Mosh wants to learn to grow !

• Thread starter Moshmen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I used river rocks in the bottom of pots for years and read something a decade or so ago and stopped. When I started with the coco I didn't even think about it.

Now that iron clay soil I got a lot and when I've mixed some in my potting soil I didn't have to fertilize as often. By itself it develops a hard crust plants have a difficult time growing well in but when amended it rocks. Plants seem to love those minerals.
i prefer the red myself,especially for watermelons and canaloupe,i use nothing but ocean forest for medicine,it is loose and i dont add extra perlite if it needed it they would put it in,i do use rocks,my feed comes out and drains into tray and vacumed out,regaurdless of were the super chick with wantabe plants hanging on the wall says,done it for year and continue like i said if it works for me i sugest it to others science dont mean nothing ,just emplyment for some folks,growing fact and food on my table dont lie or judge so be it,you win i guess but we still agree to disagree im one them low todum pole folk she speek of hahah.
roll how you want cowboy take the hard road,
only thing in this world that comes easy
hard luck

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Its a bacteria that kills and deforms mosquito and fungus gnat larvae. it is the active ingredient in mosquito dunks and bits and in a stronger concentration in a liquid product called microbe lift.

It is also used for mosquito control in standing water and ponds.

2-4 drops per gallon of water and drench soil.

@Burned Haze turned me on to it. He swears by it in his busy gardens.
if it that good ,they need to spray that shit around here,mosquito will gladly pick you up and fly you around the property,hahahah hell im still killing snakes and scorpions here,got one yesterday weed eating 1 1/2 ft long,couldnt believe that bastard was still out,we even had a couple cold front few weeks back

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

if it that good ,they need to spray that shit around here,mosquito will gladly pick you up and fly you around the property,hahahah hell im still killing snakes and scorpions here,got one yesterday weed eating 1 1/2 ft long,couldnt believe that bastard was still out,we even had a couple cold front few weeks back

It only affects the larvae. Not the adult fliers like a pesticide. The larvae eat the bacteria and it messes up their reproduction or just kills them. Same with mosquitos. You pour some in the standing water. Like they use it in golf course water traps for example.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

It only affects the larvae. Not the adult fliers like a pesticide. The larvae eat the bacteria and it messes up their reproduction or just kills them. Same with mosquitos. You pour some in the standing water. Like they use it in golf course water traps for example.
we got killer sketters around here,no shit these bitchs come off the gulf area,really got bad when ever katrina flooded ,been here every since,so damn thick you see them before they get to you ,give you time to take cover ,no joke ,my grand baby dont go outside past 4 in the evening in spring months,get closer to summer they rollin about 15 min before dark,bats have a field day on them,bat cave all around this area

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

we got killer sketters around here,no shit these bitchs come off the gulf area,really got bad when ever katrina flooded ,been here every since,so damn thick you see them before they get to you ,give you time to take cover ,no joke ,my grand baby dont go outside past 4 in the evening in spring months,get closer to summer they rollin about 15 min before dark,bats have a field day on them,bat cave all around this area

I plan to get a screen room for the yard here. I live in mosquito hell too. The worst here is at the end of our local kayak run. Waiting for the van to get back is hell at the riverside campground canoe launch.

Growing up in Jersey we had a lot too.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have not had a need for extra lime or oyster shell in pallets of bags of potting soil and peat lite mixes. Not even with 12 week flowering plants. They mix the proper amount at the production location.
The. It’s definitely possible that for the first month the mix was fine then the lime started to kick in and raise the ph? Just a question

I’m usin straight pro mix with 25% perlite nothing added this time pbp grow thru out

Moshmen

Moshmen

Its a bacteria that kills and deforms mosquito and fungus gnat larvae. it is the active ingredient in mosquito dunks and bits and in a stronger concentration in a liquid product called microbe lift.

It is also used for mosquito control in standing water and ponds.

2-4 drops per gallon of water and drench soil.

@Burned Haze turned me on to it. He swears by it in his busy gardens.

The city uses it the control mosquitoes here spray once a week sometimes ! Plus they fog , sucky part of livin in the swamp

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I plan to get a screen room for the yard here. I live in mosquito hell too. The worst here is at the end of our local kayak run. Waiting for the van to get back is hell at the riverside campground canoe launch.

Growing up in Jersey we had a lot too.
i remember when a truck use to come around and spray for the bastards,but folk got upset with that,funny thing about it n,wasnt a problem back then,now babies deformed from a damn mosqitio,thats a sad deal there,better odds with spraying

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

these bats do a pretty good job on them,but seems like the sketters know when the bats come from the caves hahaha,heat of summer i be working outside and know when i need to feed my deer by them,when the cloud comes over ,i feed the deer about 2 more hours before dark.
i live close to a santuary city they call um ,but they dont do spraying here ,it so much easier to just talk about the pest instead of fix it,you all know the gig

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

these bats do a pretty good job on them,but seems like the sketters know when the bats come from the caves hahaha,heat of summer i be working outside and know when i need to feed my deer by them,when the cloud comes over ,i feed the deer about 2 more hours before dark.
i live close to a santuary city they call um ,but they dont do spraying here ,it so much easier to just talk about the pest instead of fix it,you all know the gig

When I was a kid they stopped spraying and then there were bats everywhere at night. Never realized.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The. It’s definitely possible that for the first month the mix was fine then the lime started to kick in and raise the ph? Just a question

I’m usin straight pro mix with 25% perlite nothing added this time pbp grow thru out

Sorry missed the question. And yeah if over limed the soil ph will eventually rise.

Pro mix suggests in one of their blogs that each new mix should be checked by the user to see if over limed as clumps can sometimes get through the screen.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

damn moss you alright or is your thread a stay on topic thread too hahahahah,i need to find that broadcast board to know what threads i can watch and talk to folks,that is a thang these days,lmao
did you ever get that pro mix mixed and going ?

Moshmen

Moshmen

If any of these pop up they will go in 3-5 gallon more soil, less problems, bigger/more flowers, lol
One that is comin up seems to maybe have some mold on it? We will see if she can take it ?
Not sure why but havin a tough time with getting seeds to acually make seedlings! Lol never had any trouble before this, hell that was the easy part !

3212CF19 E686 4879 8C7C A278EAAAEBDF
6B9FD74D 066B 4416 B9D7 551822201999
Moshmen

Moshmen

Then there is this cheese berry with white pistols all over and yet I think it’s about time? I can’t hold this damn camera still long enuff! Lol here we go , I’m excellent with numbers! Except percentages, lmao so not even gonna try to guess I see a couple amber but could be heat/ lite. I think mostly cloudy but

DDBC3650 BC2F 4205 8E17 540BA10D8D0A
2EFE7DEA 5766 4286 958E 01758EBE8D2D
DC16FB08 606B 405C A485 B3B159B42DCB
F3543829 43F8 4860 9306 9DC1083B3211
4E32C439 915A 4AEA 90D2 70A9AC880412
35EA7E57 9A51 4689 B0BC 2181E30CED00
9329E906 3372 4144 A137 D8146D4157D2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom