MOTIV303's Perpetual Madness Grow Logs-FRUITY PEBBLE OG & ALIEN GRAPEVINE

• Thread starter motiv303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

Alien blessed me with with full, 15 seed packs and all of the beans look great. They are fat, healthy, undamaged, and look super viable. The Alien Grapevine seeds are much darker than the FPOG and have nice mottling but the FPOG beans are also fat and healthy looking although a little on the light side as far as color, but that doesn't matter if the seeds are quality, and these beans are QUALITY! Period!
View attachment 202296
View attachment 202295
View attachment 202297
View attachment 202298
I gave the beans a short soak, only a few hours then placed the seeds in "Rapid Rooters" with what I call the "Hinge Side" up, which means that the side that the tap root will come out of is pointing down and the side of the seed that acts like a hinge when the seed cracks is facing up. I then take a small piece of the rooter plug and cover the hole that the seeds go in to and place the rooters in small (6) cell trays.
View attachment 202301View attachment 202302View attachment 202303
I then water the rooters with 6.0 PH bubbled tap water (de-chlorinated by bubbling over night), place them in a short domed tray and place the tray in my nursery area under a 4' (4) bulb T5 and sitting on a thermostat controlled heat mat.
View attachment 202304View attachment 202305
all of the beans cracked, (1) Alien Grapevine and (2) FPOG were killed by "Operator Error" (overwatering and an accidental decapitation), but were replaced and at (2) weeks from the initial start date the seedlings got transplanted in to a 50/50 mix of Fox Farm Light Warrior and Roots Organic 707 mix in 4" pots.
not a bug on the yellow sticky trap...... keeping it clean bro.... nice -

soserthc1

soserthc1

AGV Continued
View attachment 202387View attachment 202389

Ok, so there are the seedlings above ground. Here is below:
FPOG:
View attachment 202390View attachment 202391
AGV:
View attachment 202392View attachment 202394View attachment 202395
The root growth is going VERY well. They are nice and healthy, fat, white, and NO FUCKING ROOT APHIDS! WOOT! ( I used many treatments, but I hope Caps packs keep the fucks away. Thank you Cap!
So, as you see, the plants are still staying close to the light (about 4-5") and are growing well. Due to the conditions of my particular space, I often have environmental issues to deal with. These plants are hanging right on in there with all MOTIVLAND can throw at them so far. I am stoked! Thank you all for dropping in and i WILL keep you updated. Alien, Thank you brother! I appreciate your help GREATLY! Peace to you all and we'll rap soon. Laters all! MOTIV!

WHAT UP D!!!!!
motiv..... quick question no matter what i do - i get root alphids ,not alot but always find a few - just in the dirt and yea i change it numerous times. I currently keep my veg in garage and flower upstairs so i'm thinkin garage to close to outside. What did you use and i am assuming that cal sells this product.....peace - looking sweet as always bro.... peace

Reactions: mal
soserthc1

soserthc1

hell yeah, as soon as you posted that vid on them i was very interested to see how they turn out. im also now doing more and smaller plants rather then some bushes. im finding it a much faster turn around time for flower and more suitable for confined grow space.. keep it lit my man.

quesodilla
agreed bro.... plus more room for error - especially during summer heat is killer sometimes and rather lose one of 10 then 3
monster plants like last summer - 3 monster burmess - kid shuts door while im away for weekend and 105 degrees 3 days = HAY WTF

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
motiv..... quick question no matter what i do - i get root alphids ,not alot but always find a few - just in the dirt and yea i change it numerous times. I currently keep my veg in garage and flower upstairs so i'm thinkin garage to close to outside. What did you use and i am assuming that cal sells this product.....peace - looking sweet as always bro.... peace
What up bro! Sorry to hear that you are having issues with root aphids. However, your description of just a few kind of makes me wonder if thats what you have. Root Aphids are fucking gnarly fast reproducers bro, they explode very quickly. Anyway though, unfortunately my root aphid issue got sooo bad i had to use some things i really didnt want to in order to kill them off. I used Bayer tree and shrub (shorter life formulation) and spectracide Triazicide to kill them. I used them at very low doses, 1 ml of each per gallon, in veg only, and only had to apply 3 times and they were gone. Now i use the tea made from all 3 of caps bennie packs and i havent seen any come back. Sticky traps are a must as well as letting your medium dry thouroughly between waterings. Thats what i did and it worked for me. Any other ?'s bro, hit me up, i tried EVERYTHING else before the chem shit. Which are available at home depot by the way. Give Caps tea a try though, awesome shit. Good luck brother! Peace! Motiv

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Glad it worked out 4 u..

