Mosh wants to learn to grow !

• Thread starter Moshmen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshmen

Moshmen

This method does not really equal the math for a straight full room at once grow but i always look at it like how many ounces (grams) per month harvested for my perpetual. Individual plant yield can be higher as not all the plants are full sized ar once so they can stretch out a little more.

So really per plant yield and output per month are the metrics for me.

My high average with 2 600 watt lights in a 3.5’x7’ area is 5.5oz per plant and about a pound per month.
Yeah I know it really doesn’t work, the more I look at it your right there are just so many other variables

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yep that exactly how. Calculate per plant or average per month. X amount of total kilowatt hours equals X amount of total yield. You will get an accurate gram per kilowatt hr.

The whole problem of gpw is it doesn't calculate veg times etc. So by doing it this way you get an honest actual account of total of grams per kilowatt hour.

But there are different lights in veg and the flower room.

And then there is the fact that every plant is different each time. So many variables to consider.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I know it really doesn’t work, the more I look at it your right there are just so many other variables

Its like you said earlier. We only need to average our own results and make improvements from there.

Yield (output) is higher overall in the staggared method as there is more space available per plant. Its quite different growing a whole room together.

But they are right. Kilowatt hours is the only accurate metric.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

But there are different lights in veg and the flower room.

And then there is the fact that every plant is different each time. So many variables to consider.
So for each plant you take the hours spent in the room and multiply the watts of the light by how many hours its on. Say in veg 400w 18hrd a day for 3 weeks. So 400x18x21=151,200 converted to kw hrs. 151.2 kw hrs.

Then say 600w flower. For 8 weeks. 600x12x56= 403,200 converted 404 2 kw hrs

Then add them. 403.2+151.2= 551.4 kw hrs.

Say yield is 600 grams. That a little over 1 gpw.

Easier to add up all the lights on a monthly basis. Like 18hrs x 30 days x 400w. Do the same for each room and add them all together and you knkw the total kw hr of light for the every month. Each month just add the yields and calculate.

Hell you could do it on a yearly to get more accurate.

Its easy to do you just have to figure out in which way you want to calculate it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So for each plant you take the hours spent in the room and multiply the watts of the light by how many hours its on. Say in veg 400w 18hrd a day for 3 weeks. So 400x18x21=151,200 converted to kw hrs. 151.2 kw hrs.

Then say 600w flower. For 8 weeks. 600x12x56= 403,200 converted 404 2 kw hrs

Then add them. 403.2+151.2= 551.4 kw hrs.

Say yield is 600 grams. That a little over 1 gpw.

Easier to add up all the lights on a monthly basis. Like 18hrs x 30 days x 400w. Do the same for each room and add them all together and you knkw the total kw hr of light for the every month. Each month just add the yields and calculate.

Hell you could do it on a yearly to get more accurate.

Its easy to do you just have to figure out in which way you want to calculate it.
You should add to that calculating the watts used on AC, heaters, fans, pumps, dehu, humidifier etc.

Gives you a better picture of how efficient the system is overall. Brass tacks..

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well I’m gonna see what I can put together thanx for the info fellas

Moshmen

Moshmen

Tagged a couple plants to try an track efficiency we will c in couple months.

Not much change pulled 3-4 of my haze potion they are all lite green like this one was - never really pulled out of it and isn’t flowering on its own so they are goin goin gone.

F68EE0F6 2331 4F7E 9989 868B4C792E0A
Moshmen

Moshmen

And the fresh tent all got their first complete watering with un phed spring water first pic here are all from a fellow farmer asked if I’d try some of his beans - sure y not , it’s a family grow not production- so there’s a couple blueberry autos, Afghan autos, and a blue dream in there as well
Thanx @Frankster we are up and runnin ! I’ll provide weekly updates for ya they will get no special treatment and will get tested in my shitty environment

37F23540 DAE1 41B9 A0F0 C4FC0FF3D68D
Moshmen

Moshmen

Just received some dragon flame genetics yesterday , could help dropping a couple they will get soaked then either coffee filter or straight to soil depending !

Oh almost forgot I also dropped a few more from another fellow farmer from Spain after a long flu wait they also arrived so down went a few magnum autos thanx @Poekie

Moshmen

Moshmen

Also that apera ph pen well time to throw it away - got new batts today still reads great on 7 then move it to the 4 solution and she reads 5.1 even after calibration even tried new solution ! And 10 solution was 8.4 ! Wtf but 7 solution is spot on ! thanks for pointing out I’m a dumb ass! Lol I’ve learned to now ck multiple solutions - so right now I really don’t know where I’m at ? Lol and ready for the new babies to get at least phed water first water was unphed spring water from a bottle .
U guys use drops or a blue labs grade pen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom