MPB's my goal using coco for now.

• Thread starter Donkdbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Donkdbz

I have been reading through most of the MPB threads for past few months but don't have the funds to setup the buckets.

So my setup is gonna be

x=plant
o=600 watter
O=1000 watter

xOx
oxo
xOx
oxo
xOx

so 4 600's and 3 1000's

8 girls in 10 gallon smart pots in Coco

here is most current veg pic from icmag.

anyways they are almost 2 feet tall and 18 inches round. 3 are green crack 1 jack the ripper and 4 skywalker og.

how much bigger should I let em get if my goal is 8-10lbs?

A

antimatter

Depends on how much stretch there is, but i'll tell you right now if they aint 3 feet wide and 5 feet tall yet I wouldn't flip em.

L

Lost

It really depends on the strain. I had a ROG that I flipped at 3 feet and now its almost 8 feet and growing along the cieling. Each strain is different, that why its important to stick with one strain and get to know it. With so many different strains in your tubs (indicas & sats) your going to have a rough time. Also 10 gallon coco's seem excessive. I could not view your pics tho..

A

antimatter

Best to flip em as big as you can because I can tell you right now flipping at 3 feet has the potential of disappointing you big time in coco/soil, let em get real big and if they get to big you can chop some down and then work backwards on vegtime.

N

nog

5400 watts, i reckon you will struggle to get 10 pounds, off this. on soil i reckon 0.5gm/watt, on coco / hydro maybe upto double that, so @ 1g / watt = 5.4kg max? 10lb not impossible, but a point will come when size of plants becomes less relevant as the lamps will obviously only be effective to a certain range, the taller the plants get the further way from the bulb will be the lower buds.
good luck anyway.

A

antimatter

5400 watts, i reckon you will struggle to get 10 pounds, off this. on soil i reckon 0.5gm/watt, on coco / hydro maybe upto double that, so @ 1g / watt = 5.4kg max? 10lb not impossible, but a point will come when size of plants becomes less relevant as the lamps will obviously only be effective to a certain range, the taller the plants get the further way from the bulb will be the lower buds.
good luck anyway.

Since when is coco/hydro twice the yields of soil lol there are alot of factors, veg time being a big one.:winking0067:

A

antimatter

Your right. Its more like 4-6 times soil..

No its not you funny guy but some growers are 4-6 times in hydro compared to another guy doing soil, saying hydro is 2x or 4x soil is like saying 99% of growers doing hydro get a gram per watt. Then there is the whole debate of honesty on the internet where people claim 1g/watt or 1.5g/watt but are actually more like .5g-.7g/watt, seen it so many times it makes you ;(

:banana1sv6:

L

Lost

I was not being funny, and I was not joking.. I've grown high yielding OG's next to my mpb's growing low yieling 98 bubba's. Most were 2-3 times but I could have been better with my mpb grow (too much heat being so close to the bulbs, and a scare with fungas gnats that the cocopots never ran into). Best vs best was 6oz against 1.75 lbs I have some going now that will blow that out of the water because they are higher yielding. My 3 foot ROG is from the MPB to the cieling and growing along it sideways. Its also about 8 feet around. Plant for plant 4-6 times weight is about right. Have you grown with MPB's?

:)

A

antimatter

I was not being funny, and I was not joking.. I've grown high yielding OG's next to my mpb's growing low yieling 98 bubba's. Most were 2-3 times but I could have been better with my mpb grow (too much heat being so close to the bulbs, and a scare with fungas gnats that the cocopots never ran into). Best vs best was 6oz against 1.75 lbs I have some going now that will blow that out of the water because they are higher yielding. My 3 foot ROG is from the MPB to the cieling and growing along it sideways. Its also about 8 feet around. Plant for plant 4-6 times weight is about right. Have you grown with MPB's?

:)

6oz vs 1.75 because you didn't veg the soil plant for 3-4 months, soil veg/stretch vs mpb veg/stretch is totally different and can't be argued. What im saying is if you are a proficient soil grower with enough plants fitting under your light to fill up your footprint you can yield a very comparable amount, will the vegtime be longer? hell yhea it will but thats why people run high numbers, so they don't have to veg for an eternity.

L

Lost

LOL, you know not of what you speak. BTW the grow is in my sig :)

kush4breakfast

kush4breakfast

hey lost, how big was the bubba that weighed 1.25lbs and at what height did you flip em?

L

Lost

Post 79 will show you my OG's were clearly taller than most of of my bubba's that outyielded them. Look at pics 7 and 8 to see the coco pots in the background, then the three together. The largest plant and the cocopots are within a week or 2 veg time.

L

Lost

hey lost, how big was the bubba that weighed 1.25lbs and at what height did you flip em?

My bad, I put 1.75 pounds, the large one was 1.5, a little over I believe. I filpped at about 3-4 feet BUT, this cut of the 98 bubba does not stretch much. Maybe 1.25 to 1.5 times flip size.

On the other hand my rog going now is easily 2 to 2.5 times bigger than flip. Really strain and cut dependant. It also matters how well its rooted before the flip. It seems a 7-9 day veg once in the MPB makes the stretch huge. For a ROG i would say 2.5 feet max, but make sure its bushy. Its should get 5-6 feet tall or more.

L

Lost

My a/c's crapped out, so im having heat issues till that gets fixed. They have gone down twice for 3-4 days each time. Long story short, thats why the rog is drooping a bit, but here are pics of the leggy ass rog..

ROG Tree1
ROG Tree2
ROG Tree 3
D

Donkdbz

Remember, he is doing MPB's....

I am doing MPB layout but with 10 gallon coco pots. I am gonna try and get buckets setup in the next few months. but at least I will get some tree growing experience so it will help me when I do actually get to run MPB's
I would rather had 7 gallon smart pots but 10 was what was in stock.

I have been getting .7-.8 gpw with my coco runs. Setup has been 600w bulb, floor fan and exhaust fan. real simple.

L

Lost

I use HPS all the way thru. Honestly I like the stretch when they are young and once in the MPB's they get so much light they get bushy automaticlly. I totally misjudged the stretch in this last grow and learned something. You can see how far she stretched and honestly its too muck. Im going to end up with 3000 golfball size buds instead of 80 spears.

L

Lost

Just to note, If I were to use this ROG again (it was from seed), I would probablly throw a MH bulb in veg and do both. I would also veg closer to the bulbs to limit stretch.

Top Bottom