Mosh wants to learn to grow !

• Thread starter Moshmen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vondank420

Tent still looks good getting. Close to another water day! It’s finny how they all have different watering needs !
I gift a strawberry shortcake at 18 days View attachment 908780
The criticalView attachment 908782s are turning on right now sometimes more than a 1” of growth at time !
The cheese berries I pooped I didn’t do a good job of puttin In soil ! All 4 germinated but only got one to pop up so far ! I’ll get it right next time!
That crital looks real nice and healthy....

V

Vondank420

And mines 8.0 but only 150 ppm (.3ec). No adjustment needed.

Only the alkalinity matters. Thats what lime or oyster shell is measured into the mix for. It maintains the preset ph.

This info can be found on most nutrient websites like jacks classic. 150ppm is the standard target for water. No mention of ph except to explain why its alkalinity not ph that matters to maintain a container garden.

Pure hydro is different. No buffer so solubility is key.
One thing to add is the molarity of an acidic or base solution vs the molority of an acidic or base semi solid.
Thus why if your mediums 5.0ph your not going to raise the ph much by adding a base solution of say 7.5 or higher. You would be pushing gal after gal with no success. And vice versa if the medium was basic/alkaline.
This is why we target and buffer our medium with lime to hit 6.5 .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

One thing to add is the molarity of an acidic or base solution vs the molority of an acidic or base semi solid.
Thus why if your mediums 5.0ph your not going to raise the ph much by adding a base solution of say 7.5 or higher. You would be pushing gal after gal with no success. And vice versa if the medium was basic/alkaline.
This is why we target and buffer our medium with lime to hit 6.5 .

I had to look up molarity. :-)

Moshmen

Moshmen

Had 2 cheese Berry autos by 00 seeds loose there shells today guess I didn’t kill em ! Lmao but I do t have soil! Wtf was I thinkin I got 4 of these things comin and no dirt. So ran to hone depot bought this natures something or other added my perlite and only bone meal and small dose of ground worm casting , I’m not sure bout using the soil but here goes I let it sit for few hours instead of weeks ! Lol plus I only have big 5 gallon pots , so guess.we will see how pot size affects yield?

A2004803 7647 4763 B1AB 8061068CBFFF
15356553 03EE 4ADC BFE9 B935E7E1467D
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Had 2 cheese Berry autos by 00 seeds loose there shells today guess I didn’t kill em ! Lmao but I do t have soil! Wtf was I thinkin I got 4 of these things comin and no dirt. So ran to hone depot bought this natures something or other added my perlite and only bone meal and small dose of ground worm casting , I’m not sure bout using the soil but here goes I let it sit for few hours instead of weeks ! Lol plus I only have big 5 gallon pots , so guess.we will see how pot size affects yield?
I don't recommend starting seedlings in big pots, difficult to keep watered properly; better in a Solo Cup type container for the first few weeks or so

Moshmen

Moshmen

I don't recommend starting seedlings in big pots, difficult to keep watered properly; better in a Solo Cup type container for the first few weeks or so
Theses are auto flowers so I shoot fif as little stress as possible . I water the media ahead of time then measured amounts of water only until 3-4 nodes then I water to runoff

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Theses are auto flowers so I shoot fif as little stress as possible . I water the media ahead of time then measured amounts of water only until 3-4 nodes then I water to runoff
Don't be afraid of autoflowers.

yes you don't want to stress them but you don't really want to stress any plant

you're going to likely stress them more trying to keep them watered properly then you would have by starting them in a smaller container

When I started growing again few years they gave me my 1st ever autoflowers for free and before I had read all the hype and the do's and don'ts I treated them just like photo period plants and they grew pretty much the same way too

I topped & transplanted them right along with the other plants they didn't really grow any differently except for the autoflowering bit, they grew under 12/12 and they gave me close to the same yield as the photo plants too

Moshmen

Moshmen

you're going to likely stress them more trying to keep them watered properly then you would have by starting them in a smaller container

When I started growing again few years they gave me my 1st ever autoflowers for free and before I had read all the hype and the do's and don'ts I treated them just like photo period plants and they grew pretty much the same way too

I topped & transplanted them right along with the other plants they didn't really grow any differently except for the autoflowering bit, they grew under 12/12 and they gave me close to the same yield as the photo plants too

Got 2 more to do I’m gonna give it shot I like transplanting to! Think I will also top a couple and see ? I’m rolling with a couple extra plants just to play with and see how they react
Thanx for the inspiration!

Moshmen

Moshmen

DIY Cheapo "air pot"
Holes made with an old soldering iron. If you use an electric drill with reverse..use that instead of forward;)

View attachment 910275

Buzz if awesome good or bad we think alike cuz that’s exactly what my solo size air pot is ! Lmao just didn’t take any pics of my hilljack airpots! Lol . I have a old soldering iron I’ll give that try to can’t believe I didn’t think of it ! Dumbasss

Moshmen

Moshmen

Buzz if awesome good or bad we think alike cuz that’s exactly what my solo size air pot is ! Lmao just didn’t take any pics of my hilljack airpots! Lol . I have a old soldering iron I’ll give that try to can’t believe I didn’t think of it ! Dumbasss

My first grow I used plastic homemade , then I bought the fabric air pots and why I don’t really know but I love em! Maybe the drainage?,maybe the handles? Maybe I can keep em warmer, cooler and even dry quicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom