Morning Jolt Coffee Or Tea???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

My wife mixes Folgers with (?) other coffee and I added some peppermint cream for the occasion. Now I'm breakdancing and spinning on my head.:icon_spin:
My old lady does the same thing but she mixes yuban from costco and one of the little 1lb french roast starbucks bags and usually either french vanilla or half and half,Works pretty good,as putmbk would say,"makes you shit like a pidgeon"

squiggly

squiggly

Strictly speaking, its much better for energy (throughout the day) if you stay away from coffee and manage your blood glucose level better (by planning a diet around glycemic indices). This is where energy and awakeness comes from.

Your liver can store about 8% of its total weight as glycogen. This is the ONLY glycogen in the body which can be made available to other tissues (such as the brain). Glycogen is a long chain polymer of glucose, and it is our body's way of storing glucose (it is analogous to starch in plants). The muscles do store about 2% of their weight as glycogen, but this is only available to the muscles themselves.

Taking the average weight of a human liver (1.2kg) and multplying that by 8 percent gives a value of 96grams of glycogen. In a 6-12 hour fast, depending on your last meal and metabolism--this ENTIRE glycogen store is depleted.

Your body can make other forms of energy available to the brain (such as ketone bodies)--but your brain prefers glucose, and these "other" types of molecules generally come from the breakdown of needed tissues, and they contribute to blood toxicity--look up ketoacidosis: a condition which used to be common among diabetics due to their bodies inability to use glucose, their body eats itself and supplies energy that way. Going without food for about 6 hours will expose you to this chemical mechanism, even if its not enough to induce ketoacidosis--it is not good for you. Your brain is responsible for up to 50% of the energy calorie usage in your body, it is a monster which must be fed.

Caffeine tricks your body into a state where you feel more awake, but ultimately you will end up more tired later in the day. You may not notice this, strictly speaking, because as the day goes along you are more equilibrated to the awake state--and we're really good at tricking ourselves into "feeling" awake. It is in the morning, when this equilibration has not yet occurred that we are most susceptible to feeling tired.

If you go with coffee in the morning, make sure you EAT as well. Your brain will thank you, even if you can't tell the difference :)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Makes sense. If you get all wound up on coffee you need something to fuel you engine...
Otherwise your burning yourself up.
today we had omleetes with goat cheese, onion, took nap, feel like bull.......

It is in the morning, when this equilibration has not yet occurred that we are most susceptible to feeling tired.

I get up ready for action, my wife is a sleepyhead...

sky high

sky high

Coffee and weed in the AM.... it's like yer own private roller coaster....

Whhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Solidly hooked....on both. You won't see me doin' a lot (happily) around the house before a couple of stiff mugs and a couple of fatty's...

Been using one of these for a few years now. Bought it for camping trips....but after using it out and about and digging the shit out of it, we brought em in the house from the camper one day and we've been using em ever since. If you like a strong cup....this is yer ticket. the longer it takes you to drink the cup, the stronger it's gonna get. >>>>BAM<<<<

http://www.planetarydesign.us/products.html?paction=bistro

We use locally/regionally roasted beans and grind 'em as needed/by the cup.

http://www.thebean.com/

I'm a sugar with Heavy/Table cream guy....the wife drinks it black.

Can't stand the flavored coffees....and to me, commercial coffee like Folgers and Maxwell house taste like yer brewing pencil shavings from a pencil sharpener. If all I could find were poorly roasted offerings like these, I'd drink a cup of tea instead..something like Celestial seasonings "Morning Thunder" or a good English "Breakfast Tea"....

Yum....

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

I usually do about 6-10 bong hits as soon as I roll outta bed. Feed the hounds and let em out. Go back to bed. No caffeine for me.

outwest
LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

if its coffee i like it a little on the light side,that much caffeine and my heart dont seem to coincide in the morning.
Coffee, a drizzle of honey, little whole milk, then splash cinnamon and nutmeg. mmmmmmmmmm
OR, green tea, drizzle of honey, and a slice of lemon (the lemon releases wayyyyyy more antioxidants and lets your body absorb them way more as well than without lemon)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Coffee and weed in the AM.... it's like yer own private roller coaster....

Whhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Solidly hooked....on both. You won't see me doin' a lot (happily) around the house before a couple of stiff mugs and a couple of fatty's...

Been using one of these for a few years now. Bought it for camping trips....but after using it out and about and digging the shit out of it, we brought em in the house from the camper one day and we've been using em ever since. If you like a strong cup....this is yer ticket. the longer it takes you to drink the cup, the stronger it's gonna get. >>>>BAM<<<<

http://www.planetarydesign.us/products.html?paction=bistro

We use locally/regionally roasted beans and grind 'em as needed/by the cup.

http://www.thebean.com/

I'm a sugar with Heavy/Table cream guy....the wife drinks it black.

Can't stand the flavored coffees....and to me, commercial coffee like Folgers and Maxwell house taste like yer brewing pencil shavings from a pencil sharpener. If all I could find were poorly roasted offerings like these, I'd drink a cup of tea instead..something like Celestial seasonings "Morning Thunder" or a good English "Breakfast Tea"....

Yum....
Sky
I Like that mini French Press mug. http://www.planetarydesign.us/products.html?paction=bistro
We use a large glass french press that presses out a quart also with fresh ground from beans, only way to go.
On road trips where you gonna get a decent mug o coffee?. If found its gunna cost ya 6 bucks at least for what were used to, never as good. So we bring fresh ground, the French Press, single burner propane stove, tea pot, stop and make our own. Cheaper, better, faster, cant go wrong...
The heavy cream is also a must. Next time your in the hood ill hook you up with some Jersey raw cow cream thats so thick ys gota to spoon it out o the jar...Sweet and riccccccch
Commercial coffee, schwag, never go there, rather go without...

Worker called in sick....Farmers dont get sick days. Better get my ass out there and milk them chickens, make that cheese, water goats and chickens, grind that feed, feed dem chickens, feed dem goats, collect them goat eggs, wash and box them eggs, deliver some fresh chickens, goat eggs and chicken cheese then go fishing...All before noon...
No sweat.....

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
In winter it's chai and different teas, black, green, red, brown, love me some genmeicha!(sp) lol
But in the summer I drink poison, it's hfc free poison but I don't do coffee and don't prefer hot beverages when it's hot out, so I drink these nasties half the year and tea the other.

Citrus

K

kolah

Just one 12 ounce cup of French-pressed coffee in the morning. I buy organic beans, roast and grind them myself. I am already an "up" kinda guy so I don't like anything speedy. I'm amazed to see how many folks are caffeine junkies and really surprised how many of these new drink products are heavily laced with strong amounts of caffeine. IMO something ain't right if you need that much of a pick-up to get through a day.

it's one of those opinionated days. :confused:

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey Kolah, I agree that drink I drink isn't good, but I pace it over a few hours and it's 240mg of caffeine which is about 2 cups of coffee, fwiw
Caffeine is a strong addiction, I'm so mellow naturally that it helps a bit ;)

With the amount of cannabis I burn daily the drink ensures I make it to bedtime, lol

K

kolah

I think in general the majority of folks need a jolt or three to get through their day. I also think that is why so many people like to use cocaine, crank and other uppers. I am just wired different and although I have tried all those drugs they never did much for me at all. I do consider caffeine a drug... a very potent one at that. My Dad drank coffee by the pots....ended up with prostate cancer. From what I have read, coffee can enlarge the prostate gland (early symptoms are dribbling urine and frequent nigh time pissing) and it also increases the risk of prostate cancer. I also know that caffeine really fires up the adrenal glands which is not good at all. IMO, being in "fight or flight" mode on a regular basis is detrimental to ones health.
But again, it's my belief to use all things in moderation. This is not to say I am perfect (far from it) and I think everyone has their own threshold and tolerance levels AND their own personal choice of free-will to do whatever they want to do. Hell, we sure as heck do not need the Coffee Police to start banning our consumption. (ala New York and their banning of Big Gulp sodas)

btw I have seen folks who are heavy caffeine consumers and decided to try and quit cold turkey and ended up with horrible migraines and severe muscle tremors (much lke alcohol D.T's). It's a pretty serious drug.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I had someone I was helping out with smoke for awhile who had drank about a 24 pack of dr.pepper or mountain dew every day for years and years about 15 years or so. At one point the doctor literally told her either stop or you will have kidney liver failure, she passed of leukemia and lymphoma. I have a strong feeling they were linked. I truthfully dont drink energy drinks or coffee, I also dont really need em.

K

kolah

I could go on but I'll stop, lol..........don't want to ruin what people enjoy.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

No dude......go on. I would like too hear what you gotta say. I held back myself.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I do mix it up and use these too, sometimes I only intake 120mg of caffeine a day! lol

Guayaki

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I love having Coffee with my first tokes of the day. Standing on the beach after a few bong hits of dank all Jolted from the coffee.. ..like Sky said.. A personal ride.....weeee! its a great way to start the day. A dry cappuccino from the local roastery or strong sumatra or french roast with cream if I'm at home. I can live without Coffee and do all the time but it's a nice treat for me a couple times a week.

Fred

Top Bottom