Motherlode's first UC run with White Fire #3 - come on in, the waters fine!

• Thread starter motherlode
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
havent abandoned the thread

I know its been awhile - I been having some issues with the grow - clawing and then the exact opposite canoing or tacoing of the leaves...

I spoke with Dan from Uc this week and he set me straight about a few things and I have been making some changes - first and foremost fazing out the zone

I spent about a half hour the other day typing out most of what Dan and I talked about, hit enter and my post disappeared and I haven't had the energy or the time to type it all out again

suffice to say he is cool as shit and one of the major issue we talked about was the whole running sterile v running clean aspect

he thinks zone and hydrofungacide have their place - that being IF you get into trouble with rot or algae - he made a fucking great point when he said if your running zone and get root rot or algae - then what do you use?

the website says that you should run a "clean" res and not a sterile one

he means use clean nutes, not heavy organic guanos

he swears by pure blend pro because it gives you the best of both worlds but is clean and chelated

Im switching to running aquashield and GH 3 part base (only using micro and bloom) ill also be using hydroplex and will prolly boost with moab/hammerhead

He also recommends that you NOT run pure water at the last week to flush as this will just kill the plants

one other thing we touched on is you should expect to go 5-7 days longer to finish in the UC

this made me feel a little better that maybe I wasnt as far behind as I thought - now if I can just get my damn leaf issue sorted

Im assuming the white Fire is all fired up and Frosty!

she is frosty and stinky - really impressed with that aspect of this grow

How is everything going with the them wf's man....Give us some updates when you get I chance.I will be running some wf next round can't wait!!!!!!!!

Ill get some pix up early next week - you will love her bro

Nice bro your killing it,dont know if u posted it to many pages but are you flowering with mh bro.

yep warm spectrum MH 2 x 1k and a hps 600 watt in the center

ML. let us see these girls, dont be greedy

lol soon my friend soon - life got real busy lately

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

He also recommends that you NOT run pure water at the last week to flush as this will just kill the plants [/QUOTE said:
I dont understand that part Ive ran ro water for over 10 days and all it did was ripen up and flush

Great points on the rest I had to figure it out the hard way myself
Good luck motherload and lets see them pics
BG

bonkia

bonkia

He also recommends that you NOT run pure water at the last week to flush as this will just kill the plants

Im also intterested in this as i run GH and it is chemy if you dont give it a good rince.. What does he suggest.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

My Understanding of Dan's Recommendation

From what I understand the recommendation is to run PK booster (0 to very low Nitrogen) for last 7-10 days at 300-450 ppm and then a 2 day flush with RO or tap water.

The absence of the N, but the presence of the other nutes will better ripen the fruit as it will spur the plants to mature and access the complex sugars and starches stored in the leaves, while the plant compensates for the lack of N by drawing the chlorophyll from leaves.

Water only is better suited for grow media that can store and slowly release nutes over the period of the flush.

With water culture once you drop the nutes they're gone, which can lend toward plants being deficient for the last week of it's life. This can lend towards both diminishing potency and flavors as the plant tissue is escentially watered down.

G

grow_dat_nasty

Motherload I would love to hear the rest of what you and Dan talked about if you ever get the time to retype

C

crossouttheiis

Motherload I would love to hear the rest of what you and Dan talked about if you ever get the time to retype

me too... and I am getting ready for that next drop of the wifi's not missing that shit again. Bin prices mean buy it now or something?

I need to figure out my nutrient schedule for next round. That is a good point if something happens with zone or hf you are screwed. I asked a question on the other thread regarding nutes motherlode if ya wanna check it out.... it was either best nutes to run or post your problems.. i forget.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
I am getting ready for that next drop of the wifi's not missing that shit again. Bin prices mean buy it now or something?

Yup... But it should be BIRTFN. (Buy It Right The Fuck Now!!)

:bongsmi:

R

Rednick

he swears by pure blend pro because it gives you the best of both worlds but is clean and chelated
Good news for me, just switched back to that from GH. Lost yeild, though :(
But the taste is back where I want it. (started off my hobby with organic soil)

Should make the UC switch a little easier running the same nute line. I know I said late Jan or early Feb, but money got tight quick. Had to go back to basics. Prolly won't be until summer that I get to join the UC Crew.

Keep rocking it, thanks for the info.
I'm plowing through some reading on Geo-Thermal, I'll sum it and link it when done.

It makes sense what he said about low ppm flush. When I would flush my ebb and flow (clay pebbles) with straight water shit would be ready in 2-3 days tops, r/w at least a week. Shit that went a week or longer (clay pebbles) got gold, purple, black leaves...Looked sick.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
From what I understand the recommendation is to run PK booster (0 to very low Nitrogen) for last 7-10 days at 300-450 ppm and then a 2 day flush with RO or tap water.

The absence of the N, but the presence of the other nutes will better ripen the fruit as it will spur the plants to mature and access the complex sugars and starches stored in the leaves, while the plant compensates for the lack of N by drawing the chlorophyll from leaves.

Water only is better suited for grow media that can store and slowly release nutes over the period of the flush.

With water culture once you drop the nutes they're gone, which can lend toward plants being deficient for the last week of it's life. This can lend towards both diminishing potency and flavors as the plant tissue is escentially watered down.
Great info bud... I've added this to my shady notes. On another note, I need my motherlode wifi fix of eye candy... :thinking

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
day 49 update

first let me say sorry for not updating this sooner - life kind of caught up with me and I been slammed

I promise this thread will be finished - at least one more flower update and then the chop shots/finished dry shots and totals

so on with the show

just swapped out my res to some fresh nutes + moab

this is what I mixed in (60 gal)

60 ml cal mag
300 ml aquashield
240 ml gh micro
480 gh bloom
80 ml hammerhead
5 teaspoons of moab

its only 600 ppm and Im hoping its not too hot with the moab since the dont seem to like anything over 750 ppm

been having clawing and canoing of my leaves at the same time - just cant get it dialed - turned off the middle 600 - tops of the buds are at about 82 degrees max with fan blowing over them - humidity is between 45-55% - temps are 70-74 but I still have what looks like a VPD issue on the big leaves of the buds closest to the lights

this grow has taken more tweaking then any other prior in this room and I still dont feel like I have it dialed

I dont think Ill be breaking my record for yield but I have to say I fucking cant wait to smoke this bud

it is some sticky stinky danky goodness - the stick and the stank been piling on for the last three weeks and it is torture to have to smell that everyday and not be able to smoke any

2 15 1
2 15 2
2 15 3
2 15 4
2 15 5
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Dude... Your shit looks pretty damn good to me... Shoot, I'd love to run a White Fire in my UC someday... Hell, I'd love to run a White Fire in any medium! :cool

420Gator

420Gator

damn ML u had me worried. like shady said doesnt look too bad to me, especially considering its ur first run in a uc.

id have probly killed everything before week 2

waayne

waayne

Man you got those girls looking extremely frosty..
I can only imagine what your next run will look like!
You got some real skills brotha!;)

winta

winta

lookin dam good brutha! sorry life is throwin u curveballs i wish u well!

Top Bottom