MOTIV303's Perpetual Madness Grow Logs-FRUITY PEBBLE OG & ALIEN GRAPEVINE

• Thread starter motiv303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
I think Goodsen is asking when did you top them... as in removing the apical meristem to promote lateral branching. I was wondering the same. Those are some sturdy little critters w some mother bearing hips to-boot. Whats the current sex ratio?

Oh shit, haha, i somehow read the question as "pop" rather than "top", my bad. Ok, so, i dont remember what day i was at, but i topped most of them above their 4th node. 1 or 2 at the 5th and 2 later on were retopped down to the 3rd (because of light blockage from the new tops). I generally top at the 2nd to 4th node depending on how the plant is growing. I want to achieve a large number of tops while keepi ng the plant short because of my space issue. So, for me, its not a matter of "when", but "where" i top my plants. The lower first topping occurs (height wise) , the larger the # of tops can be achieved. For me its done on a plant by plant basis though, some are done at 2nd node, some at 3rd, 4th, 5th. Depends on the stretch between those first few nodes. I hope that answers the question sorry for rambling . any more questions feel free to post another comment or pm me. sorry for the misunderstanding earlier. Peace GP and Goodsen. Motiv

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Oh shit, haha, i somehow read the question as "pop" rather than "top", my bad. Ok, so, i dont remember what day i was at, but i topped most of them above their 4th node. 1 or 2 at the 5th and 2 later on were retopped down to the 3rd (because of light blockage from the new tops). I generally top at the 2nd to 4th node depending on how the plant is growing. I want to achoeve a large number of tops while keepi ng the plant short because of my space issue. So, for me, its not a matter of "when", but "where" i top my plants. The lower first topping occurs, the larger the # of tops can be achieved. For me its done on a plant by plant basis though, some are done at 2nd node, some at 5th. Depends on the stretch between those first few nodes. I hope that answers the question sorry for rambling . any more questions feel free to post another comment or pm me. sorry for the misunderstanding earlier. Peace GP and Goodsen. Motiv
Depending on the stretch as if it's starting to get farther apart?

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Depending on the stretch as if it's starting to get farther apart?
Yes. If the internode distance is tight on the first several sets on the main stem its easier to get a lot of dominant tops rather than topping side branches more heavily to get them. However, at the same time growth can get too thick at the bottom doing this as well and light doesnt get through. I do things based on my environment and grow style. My way most likely will not work for everyone. This way works for me in my environment, it may not for others. Hope that helps, Motiv is too drunk to explain further, lol, peace all! Motiv

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Hey Mal, i think i might owe you dinner or something for all that "liking" you just did. Word up brother, glad to have ya watching the thread. I hope life is treating you beatifully bro! Peace man! Motiv

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Amazing job on the grow, mending and logging/photographing of your awesome genetics. Your engaging witty humor runs thru this post and is very captivating, along with the little stocky monsters you are growing. The leaves are so large, will you remove any of them before flowering? Hope all is well with you and yours and your beer is cold

mal

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Amazing job on the grow, mending and logging/photographing of your awesome genetics. Your engaging witty humor runs thru this post and is very captivating, along with the little stocky monsters you are growing. The leaves are so large, will you remove any of them before flowering? Hope all is well with you and yours and your beer is cold

mal
Wow, i think that is the best (not quite sure that covers it) comment/ compliment i've received here, Thank You Mal! So, yes, these plants will be entering flower in a staggered series, and yeah dude, some these leaves are huge for the plants small size so there will need to be some pruning done. Actually, it already has because I just took clones of every 1 of them and then transplanted them all into larger pots and had to do some maintenance pruning during that process. it will be quite some time before all of these plants get to put into flower so there will be a lot of trimming and pruning yet to come. I will post pictures here again soon . thank you Mal for the awesome comment. peace to you MOTIV

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Yes. If the internode distance is tight on the first several sets on the main stem its easier to get a lot of dominant tops rather than topping side branches more heavily to get them. However, at the same time growth can get too thick at the bottom doing this as well and light doesnt get through. I do things based on my environment and grow style. My way most likely will not work for everyone. This way works for me in my environment, it may not for others. Hope that helps, Motiv is too drunk to explain further, lol, peace all! Motiv
Can relate Doc my pain has been relieved T onite very WELL also !!! ( I need to go back to grammar school sometimes )

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
He's speaking motiv. Ive had the pleasure over the last 2 years to get to know this guy and his language .. trust me this is good as it gets haha. Addendum .. hahaha ...we love you big dog motiv, dont ever change bro.

I'll second that cheddar i think we got the cream of the crop from the ol school you tubers on here. I think the only ones were missing is cannaman and koma.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
I did post 2 shitty youtube vids yesterday by the way. I do NOT like the way they turned out, but fuck it, thats the way i roll, i shoot what i shoot first time, no edits, fuck it! Lol. Feel free to check it out, same user name but all capitals (MOTIV303). Peace all, will reply to these recent comments momentarily. Maad love to you all! Motiv

Latest posts

Top Bottom