MPB's my goal using coco for now.

• Thread starter Donkdbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kush4breakfast

kush4breakfast

sorry to the OP if im threadjackin.

but im going to be running this kush that has very little stretch in coco. its probably about the same as your bubba. only thing is that i dont have much height to work with, thats why im debating at what im gonna flip these girls

A

antimatter

LOL, you know not of what you speak. BTW the grow is in my sig :)

Your plants can be grown that large in soil sorry buddy don't mean to disappoint, but of course you will have to veg them for a long ass time but you already know that because that is why your using those buckets, the whole point of the buckets is to not have to veg a long time to get large plants.

Lets not even get into what can be achieved outdoors in soil. The only plants ive seen that actually have freakishly large buds for indoor in the mpb forum are double ds but as far as I can tell, noone else has come close other then a couple med patients hes been mentoring in real life with that g13 cut. I don't recommend anyone try and grow 2lb plants in soil indoors, makes more sense to just grow smaller plants with a shorter veg and achieve comparable yields, but obviously this is a med patient dominated forum so plant numbers are more important then anything.

L

Lost

I'm only talking indoor to indoor, same veg time to same veg time. I stand by MPB's will outyield by more than 2-3 times, 4-6 times with it dialed in.

Outdoor, I can grow that same MPB 4-5 times in a year vs 1 for the outdoor. (Plant limit to plant limit) If you wanna get into that discussion. Even If I yield 2 pounds each try, thats 8-10 pounds vs outdoor, Still not a bad comparison considering the going rate for the indoor will be almost double of the outdoor.

Even my first MPB grow I did better than 2x against my coco pots and I firmly believe Coco edges out soil when dialed in. And I was using a low yielding 98 bubba vs high og's.

DD's been able to pull 4.2 off of that g13 after and im sure his # would exceed the 6x's yield veg time to veg time, plant to plant. When I get dialed, i'll let you know what my #'s are..

L

Lost

sorry to the OP if im threadjackin.

but im going to be running this kush that has very little stretch in coco. its probably about the same as your bubba. only thing is that i dont have much height to work with, thats why im debating at what im gonna flip these girls

Then consider that if its 4 feet it will be 6, if its a kush, low stretch. In my first MPB journal I started 4 different sizes so I could understand how much it would grow in and that is why I reccommend one strain so you get to know it and maximise it. You may want to pick a decent yielder as after my 98 bubba, I wanted more yield.

The 98 is bomb and usually my personal smoke but I would like a production strain or two...

A

antimatter

I'm only talking indoor to indoor, same veg time to same veg time. I stand by MPB's will outyield by more than 2-3 times, 4-6 times with it dialed in.

Outdoor, I can grow that same MPB 4-5 times in a year vs 1 for the outdoor. (Plant limit to plant limit) If you wanna get into that discussion. Even If I yield 2 pounds each try, thats 8-10 pounds vs outdoor, Still not a bad comparison considering the going rate for the indoor will be almost double of the outdoor.

Even my first MPB grow I did better than 2x against my coco pots and I firmly believe Coco edges out soil when dialed in. And I was using a low yielding 98 bubba vs high og's.

DD's been able to pull 4.2 off of that g13 after and im sure his # would exceed the 6x's yield veg time to veg time, plant to plant. When I get dialed, i'll let you know what my #'s are..

AHA so we agree exactly veg time to veg time MPBs kill like nothing else, but if soil is given unlimited veg time it can still yield comparable. What we have here is a tongue twister. I grow in Coco and used to be a soil grower and given unlimited veg time and unlimited plant numbers you can get some real good yields if you know what im saying but obviously I personally prefer the low numbers with long veg times and am attracted by the MPB for there fast veg times and explosive stretch that the strains I grow in coco don't experience so I have to veg a very very long time in order to compensate. I really mean well and will build an MPB in the near future but I just wanted to add my 2cents that if I flowered at 3 feet in soil I wouldn't get enough stretch to fill my centers. I suppose the whole confusion for me was when someone says 2x yield or 4x then soil I think ok so if pro soil grower A gets 2lbs a light in sunshine mix #4 or promix that means that same grower if he switches to hydro he will get 4-8lbs a light and well that just doesn't make sense at all to me because most pro hydro growers rarely reach 1 gram a watt usually .8 is the high end.

D

Donkdbz

Even though this thread went offtrack.

Here is some pics of my 10 gallon Coco smartpots with MPB layout. Aircooled No C02. 7 weeks of Veg

IMG_1800.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg
IMG_1798.jpg

They look all scrawny cause I hacked the hell out of em. They recovered in a day.

A

antimatter

Keep on vegging, unless your expecting a 4x stretch. These MPB growers are the only tree growers that flip so small, even Krusty Bucket growers don't flip until there plants are 3-4 feet wide and 5 feet tall, pound plants have stalks that are bigger then broom handles and smaller then your wrists or the same size as your wrists.