My plants r doing super great the LAD's r moveing along & the FPOG's r straight blowing up everyday.. I juss keep LST them so there still very short but the whole 5gal pot is full so there is no more room 2 keep bending them down.. I'm gunna let them grow straight up now.
Word MG! Good to hear they are doing well. I need to do more lst myself, you make it look easy. Great work homie! Thanks as always for droppin in brother! Peace Goo! Motiv

those scars make em look scary tough! like you wouldnt want run into them in a dark alley!

but seriously those plants have to be UBER healthy to snap back like that, props.

Haha, yeah bro, theyre some baaaaad girls and at least one straight pimp, dangerous. Lol, thanks for peepin the log Buddy, maad appreciated! Hope all is well bro! Peace man! Motiv

Nice save Dr. Motive !!! Now they have a tattoo! Tough plants super nice grow log Thanks
Thank you Medusa! Always good to hear from ya. I hope you and your garden are happy and healthy. Peace to ya sister! Motiv

dont know why, but i have a fellin AGV#4 gonna be some super duper frosty madness
What up Bubs! You could be right bro, #4 is a fem and lookin beastly. Probably will be the first AGV to be flipped, we shall see. Thanks for droppin bro, good to hear from ya. Peace out brother Bubs! Motiv

You knew it was just a matter of time before I came & said it.. YOU KILLIN IT HOMIE!!
That's how you get them to bounce back! Beautiful work!

Word up S OG! Dig the new avatar bro! I still have a ways to go before all of these are through the Motivland veg area and safely pumpin out crystalfied nuggets, so we'll see how i do the rest of the way. 1st two will be flipped in about 2 weeks or so after cuts are taken and rooted and the tops grow out again. Cant fukn wait. Keep blowin it up over there man, you are doin sick work. Peace to ya brother! Motiv

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

What up bro! Sorry to hear that you are having issues with root aphids. However, your description of just a few kind of makes me wonder if thats what you have. Root Aphids are fucking gnarly fast reproducers bro, they explode very quickly. Anyway though, unfortunately my root aphid issue got sooo bad i had to use some things i really didnt want to in order to kill them off. I used Bayer tree and shrub (shorter life formulation) and spectracide Triazicide to kill them. I used them at very low doses, 1 ml of each per gallon, in veg only, and only had to apply 3 times and they were gone. Now i use the tea made from all 3 of caps bennie packs and i havent seen any come back. Sticky traps are a must as well as letting your medium dry thouroughly between waterings. Thats what i did and it worked for me. Any other ?'s bro, hit me up, i tried EVERYTHING else before the chem shit. Which are available at home depot by the way. Give Caps tea a try though, awesome shit. Good luck brother! Peace! Motiv

I second that for sure!! if you arent seeing a lot, they prob arent RAs. I cleared mine up, and the like an idiot, several weeks later I topped of my mix (from a contaminated bail) and they were back fuul force in a week. And Im not talking just a few..they were everywhere! Cap gifted me a sample of the foliar..havent seen any since. Now I pretreat w foliar a day or 2 before trans, and no more RAs. 1) The bennies are combating them 2) there arent any roots for the fuckers to grub on. Idk if its the bennies or the no food source (prob both), but theyre gone. No fungus gnats either.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Dr. motive so good at fixing broken limbs . Is it possible to take one limb and graft to another ? what would it make ? I mean would it be the same plant only growing on another Mother or create some genetics of the Mother?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Dr. motive so good at fixing broken limbs . Is it possible to take one limb and graft to another ? what would it make ? I mean would it be the same plant only growing on another Mother or create some genetics of the Mother?

Good question, Medusa. Can two strains be cloned together? BTW, how do you get a custom title under your avatar?

outwest

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
What up Medusa! Thank you for another great question. So, yes, grafting is possible and has been done. Basically what you end up with, as i understand it, is a plant stalk growing multiple strains. The genetics do not mix. The grafted clone just uses the main plants vascular system for water, nutrients, etc...but that clone stays the same strain. Many fruit tree growers do this. I have never tried personally, but would like to some day, just to see it in person and to be able to say that i did it. Great question Medusa! Peace chica! Motiv

Good question, Medusa. Can two strains be cloned together? BTW, how do you get a custom title under your avatar?

outwest
Definitely was a great question. You need a premium membership to get the custom title option. Once you have that it can be edited in your details. Peace Outwest, thank you for droppin in bro! Laters! Motiv

lol... awesome. Gotta say, a day or two after rolling through your log I snapped a branch on one of my ladies... I immediately ran for the tape (thanks to you) and was able to make the save. She & I both thank you! :D

Lady Goodsen

Whats up Goodsen! Thats killer! Sooooo glad to hear that my way of fixing breaks worked for you. That method has saved MANY nice branches for me in the past. I hope your girl responds well and grows you some fat ass nuggets on that branch. Thank you for droppin in G.C.! Peace and blessings to you sista! Motiv

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Good save homie!
Ah my boy D, a man of few words, lol. Thank you brother! Always good to hear from you. Now if i can just stop trying to kill the FPOG with accidents all will be well, lol. Peace out my brother, i hope all is well in your fire factory. Rap soon my friend, later. Motiv

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

My grandfather used to graft fruit trees together. He took a limb feom a trangerine tree and grafted it to an orange tree. They would call it the tangelo tree. In europe the coffee shops do grafting to minimize plant counts but still have multiple strains. Ive seen a plant with 14 strains on it. It's pretty cool how they do it. Its a lot Like cloning.
What up Medusa! Thank you for another great question. So, yes, grafting is possible and has been done. Basically what you end up with, as i understand it, is a plant stalk growing multiple strains. The genetics do not mix. The grafted clone just uses the main plants vascular system for water, nutrients, etc...but that clone stays the same strain. Many fruit tree growers do this. I have never tried personally, but would like to some day, just to see it in person and to be able to say that i did it. Great question Medusa! Peace chica! Motiv

Definitely was a great question. You need a premium membership to get the custom title option. Once you have that it can be edited in your details. Peace Outwest, thank you for droppin in bro! Laters! Motiv

Whats up Goodsen! Thats killer! Sooooo glad to hear that my way of fixing breaks worked for you. That method has saved MANY nice branches for me in the past. I hope you girl responds well and grows you some fat ass nuggets on that branch. Thank you for droppin in G.C.! Peace and blessings to you sista! Motiv

soserthc1

soserthc1

just ordered the cap products today bro... yea its strange just a few appear in the dirt now and then - neem them and they are gone for a few days , no explosions , no problems just a few bugs roaming around the dirt - ill try to get a picture of them little buggers.... cap to the rescue thou ...peace soser

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Hey motiv. Hope all is well with the garden. I went through the entire thread hoping to not ask something you already posted or documented... but when did you top the FPOGs?.
Thanks!
Lady Goodsen
No sweat chica. I popped them on 2-27-12. If you look at my pics that show labeling on the pots , the first date you see you next to the name of the strain will always either be the date seeds were popped or the date clones were taken. some peoples first date on that their labeling will be the date of the first transplant or start of veg or start of flower, mine will always be the actual very first event in the life of each plant. I hope that answers your question. Thank you as always for droppin in. Peace sister! Motiv

green punk

green punk

I think Goodsen is asking when did you top them... as in removing the apical meristem to promote lateral branching. I was wondering the same. Those are some sturdy little critters w some mother bearing hips to-boot. Whats the current sex ratio?

Top Bottom