Mr dizzle's doubled's MPB style jockin log

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Boots Sugarleaf

boots- I have about 8ft ceilings, i would say i use up 2.5ft with buckets, i will be changing the height of the bottom buckets next grow, actually the height isnt as bad as the width. I would have tried my bubba or masterkush, lemon larry has a big stretch to it i believe. its pretty fucked up thou, i walk into my coco room and i hang my head. kinda smirk at how much time ive wasted vegging plant over the years.

Man, I am already pissed at myself for all the years it looks like I've not been maximizing potential, but life is a live and learn process, I have a strong feeling the lemon larry I have was brought to me mislabeled, cause she barely has a stretch and grows huge indica style flowers....I am wondering how my F1 sweet tooth clones would do? or our querkle

I am also thinking in my attempt with this I am gonna use my cool tubes where there will be a light in between the plants and I am thinking about using my big air cooled sun system hoods against the walls to not waste light against walls, they throw light great horizontally so I am thinking a couple feet above the floor mounted topside flat directly to the wall should work well...any thoughts on this idea will be appreciated

M

mrdizzle

power is $$$ for us in cali, but dont worry about the light hitting the wall. i dont think the hood idea will workout any better than without it. if anything try a cooltube and leave the reflector in it. you need to move lights alot and moving a big ol' hood would get old. if you can get away with the heat, bare bulbs all the way, but i use cooltubes in my other room and they are great, they heat my house as well

Im have a feeling any plant you throw in this system is going to blow your mind. I liked DD idea of the bubba, we all know how slow that fucker grows, so it should show you how much faster plants grow in this system, then i think its all about knowing when to flip,my plants 3x in size in 2 weeks

B

Boots Sugarleaf

I heat my house also, I have 4200 watts helping keep things warm...maximize efficiency!

I may just do a test run with 2 buckets/2 plants. I am also thinking of designing an automated light raise/lower system so that the lights are always moving up and down when they are on, but this will only work with bare bulbs, but I think it will increase overall productivity

how much light you think for just 2 monsters?

B

brookstown

Thats about what I thought. I was doing that before, but tried a new nut line and there was always some gunk in the bottom. But I don't have nearly he flow that you have. I've since switched back to the HG and don't try to clean each tub. Just wanted to confirm it.

Also DD while your here I was wondering why you only have the bottom inch or 2 of the top bucket in the water? just more oxygen intake?

M

mrdizzle

its so there isnt space between the water and the roots, i guess the roots will tangle making ropes, which choke off the plant.

but i think you mean why doesnt he use a big net pot and fill the tubs to the top like the currentcultures which run totally full

B

brookstown

Right, just wanted to know if he's tried it and found it to be restrictive or what. Some people completely submerge the root mass in the water and some have dual buckets and only have a few inches or so in the water. I think the key in both system is the water flow and high o2.

and dizzle, nice setup brother.

D

doubleds

Thats about what I thought. I was doing that before, but tried a new nut line and there was always some gunk in the bottom. But I don't have nearly he flow that you have. I've since switched back to the HG and don't try to clean each tub. Just wanted to confirm it.

Also DD while your here I was wondering why you only have the bottom inch or 2 of the top bucket in the water? just more oxygen intake?

its so there isnt space between the water and the roots, i guess the roots will tangle making ropes, which choke off the plant.

but i think you mean why doesnt he use a big net pot and fill the tubs to the top like the currentcultures which run totally full

plants make 2 types of roots, cord roots, feeder roots/root hairs.

cord roots are a waste of time for us because we use cages to hold our plants up. cord roots are those big narly roots you see just under the soil when your watering your plants. All we want is feeder roots thats why there is no air inbetween the bottom of the bucket and the nute level. Now the plant will only manufacture feeder's , another big reason for the huge yield.

dds

E

easypleasie

Bring on the pics, bro! Can't get enough of them!