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Very nice setup Donk, looking forward to see how your coco girls do! Hopefully you'll have the money to finish the whole MPB setup for your next harvest.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe DD's best single plant weight was 5.75lbs (dried, ready to go). He's working on a 10lb plant setup now.

S

socalsinner

Time to Flip

Even though this thread went offtrack.

Here is some pics of my 10 gallon Coco smartpots with MPB layout. Aircooled No C02. 7 weeks of Veg

IMG_1800.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg
IMG_1798.jpg

They look all scrawny cause I hacked the hell out of em. They recovered in a day.[/QU

Nice setup! I would flip now. Those laddies look like twice as big as my Burmese Kush Hybrid im running now and I flipped her after 4 weeks in Veg. My ladies stems are bigger than a large broom handle. lol Ill post some pics with a ref to a broom I have. lol god I hate that broom ... Peace

S

socalsinner

Then consider that if its 4 feet it will be 6, if its a kush, low stretch. In my first MPB journal I started 4 different sizes so I could understand how much it would grow in and that is why I reccommend one strain so you get to know it and maximise it. You may want to pick a decent yielder as after my 98 bubba, I wanted more yield.

The 98 is bomb and usually my personal smoke but I would like a production strain or two...

Not to go off track but what high yield OG do you have cuts of lol Pm me please!

D

Donkdbz

Some day 15 shots all the girls are 2 1/2 to 3' feet wide

green crack
IMG_2662.jpg
IMG_2663.jpg

skywalker og
IMG_2664.jpg

Jack the ripper
IMG_2658.jpg
IMG_2657.jpg

Had to move em cause they got so wide. They 4'6" centers.
I wish I kept a clone of the Jack The Ripper. It looking to be a great choice for Buckets. Its stretch is making it like a christmas tree. The leaves are small letting light get in real good. Internodes are nice n tight.

After looking through Layouts I really like this 6 bucket with 8k lights
13_x_11_room_40_and_50_inch.jpg

With 40" centers where the light is postioned is 28"s from center of plant. Giving 3' wides plants 10"s from bulb. I cannot see how DD would have got his 40" centers with the
x0x0x
0x0x0
x0x0x style layouts

D

Donkdbz

I am not using MBPs just the layout. Wanted to get a tree style grow under my belt 1st. Next round will be MPBs.

Mrdrizzle and Lost get credit for showing Coco can work.

Apache69

Apache69

I am going to try this run with Coco in 15gallons pots. Running Canna Coco Nutes. 3 plants with 2-1Kw HPS. Wanted to Run MPB but I have to upgrade my main panel from a 100amp to 200amp and is too expensive to do right now.

Thank you for your updates and knowledge, to everyone too.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

nice grow

Looking nice man. I second the fact that you can get large yields from just coco. I pulled a 2.5 lb off 1 plant in 15 gallons of coco/hydroton (drip)with a veg time around 4 weeks. But I cant wait to try the rdwc mpb buckets.

Apache69

Apache69

Looking nice man. I second the fact that you can get large yields from just coco. I pulled a 2.5 lb off 1 plant in 15 gallons of coco/hydroton (drip)with a veg time around 4 weeks. But I cant wait to try the rdwc mpb buckets.

Wow! How did you set up the drip? Thank you in advance for your help.:character0050:

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

The plant sat in a rubbermaid container on an ebb and flo table and it was recirculating drip. I had about 7 drip lines going to one container. One important thing I noticed was when I transplanted to the rubber maid container and hit the plant from three sides of light the growth exploded. So just how doubleds does. Its pretty beneficial to veg under intense light for 10 days and then flip to 12/12. Your shit is looking good man, I'm sure you should pull some good numbers. I was actually thinking of doing the same as you before I start rocking the mpb buckets.

D

Donkdbz

Yeah the growth with so many sides of light is crazy. I am real glad I am doing this run before I run Buckets. Gives me a better understand of pruning, stretch and setting up to optimize space and still give myself room to move around.

W

waywardson

very nice thread...love the idea. i am considering this same thing myself so i am looking forward to your results.

M

mrdizzle

With 40" centers where the light is postioned is 28"s from center of plant. Giving 3' wides plants 10"s from bulb. I cannot see how DD would have got his 40" centers with the
x0x0x
0x0x0
x0x0x style layouts[/QUOTE]

I think people got confused with 40in center thing. I was scratching my head for a long time, I couldnt see how it was possible, I realized it is 40in from stem to bulb, not stem to stem, in one of his first thread, he said puts a plant, walks 40inch puts a bulb, walks 40in put a plant ect.
I have 6ft from stem to stem andit seems about perfect

Top Bottom