Mosh wants to learn to grow !

• Thread starter Moshmen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshmen

Moshmen

THIS!!!!! Always look to the environment first to fix issues.
The biggest bestest thing in the whole world I’ve done( besides my kids) is STOPPED phing the water!!!! Lmao I capture rain water and jug it up right away. Never check it! To much fuckin stress! up this down that add this WTF. How come every where ya read ph is like if ya don’t do this this and this or your plants are gonna die!

Then I found you guys !! Lol and was quickly convinced ph is just a tool not the law !! Thank you @Aqua, @MIMedGrower@olskool it’s been a week any body ? And all the guys grows I read

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The biggest bestest thing in the whole world I’ve done( besides my kids) is STOPPED phing the water!!!! Lmao I capture rain water and jug it up right away. Never check it! To much fuckin stress! up this down that add this WTF. How come every where ya read ph is like if ya don’t do this this and this or your plants are gonna die!

Then I found you guys !! Lol and was quickly convinced ph is just a tool not the law !! Thank you @Aqua, @MIMedGrower@olskool it’s been a week any body ? And all the guys grows I read

It is because of alkalinity. Thats what matters. Rain water is like ro water. Low to no ppm mineral content. It will instantly take on the ph of whatever you put it in or in it. No buffer.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Because not everyone has the same water. For example mine's 8.9 from the tap, not going to grow successfully with that in 3 gallon pots

And mines 8.0 but only 150 ppm (.3ec). No adjustment needed.

Only the alkalinity matters. Thats what lime or oyster shell is measured into the mix for. It maintains the preset ph.

This info can be found on most nutrient websites like jacks classic. 150ppm is the standard target for water. No mention of ph except to explain why its alkalinity not ph that matters to maintain a container garden.

Pure hydro is different. No buffer so solubility is key.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

And mines 8.0 but only 150 ppm (.3ec). No adjustment needed.

Only the alkalinity matters. Thats what lime or oyster shell is measured into the mix for. It maintains the preset ph.

This info can be found on most nutrient websites like jacks classic. 150ppm is the standard target for water. No mention of ph except to explain why its alkalinity not ph that matters to maintain a container garden.

Pure hydro is different. No buffer so solubility is key.

We can agree to disagree. I believe properly adjusted pH is instrumental to optimal success, even in soil and particularly in smaller pots.

Moshmen

Moshmen

We can agree to disagree. I believe properly adjusted pH is instrumental to optimal success, even in soil and particularly in smaller pots.
Ive seen both methods produce! everyone’s grow is different!
In my case I struggled with water ph and nutrient uptake! Switched to rainwater and a ppm meter and so far my soil has stayed with range! Because of the emphasis I had put on that ph number I can’t help but check it, it’s acually pretty acidic! 5.2-5.6 has been the range but I’m using anyways with no issues so far! Ppm runs around 140-150 in the water and around 1000 in runoff at about 25% In 2 gallon pots , pretty small containers! Oh and run off ph is 6.2-6.8 every pot just a little different .
In the end we will all do what works for us ! Lol
Happy growing!

Moshmen

Moshmen

I don’t know how ya all do it ! Lights out ! Lmao I just overed the tent to ck on em and freaked out! I’m used to running the 24/7. I work most days so my lights out is 10-4 and I don’t like it !
But sure seems like they do! 😂

Moshmen

Moshmen

Tent still looks good getting. Close to another water day! It’s finny how they all have different watering needs !
I gift a strawberry shortcake at 18 days
84465A45 5BE9 473C BA95 B81C5D07BCFD

The critical
20E1ADD7 FA10 4E2A BE71 8EBB0988020A
s are turning on right now sometimes more than a 1” of growth at time !
The cheese berries I pooped I didn’t do a good job of puttin In soil ! All 4 germinated but only got one to pop up so far ! I’ll get it right next time!

9FA47662 FDD8 48A4 8095 CED09BA641C3
A463D728 843F 46B3 86FC 0AC94EB687CA
Moshmen

Moshmen

Well looks like at least 1 more is gonna come up May b 2 ! Lol I’ll do s better job next round for sure ! These are cheese berry from 00 seeds

E79467E1 9194 4DC7 824F D3E32BB6B1D9
Moshmen

Moshmen

I also tied down 3 plants they are all ready about a 12” high so prolly to late but I’m gonna run 2 tents so thought I’d play with it , right now I’m thinking this will be the only time , I just wanted to slow her down I little . I tried this before without success but gave up quickly! Lmao.

So far I’m convinced to let them grow naturally with minimal traing and of defoliation. I do like to lollipop the bottom 1/3 cuz I feel that’s where good light penetration stops with my approach .
Sorry bout the lights opinions on training or topping autos? Any body ?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

@Moshmen
If those are peat pots, I would re-think them next time..I started trying Jiffy Peat Pots and couldn't keep them moist. The peat leaches the water away from the seedlings. I like rockwool better. Sterile and less chance of damping off imo.

Moshmen

Moshmen

@Moshmen
If those are peat pots, I would re-think them next time..I started trying Jiffy Peat Pots and couldn't keep them moist. The peat leaches the water away from the seedlings. I like rockwool better. Sterile and less chance of damping off imo.

It’s funny you say that ! Ur spot on ! I’m havin trouble right now! Lol I’ve never tried rock wool but I’ll give it a shot ! Thanx @Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Moshmen

Moshmen

I got one photo, it’s in soil that has been amended for autos so for the first time in more than a month I gotta get in the box! Lmao been using it as a stand for a fan

70F9E4AF 6710 4402 9A82 0E4597C30177
09014591 5FE7 43BC BF8F 55ED99046A5B
Moshmen

Moshmen

Oh and thanks @Buzzer777 for reminding me these cardboard motherfuckers are killing my seedlings! Never again will I use them !

8A603563 1677 44E5 976D 94C8652CBBD5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom