MPB's my goal using coco for now.

• Thread starter Donkdbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YoungDro

what would the dimensions be for a 10 plant mpb with 40" centers for g13? LOL this has been the single most difficult mind altering drug-induced like trip tryin to figure out....i think its 40 inches from bucket to bucket... but when you dont have rows of plants and rows of lights ...u see what im getting at, the plants will be staggered ensuring every plant gets 3-4k watts of light...then the buckets would be 4 ft 8 inches apart but diagonally to the other plants would be 40 inches...

AM I RIGHT >

or am i WRONG

D

Donkdbz

With 40" centers where the light is postioned is 28"s from center of plant. Giving 3' wides plants 10"s from bulb. I cannot see how DD would have got his 40" centers with the
x0x0x
0x0x0
x0x0x style layouts

I think people got confused with 40in center thing. I was scratching my head for a long time, I couldnt see how it was possible, I realized it is 40in from stem to bulb, not stem to stem, in one of his first thread, he said puts a plant, walks 40inch puts a bulb, walks 40in put a plant ect.
I have 6ft from stem to stem andit seems about perfect[/QUOTE]

Look at Widowmakers Cad drawing from page 3. The 9 plant layout is everything 40" on center.

Basic trig is squareroot of A squared + B squared = C well C = 56. Bulb is 1/2 way in between so bam 28"s from plants.

M

mrdizzle

yea I understand, what Im saying is a bulb 28inch from a plant give you 18inch for you plant to grow out on one side from the stem to the bulb, giving you a 3ft wide plant.
If you have a 3ft wide plant you are going to be a little sad come harvest time at the final weight as I dont even flip mine until they are almost 3ft wide

A

antimatter

even a 5x5x5 plant could only be a lb depending on the genetics and bud size, with a different strain could be 2lbs or 3 in some cases...gotta know your genetics, if your growing purple kush don't expect that a 3 foot or 4 foot wide plant is gonna be anywhere close to big enough to produce.

D

Donkdbz

Some day 21 closeups

green crack

greencrack_day_21.jpg
green_crack_day_21.jpg

skywalker og

SkywalkerOG_day_21.jpg
SkyOG_day21.jpg

In a few weeks I need to make a decision and order some clones from either PNC or progressive options.

A few strains I am leaning towards for heavy yielders g-13, ogre, god bud, black domina. Then ones I just wanna try argent orange, gods gift, sourbubble, kens gdp x fire og.

M

mrdizzle

I grew out the agent orange, pretty good yeilder and grows like a cone. smells like orange tic tacs to a T.

A

antimatter

Grow what the market wants, yield only goes so far. Id probably just stick with the greencrack or try out the gdp x fire og. Best advice I can give is throw yield out the window even if it means half lb less a light unless your in a nazi state that doesn't care about name, density, resin production, smell etc.

S

SYDAM23

any more pics? of the finished product? what happened to ur white hairs?

D

Donkdbz

Grow what the market wants, yield only goes so far. Id probably just stick with the greencrack or try out the gdp x fire og. Best advice I can give is throw yield out the window even if it means half lb less a light unless your in a nazi state that doesn't care about name, density, resin production, smell etc.

I am a Cali med patient but honestly name don't matter much. What seems to matter the most lately is Smell followed by visual appeal then taste. So many people who are not drying right.

Kush seems sorta burnt out because most of the time its nothing that great.

Those pics are the most current. I don't get your question about the hairs. This my 1st time running green crack but I do have pics from my last run of skywalker.

On the up note probable gonna have a partner. Long time friend who has grown before, loves it, great work ethic and knows what he would be getting into. Strain discussion will be soon following with him. He likes strong kush and indica's I love C-99

Unlike my last friend who I setup who turned out to be a lazy bumm just looking to make a buck.

My last skywalker run
skywalkerfin.jpg
skywalkercut.jpg

A

antimatter

I am a Cali med patient but honestly name don't matter much. What seems to matter the most lately is Smell followed by visual appeal then taste. So many people who are not drying right.

Kush seems sorta burnt out because most of the time its nothing that great.

I assume the quality control down there is similar to what is it up here in BC except we get paid a hell of alot less and right now prices are rock bottom low, lbs of the best kush you could ever smoke are going for 2300..If its not exotic your looking at well under 2k even if its AAA, then the question is whos gonna buy it. Guys are still sitting on outdoor from last year! and even if they could sell it they would only be looking at 900 a lb or 1100 if it was really good like indoor but nope its not moving anywere..

dam mexicans..

D

Donkdbz

Some Day 31 shots

IMG_2671.jpg
IMG_2675.jpg
IMG_2673.jpg
IMG_2672.jpg
IMG_2674.jpg

Back side of corner
IMG_2684.jpg

Its tripping me out. Checking buds here and there and most of em the Trics are 90% cloudy and the pistals are dying off.

The stupid Jack the Ripper though I think I see seeds forming but I cannot find and Bannana's. Nothing Else seems to have in seeds cause the Buds keep swelling.

Most of the girls stretched to 40"s wide.
I had to climb around and tie buds up.

Lucky for me I can move my girls a lilttle. But this lesson learned will think a lot when setting up Buckets in the near future.

Work Space and 2 Cages

A

amstercal

donk--your ladies look great. I've never used it but maybe you want to get that Reverse stuff just in case. Seeds suck. Can't wait to see how this finishes. I don't have any experience with coco and I've certainly never seen something like this! Got me thinkin...

mr d-- would you grow the agent orange again? assuming you fall out of love with the blackberry, of course. did you find your patients were receptive to the ao?

M

mrdizzle

I liked it, the pheno I had hermied a bit so I didnt really grow a ton of it, actually had a a jillybean pheno that was like the agent orange on steroids

the jillybean pheno, blockhead, that was fucking incredible. stankest rotten orange smell, almost artifical, and the high was intense

D

Donkdbz

I used Reverse as a preventative like the bottle says. I also hit em with snowstorm foliar around a week after the 2nd reverse treatment. The snowstorm handout says foliar application of snowstorm may nuetralize male flowers.

I heard long time ago a lot of subcool's strains hermie easy. So I prepared myself. I love C-99 and wanted to see how JTR compares as a fast finish sativa.

D

Donkdbz

Well my 10 gallon Coco mart pot is coming to a close soon. I have learned a ton about tree growing from reading through all the MPB threads and a few UC threads.

I am at a crossroad between MPB and UC XXL13
Reasons
1-Pro UC-I want to a lazy ass and buy a pre-built system
2-Pro UC-My wife as seen my stinkbud aero/nft sittng in the rafters.
3-Pro MPB- I love C-99, am hadd(natural tweaker minus the tweak), and love DIY
4-Pro MPB- I feel greater potential if dialed in.

5-Pro ME-Be my natural tweaker self and use MPB bins(23x19) vs UC bins(16x13). Use UC flow system and MPB top feed and veg.

Hanna Montana style Best of both Worlds

D

Donkdbz

Well thought out plant support and accesabilty is a must with growing big girls. thought I had a good idea of what to expect but I was wrong.

IMG_2755.jpg
IMG_2753.jpg
IMG_27461.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom