Mr Dizzle's dunkin his balls in some Hempie'z

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

4 : 1.5 perlite/coco (one 4cuft bag perlite, 1.5cuft bag canna coco)

nice layer of hydroton on the bottoms, the mini res in the bottom holds 2.5gals of water. I set up some drip lines but its not hooked up yet, 15plants total. Im going to add a ton of benies this round. I plan on vegging as long as I need too, probably 2-3wks. pics pretty much tell the rest, I had to drop some plastic down to cover the old MPB holes
24/7 lighting for veg, 2 light for 24 hours then I will switch to the other 2 lights for 24 over and on and on

days 1 veg

Mr dizzles dunkin his balls in some hempiez
Mr dizzles dunkin his balls in some hempiez 2
Mr dizzles dunkin his balls in some hempiez 3
Mr dizzles dunkin his balls in some hempiez 4
Mr dizzles dunkin his balls in some hempiez 5
Mr dizzles dunkin his balls in some hempiez 6
Mr dizzles dunkin his balls in some hempiez 7
L

Lost

This should be fun to watch!

Any reason for the hempys.....

hehehehehe :)

M

mrdizzle

haha, well I just left for two days and I can home and wasnt nervous to open the door.

Im really loven this mix thou, so light and airy, roots should make their way with ease

another cool thing is I can bring the plants close to the lights and then back them up as they grow

E

easypleasie

Hell yeah bro! This is gonna be a fun one for sure. When you jumping on the hempy wagon, Lost?

Dizzle, I flipped my girls around the same size yours are in the pics...maybe a little bigger. They're almost outgrowing the room! I didn't even veg in there, just threw them into flower since I had a few other girls still flowering in there.

Right on about not worrying! Hempy's are a simple, safer way to start growing trees without going full blown hydro. Rock on bro!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh! I'm gonna watch this one. My hempies are pure perlite and outside at the moment, but this'll still be fun.

How'd you hit on the perlite/coco ratio? Packaging? Adding anything else, such as worm castings to the mix?

C

Coxie

dizzle,

I'm subbed. I'll have my hempy's up and runnin' later this week. I see you use canna coco. Do you have to wash it or treat it before using? Is there bug issues associated with coco?

I'm jacked about this. I know how dizzle feels, when you've been away from the room for too many hours, I'm afraid to open the door, not knowing if there'll be water & nutes everywhere.

A good alternative and addition to my mpb room. This is my "safe" room. A dependable harvest in between my mpb runs.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
My name is Louie and I want to dip my balls in it. Ill tag along. Easy of mind is worth more imo than anything.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

kinda hard to get pythium in coco eh? Still runnin the BBK?

J

Jalisco Kid

Why mix the rockwool with the perlite. I have had better success from receiving clones grown in perlite(edit:i meant rockwool) by keeping 2/3 of the block out of the other medium. Good luck on your change of style. JK

L

Lost

I think you dipped your balls in the blue bucket.. Now thats some taint gravy...

M

mrdizzle

Oh! I'm gonna watch this one. My hempies are pure perlite and outside at the moment, but this'll still be fun.

How'd you hit on the perlite/coco ratio? Packaging? Adding anything else, such as worm castings to the mix?

haha yep, I wanted a 75%perlite to 25% coco but I 4:1.5 is close enough . Im planning on hitting it with some great white or some tea, I just havent had time yet

kinda hard to get pythium in coco eh? Still runnin the BBK?
Yea rot is tough to pull off in hempys, I used to run hempys and never once had any problems what so ever

Why mix the rockwool with the perlite. I have had better success from receiving clones grown in perlite by keeping 2/3 of the block out of the other medium. Good luck on your change of style. JK

I chose the rockwool because its easy, and forgiving, I tend to neglect my veg set ups, I used the rockwool for a long time in my old hempys and it was a pretty smooth transition, Im hoping with the extra plants I can still turn out some good numbers.

D

dusty

I will probably transition to trees by doing 45 gal pots of perlite / coir after seeing this...I can stay organic that way too! give thanks!

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

HAHA! dippin your ballz in hempyz.....:rofl

Hempys are great!

A

antimatter

Yhea im pretty sure im gonna say fuck it and stick with my coco, shit works good and is forgiving as hell and I really don't feel like spending a few grand on chillers/pumps/electrical. 4-5 gallon containers of coco and more plants just so much easier to deal with. We change our minds left and right don't we.. never takes me long to clean up with coco and I just dump it in my backyard.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Looking good bro.
I like the MPB conversion you did.
Nice and easy.
Sub'd

Aligee

Aligee

very nice Dizzle got my attention !!! do you still rock the MPB 'z???

mikeross

mikeross

How did I miss this... looks awesome. I love the multiple kids per bucket.

Cant wait to see how this setup compares to the mpb's.

X

XxShibbyxX

Damn and I was just about to start an mpb setup.

Time to learn all I can about coco now I guess lol

M

mrdizzle

heres at days 16 of veg, I have done 2 major leaf plucks already as a little experiment on packing in the bud sites, it probably stunted their growth a little but not worried. i will probably start my cuts in 7gal grow bags cut low and try only one plant per bucket and 3 in the middle next run, I already have 12 cuts that are 8in so they will have 2 months to grow before they get transplanted so 7 plant should still kill it

I am happy with the system, I havent had to do shit but plug in a pump every couple days for a few mins, I know they aint gonna die so I just need to tweek the veg and MPBs will just be stories I tell my grand kids

Latest posts

Top Bottom