MooseFarts Outdoor Grow 2019

• Thread starter MooseFarts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MooseFarts

MooseFarts

@Rooke nice! Looks like some good stuff! I have yet to try any bloom boosters or even foliar spraying early in flower. Once I see pistils I refrain from foliar feeding, and not sure why I haven’t ever tried a bloom booster! I have read online that many people don’t believe the bloom boosters do much so that’s why I have yet to try one

I do give molasses about once a week in flower though!

Rooke

Rooke

@Rooke nice! Looks like some good stuff! I have yet to try any bloom boosters or even foliar spraying early in flower. Once I see pistils I refrain from foliar feeding, and not sure why I haven’t ever tried a bloom booster! I have read online that many people don’t believe the bloom boosters do much so that’s why I have yet to try one

I do give molasses about once a week in flower though!
i have never foliar fed at any stage of growth,so this is my first try at it. I hope it works. I probably should’ve just tried it on one of them but I’m a bit anxious to see if the timing is right. My gals are kinda in limbo and I think this may have positive results we will see

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

i have never foliar fed at any stage of growth,so this is my first try at it. I hope it works. I probably should’ve just tried it on one of them but I’m a bit anxious to see if the timing is right. My gals are kinda in limbo and I think this may have positive results we will see

Awesome hope that it works out! I’m sure they’ll love the extra boost!

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

How is the Baikal express going?

Here’s some pics of the beautiful colours coming out in this strain!

E89F0848 DF1D 4678 9D60 72D0A185A112
C99B76B5 52EE 467D 9EB8 F55AFD1242A7

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Should I be concerned about a couple colas’ pistils already dying off?? It’s rained quite a bit the past couple days and pretty much everything else is white. Buds don’t even look close to fully developed yet either so what would be the cause of this?

I’m hoping not Mold or bugs, but I’ve inspected the buds around the area thoroughly and haven’t seen any sign worth noting.

C980A69F 9CCC 4E7C A968 A14294441197
2F452B46 24F6 4910 B2D5 2FD376D2B72C

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Could the browning of some pistils be from the rain accumulating on he bud and then the sun coming out to fry the hairs? Just the water acting as a magnifying glass?

Rooke

Rooke

Could the browning of some pistils be from the rain accumulating on he bud and then the sun coming out to fry the hairs? Just the water acting as a magnifying glass?
Makes sense to me, do you shake the rain off of your buds? Once my buds started to get bigger I would shake them in the am we get heavy morning dew here and after a rain. I’m pretty anal tho!!

Rooke

Rooke

Is that
Makes sense to me, do you shake the rain off of your buds? Once my buds started to get bigger I would shake them in the am we get heavy morning dew here and after a rain. I’m pretty anal tho!!
one of your express’s??

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Oh yeah I go out to shake em every time they get wet. And yeah that’s the AK kush express. All my express strains are flowering. The white critical express is furthest along, but even its hairs haven’t gotten that brown. Next is the AK kush and then all the others. Then I have three others that have only just started to flower. Won’t be for another couple weeks til I see buds on them.

How are yours doing?

Aotearoa420

Aotearoa420

Foliar feeding is great. If soil feeding, a nutrient excess (or deficiency) will normally show up (or be resolved) in three days or so where with foliar feeding, the same will happen in one day. Bare in mind some minerals are immobile whilst some are not, which will have an effect on foliar feeding.
I don't use Mollasses, reason being I don't believe plants simply uptake 'sugars' of the form molasses is in.
Molasses IS a food for microbes though and effects microbial populations and diversity, how it effects them, is very complicated and something I do not understand nor ever will. I'm yet to see any benefits from using it myself but some swear by it and believe their buds taste better. I'm still sitting on the fence on that one. Ya just gotta do what works for you 😀

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Foliar feeding is great. If soil feeding, a nutrient excess (or deficiency) will normally show up (or be resolved) in three days or so where with foliar feeding, the same will happen in one day. Bare in mind some minerals are immobile whilst some are not, which will have an effect on foliar feeding.
I don't use Mollasses, reason being I don't believe plants simply uptake 'sugars' of the form molasses is in.
Molasses IS a food for microbes though and effects microbial populations and diversity, how it effects them, is very complicated and something I do not understand nor ever will. I'm yet to see any benefits from using it myself but some swear by it and believe their buds taste better. I'm still sitting on the fence on that one. Ya just gotta do what works for you 😀
I feel you, definitely just do what works for you! I do like to foliar feed in veg but I have stopped since my first plant started to flower. I’m scared to spray anything on buds, even when they’re still really young. I’m also too lazy to mix up batches of foliar spray just to do one or two plants out of the bunch. Mostly because I haven’t let any deficiency get too out of hand so root feeding is perfectly acceptable in my case.

Just started trying molasses this year and can’t say I see a difference just yet. But one things for sure is im excited to start trying these buds. A few more weeks until harvest season starts around here I think.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Sorry for the lack of updates. I’m on my last leg of my master’s degree so I’ve been putting everything I’ve got into that to complete it. I try to stay away from my plants since it’s so easy to lose track of time when inspected and picking at them girls.

Here’s some shots of the bud development on the white critical express. Is she ever lookin juicy. Smelling amazing as well!

0CED57D1 9B6F 406D A4B2 26E8E759A55A
FB5DA3A2 A191 4846 A495 E74DBDDC885D
FFD842FB 178E 40EC B810 9E251C584B4C
292DEB53 0F72 4413 857F A33BA3893260
E5ADAC7F B7DD 4BA8 BA06 1FC64CF0A053
2C974819 E496 4A04 8500 98B8A30BE029

Also I’ve refrained from feeding the girls the past couple weeks since like the first mm on the leaf tips are turning yellow. Nothing has changed since not feeding them so I gave them 50% recommended strength nutrients (basic bloom a+b formula).

My plan of action so far is next watering they’ll get no nutes, if the yellowing still persists I’ll do water + calmag, and then after that I’ll go back to giving nutes.

Here’s a shot of the yellowing of the leaf tips. I would’ve suspected nute burn but there’s no clawing or burning happening.

06317B38 014B 488C AF29 CF48300F3597

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Also some other bud development shots.

Here is some Kabul express, this one started many weeks after the white critical express.
447E71C9 79FA 42E1 B20F 902FCEF5A5A5
EFE0CD71 111E 4782 9953 714B3E9890CC

The colas on the AK kush express:

7548F717 DFF8 4073 BDE8 4E65A0E60D04
1BFB5401 D500 49A6 B0B0 1BD39BDFAA17

The baikal express has started most recently and the colours on it are looking phenomenal. Going to be a pretty one for sure
CA99045A 731C 41B2 A6B3 AA6FC973C5A0
6DF8D12E 1731 42E1 A0C8 077910E0A95B

98856E28 9998 4CA1 88C5 7F00913C5D4F
MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Also I do want to note that yesterday I did use a simple gravity watering system. I know I was previously talking about using buckets at each plant next year but I was sick of using watering cans.

I filled up my 50 gallon watering barrels as usual but used an old garden hose to siphon the water out of the barrel and it worked wonderfully. Was able to place the hose at the plant base and water while I plucked at yellowing leaves.

Getting two birds stoned at once!

Rooke

Rooke

Also I do want to note that yesterday I did use a simple gravity watering system. I know I was previously talking about using buckets at each plant next year but I was sick of using watering cans.

I filled up my 50 gallon watering barrels as usual but used an old garden hose to siphon the water out of the barrel and it worked wonderfully. Was able to place the hose at the plant base and water while I plucked at yellowing leaves.

Getting two birds stoned at once!
Lmfao! Keep your nose in the books buddy your gals are doing just fine. The tip burn is pretty minor I’m thinking it could just be the strain

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Lmfao! Keep your nose in the books buddy your gals are doing just fine. The tip burn is pretty minor I’m thinking it could just be the strain

Haha thanks man! I'm definitely trying to keep the nose in the books. Its a ridiculous amount of work to get it done!

I didnt think the yellowing tips was much to worry about but I didnt want to actually give them nutrient burn when feeding them last. They'll be fine though 🤞

Aotearoa420

Aotearoa420

Haha thanks man! I'm definitely trying to keep the nose in the books. Its a ridiculous amount of work to get it done!

I didnt think the yellowing tips was much to worry about but I didnt want to actually give them nutrient burn when feeding them last. They'll be fine though 🤞
How is the Baikal express smelling?
Indoors, mine smell like fried chicken. Not just typical KFC but gourmet fried chicken that was cooked with love.

no bals

no bals

Looks great moose. I'm interested in those express lines. Much bigger than ruderalis genetics. Do you know if it's something like early pearl or early girl crosses. They're sure impressive thanks for sharing them.

Top Bottom