just my 2 cents.

buddahslave

buddahslave

If you and others truly believe in the salts then I suggest you start a forum topic dedicated to simplifying JR Peters salt formulas, because as of now it's just to complex and that is why AN is the winning source. I don't have anything against using salts to make your own nute formula I just need it more simplified then has been in the past. I'm so swamped between kids, wife, bills, growing, marketing, and sales that it is allot to try and figure out what all replaces what. I can buy AN hobby box and it tells me from beginning to end what I need it for and what it does and what my results will be and I used it and it worked great! If there was a side by side chart comparing AN products with a salt solution that would work instead of that product then I can get behind that. I don't know what I can buy from JP Peters to replace Carboload, B52, Bud Factor X, or Overdrive and don't forget House and Gardens Bud XL because I believe in results and with this shit I get rich all day everyday! Show me a side by side comparison and I will test it. Show me the numbers of how much to mix and when to mix it, and what combinations to use, because that's what makes AN so great is they have done the heavy lifting. JR Peters is design for growing all sorts of fruits and vegetables, but AN is only design to grow marijuana specifically. I love this discussion and the people involved I hope others will join so we can all learn and get better:pompus:

buddahslave

buddahslave

I understand the swelling affect of MOAB, but I created this thread to ask about the ripening affect. You know, trics going from clear to cloudy to amber! Thats what I want to know about! Does it help or speed ripening?

I tested the moab for ripening and it is not very good for that, it will actually slow down ripening and continue to increase swelling. I ended up having to us kool bloom to make it start to ripen at the end and two days later hairs started to turn brown and bud started to get dense. Doing this test is difficult because I don't know if it would have started to ripen in two days regardless. In my opinion I would use moab to swell and kool bloom to ripen. I would not use kool bloom til the very end because it will kill all your fan leaves. But don't worry most of us don't smoke the fan leaves:cigar:

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Advanced Nutrients is the greatest company Marijuana growers have ever had. They have taken the nutes out of the stone ages of growing roses and tomatoes and advanced them into focusing nutes on cannabis. All other nutrient companies are starting to follow suit and that is great for our industry. I hate half of their products and love the other half. I suggest that the true farmers do their due diligence and experiment with the different products on the market. No company is perfect and no farmer is perfect but it is great to have access to both:cigar:

??? is this a joke?

edit to add, don't mean to come across as a douche, it's just that this doesn't make alot of sense...

Reebs

Reebs

I tested the moab for ripening and it is not very good for that, it will actually slow down ripening and continue to increase swelling. I ended up having to us kool bloom to make it start to ripen at the end and two days later hairs started to turn brown and bud started to get dense.

i noticed this aswell on my last run with MOAB. i actually thought it was the light being a little to close and not letting the hairs get dark so i backed off the lights and started my flush. in the end everything finished but it was weird and i had never seen that before where you still got white hairs at wk 9.

makes sense though about MOAB, it's so strong! i may try something different this time around.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Can you name another company that has as many products geared just for pot?

Umm.....well if you think brands like Heavy 16, Canna, and House and Garden are NOT geared towards MMJ people....then AN has brainwashed you. I still run a few AN products, but those guys are snakeoil salesmen. There is NO MAGIC BULLET when it comes to nutrients. I know people who KILL IT consistently with Gen Hydro. I wish I felt more confident with salts, cause if I did I would be using JACK'S.

One last thing.....part of your post says it all.....just reread it.

"that has as many products"

buddahslave

buddahslave

Umm.....well if you think brands like Heavy 16, Canna, and House and Garden are NOT geared towards MMJ people....then AN has brainwashed you. I still run a few AN products, but those guys are snakeoil salesmen. There is NO MAGIC BULLET when it comes to nutrients. I know people who KILL IT consistently with Gen Hydro. I wish I felt more confident with salts, cause if I did I would be using JACK'S.

One last thing.....part of your post says it all.....just reread it.

"that has as many products"

I wasn't saying that there are no other companies geared towards growing pot, I was saying that AN was the fist to revolutionized the nutes to be geared towards just pot and only pot and the other companies followed. I don't have a problem with the other companies just have a problem with people bad mouthing them as if they didn't take this shit to the next level. As a farmer you don't have to like there products but you also don't have to hate them, just hate the game! And non of the companies you named have as many products. And here in Laker Nation we don't add general hydroponics to our sfv og anymore because the market is just to competitive for that:cigar:

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I wasn't saying that there are no other companies geared towards growing pot, I was saying that AN was the fist to revolutionized the nutes to be geared towards just pot and only pot and the other companies followed. I don't have a problem with the other companies just have a problem with people bad mouthing them as if they didn't take this shit to the next level. As a farmer you don't have to like there products but you also don't have to hate them, just hate the game! And non of the companies you named have as many products. And here in Laker Nation we don't add general hydroponics to our sfv og anymore because the market is just to competitive for that:cigar:

Here in Laker nation.....plenty of people still run GH. I think you missed my point. All those additives are NOT needed. AN is in it for the money, just like all the other companies. I just think they have brainwashed a LOT of people. I run H16, for several reasons. Bryce is local, I call and I talk to HIM...not some rep, his nutes BLOW AN out of the water...my quality and quantity have gone up since I ditched AN.

Alas, this thread is about MOAB, and I am a firm believer in GTD's Hammerhead/MOAB combo. You say you are using it with Overdrive.....I say be careful. Overdrive caused foxtailing in not just my rooms, but in a few friends of mine as well. I remember you saying you had never heard of foxtailing......google is your friend buddhaslave.

Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

And here in Laker Nation we don't add general hydroponics to our sfv og anymore because the market is just to competitive for that:cigar:[/quote]

Does laker nation mean Los Angeles? And if you're talking about competitiveness of flower in LA or any other place you wouldn't be name dropping San Fernando lol, especially considering that's o e of the most commin cuts out! Sfv OG and sky walker are soo over run in SoCal it's like talking about growing Sour Diesel as a strain in normals competitive market. OHKAY lololololololol this just makes me laugh.

I've never heard of a big time connoisseur trying to keep up with a competitive grow market by growing such an arbitrary strain, especially since now a days everything is just crossed with O.G. for the aroma. -_____-

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Lol.. Laker nation, where did that come out of in MOAD thread..

I get what buddahslave is saying, their the only company that has marketed to the MMJ community, but I also do believe they purposely market to the community for there own financial gains.. They know the community would support if it claims to provided specifically to them, never seen a strawberry, tomato, etc. growers use AN .. It's just marketing perspective, but the rest of the nute companies provide just as good products for a multi facet of growing techniques and crops..AN produces several product lines that do the same thing, this is why you have alot of products, all companies can produce great results its up to the grower to make it happen with using some know how..
And CelticEBE, definitely all the AN adds aren't needed but they do help in some respect, you have to know what they are meant for and why their needed.. Or you can be over doing it with the same products.. I used to run GH back in the day and got great results.. I've even done a Side by side with H16 and GH, I got the same structure and the roughly same weight, with a slight better taste on the H16 side..

Back to Moab, I have been using the HH/MOAB combo for a while now and always notice the swell, and ripening happening when used.. I hairs turning orangish/amber within days of use and swell and ripening as I cont to use the combo.. Finally ripening comes in the later part of flush IME..

Here's a couple shots after roughly a week of using the combo.. BTW I don't mind seeming new pistils around this time, it only means there's an added growth spurt occurring meaning there's more calyxes being produce which adds weight.

Reebs

Reebs

Does anyone know if MOAB can be applied as a foliar spray?

i don't think so, i like to pre mix it before adding to my res and even then it's hard to get mixed up properly. also the bottle states nothing about foilar spray. the suggested mixtures are actually per 5 Gal, so unless you were mixing up a 5 + gal backpack sprayer for a huge garden. lol

buddahslave

buddahslave

This started with oscar169 as he said AN don't give a shit about our plants but I disagreed and said nothing, then soserthc1 wrote agreed and I just feel like not enough people give this company any credit. I've used every nute on your list and I appreciate them all because they didn't have to do it at all and finding salts to mix in the big city in the 90's was close to impossible. So to end my AN rant and focus more on moab I like them because I have access to allot of different shit if I choose to buy it its there for us to enjoy:cigar:

Top Bottom