I have to use the coco liners with my first run since I started in coco pots. Don't want anything slipping through :)

Keep it up, bro. This is looking killer! This is definitely the thread to watch with the Casey in there.

P

proteus

ok i'm learning....

this remind me of BIGTOKE's BIO BUCKETS threads of a few years back.
most people called bullshit on it, becuase he got a lot of people growing without chillers, leading to rootrot --> croploss. Also, bigtoke didn't fully take advantage of verticle lighting, he used hoods, and rows of 5gal buckets in a system, producting several 6-8oz plants instead of multi pounders like this. This is more like a KFB system that works better, bigger flow lines is much better (duh).

I'm interested to see how this finishes up, a few questions...

How much interior pruning do you have to do with these plants? Seems like you would want to get on the insides and 'gut' them, similar to what us table growers do to the bottoms, and what most outdoor bush growers do. the thicker the plant, the more interior cleaning we do.

next, how many total watts are in this particular room? I missed the layout, if there was one.

do you rotate the netbaskets/cages at all during the crop so give even light to the plants that don't have all sides covered by lights?

I see the need for bubba kush in this garden, lol
casey jones, chemdog, og kush, etc.. man you would want to flower those at 8".

thanks for sharing, very interested in this style.
would love to see some finished nugs from these systems, my verticle nugs have been crap compared to my flat gardens :/

M

mrdizzle

no rotating, no pruning. 4000w. havent finished a run in this system but been doing vertical for 8months, buds have been fuller than overhead lighting has ever giving me

bigdrty

bigdrty

Hey dizzle would u say on the room size 11x11x7 would you run 4 plants or 5 plants in that amount of space, with 7 1000w lights.. Currently building a setup also and just wanted your thoughts, since we have the same amount of space..

Thanks

M

mrdizzle

i dont think you could fit the lights in that space with the plants. i believe cooling would be tough as well, im running 5 plants with 4 lights. i expect close to 2per light

bigdrty

bigdrty

Yea I will be running Co2, sealed room and a split A/c, maybe I could just run 4-600w for the corners and 3-1000w in the center.. On 5 plants.

M

mrdizzle

yea i mean if you can fit the light then its would be great, but after my 5 plants grew out theres hardly room for the 4000ws let alone 7. you could prolly do 3 plants with 7000w but i think it would be harder to hit that 2per light mark

bigdrty

bigdrty

I hear u... I just would like to have as much light as I can in the room and try and get the most yeild I can.. Back to the drawing board

B

bakershredhead

Hey Doubleds or Dizzle Ive got my two drain lines about halfway down my mini res, which gives me about five inches of space between my bucket and the roots. I did this because of the krsty style grow I was doing and his technique was just to have a small amount of water that the roots were in. I'm wondering if I should get new buckets and raise the drain lines up so they are just at the bottom of the net pot. I also don't top feed since I veg them in an ebb and flow table before I put them into my flower vertical light room. Is the top feed just to flush the rockwool cubes? It seems if you veg them in a different room first the roots would already be long enough to hit the water. I just had problems using higromite and top feeding 24/7 until I realized that the higromite holds tons of water so I just switched to just bottoming feeding. Thanks again sorry for the long winded questions been trying to dial in this or my modified krusty grow for awhile.

bigdrty

bigdrty

I think 3 is the way to go thanks, and ur gonna pull 2p's per tree of this grow? that would be sick!..
how tight are the buds? i wanna see some close ups if you can that would be great...

Thanks

M

mrdizzle

baker- i did it just like DD, the top bucket sits in the water about 2 inches, the top feed i dont run 24/7, DD does, it think you could watch your plants and figure out if they can handle it 24/7 or if they stay too wet then time it out. once they get huge its not a problem they drink alot of water

dirt- 2per light, so like 1.3 per plant. the center plant is gonna be 2 for sure, so that means the rest can be smaller. no real pics of the nugs yet they are only 16day of flower

Top Bottom