• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

thanks cemchris but hats off to DD, Im just a copy cat

M

mrdizzle

here some more shots of the set up, the last pic is of the overflow drain incase the pumps die, there is about 130gal in the system with a 70gal res, so it will overflow down the drain into my garage

M

mrdizzle

notice the water fall in the second pic, i think thats magic, i put an elbow right on the end where the water spills back into the res, to really make it sloshy

mack 10

mack 10

wow mr dizz, nice show.I too would love a dd's system;) straight fire, hydro stlye!

B

bdawgburner

I wish I had the power capabilities to run this system. Looks excellent dizzle!

R

Rolln J

crazy ass huge casey! this is gonna be a a hell of a show!

B

Boots Sugarleaf

This is gonna be a hell of a show!

.....I am just trying to go thru our genetics to decide which ones to do this way....hard decision but we are doing it soon

M

mrdizzle

i would use something that grows slow, I had no clue they would get this large this fast. I hardly know what to do, they still have 7wks, i am drilling new drain holes tomorrow to spread them a little farther apart

the plants are growing 6 inches a day

B

Boots Sugarleaf

LOL Mr. Dizz, At least as far as problems go you are on the good end of the problems you could have.....great healthy growth is awesome, that's what I wanna hear!

If you don't mind sharing, how much floor to ceiling space did you start with, not counting how tall the buckets are?
Any idea what strain you would have gone with had you have known? I am thinking of doing our lemon larry from clone with this method---yours were clones, right?

D

doubleds

LOL Mr. Dizz, At least as far as problems go you are on the good end of the problems you could have.....great healthy growth is awesome, that's what I wanna hear!

If you don't mind sharing, how much floor to ceiling space did you start with, not counting how tall the buckets are?
Any idea what strain you would have gone with had you have known? I am thinking of doing our lemon larry from clone with this method---yours were clones, right?

lemon larry is a sativa and i would not reccomend it unless you have 14 ft ceilings. Try and stay pure indica or at least a 50/50 sat/indica hybrid.

dds

B

Boots Sugarleaf

lemon larry is a sativa and i would not reccomend it unless you have 14 ft ceilings. Try and stay pure indica or at least a 50/50 sat/indica hybrid.

dds

can U take a look at the plant I have called lemon larry, the one we have grows like a heavy indica, the water leaves almost look afghanica to me....

how do you think querkle, afgoo or lillie coy would fair? We have 22 moms and access to lots of genetics so I am open to suggestion

oh, and I have approx 9 foot ceilings in the space I am thinking of using, I also have another space but only 7 foot ceilings there

D

doubleds

can U take a look at the plant I have called lemon larry, the one we have grows like a heavy indica, the water leaves almost look afghanica to me....

how do you think querkle, afgoo or lillie coy would fair? We have 22 moms and access to lots of genetics so I am open to suggestion

oh, and I have approx 9 foot ceilings in the space I am thinking of using, I also have another space but only 7 foot ceilings there

my suggestion would be to grow bubba kush for your first grow. It will show you how the system works, its ins and outs and ups and downs. It's a very easy strain to grow also.

dds

E

easypleasie

You're rockin, dizzle! So glad you started this thread, bro! My vert room is about the same size and i'm switching from coco to rdwc next month!

I think this is my new favorite thread :) It's a party in here with all the new and old players!

B

Boots Sugarleaf

my suggestion would be to grow bubba kush for your first grow. It will show you how the system works, its ins and outs and ups and downs. It's a very easy strain to grow also.

dds

we have bubba, I did bubba in a dwc / pond type system I built a couple years ago and it did do well. Thanks for the suggestion

B

brookstown

When you do a res change, do you try to clear the sediment from the bottom of the tub or just flush hard with clean water and start with fresh water. I have a bitch of a time in about the 5 or 6 weeks cleaning buckets.

D

doubleds

When you do a res change, do you try to clear the sediment from the bottom of the tub or just flush hard with clean water and start with fresh water. I have a bitch of a time in about the 5 or 6 weeks cleaning buckets.

I dont clean buckets until harvest time. What is it you need to clean up bro?

When its time to change res (1ce a week for 1st 4 weeks) I completely drain the system and refill it with fresh ph'd water. I let that run in the system for 2 hours.
Drain the system and do the same again for 4 hours. Refill the sytem with fresh water again. Then i add the nutes.

dds

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
this may be a crazy question. i never grew this style or seen anyone do it. im a soil guy all the way. when you say you refill with ph'd water do you have a seperate res that water was sitting in? do you use tap water? do you fill the system then ph it?

M

mrdizzle

boots- I have about 8ft ceilings, i would say i use up 2.5ft with buckets, i will be changing the height of the bottom buckets next grow, actually the height isnt as bad as the width. I would have tried my bubba or masterkush, lemon larry has a big stretch to it i believe. its pretty fucked up thou, i walk into my coco room and i hang my head. kinda smirk at how much time ive wasted vegging plant over the years.

Brookstown- there is nothing to clean as DD said, the nutes move so fast thru the system there is ZERO film from the nutes, its crazy, the res is crystal clean.

Kid twist- I have just been filling the 70gallon res, ph it and nute it, then i pump that back into the buckets, after the first 70 goes out i full it up again and then adjust the ph, the nutes i have a pretty good idea of how many ml/per gal will give me what strength. but after reading what DD posted Im going to try the run fresh water then refill with nutes. I have mine set are around 800-900 just to make sure i dont burn them

Latest posts

Top Bottom