Mrdizzle's second MPB style jock

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

here is other 6 plant patients room i just finished setting up. call it bad karama but every single fitting leaked on this set up. its insane, i had to cake every fitting with "amazing goop". I am still finding tiny leaks, hopefully i got them all. I did everything the same so i dont understand why they are leaking, and i used rubber washers on the inside and outside of the buckets. the other room only has one washer with zero leaks. i think its because this room has a 1800gph pump which fills the buckets an about half way up the overflows, where my other room the water only covers about 1/16 of the overflow holes. im only vegging these ones for another day, for a total of three days in the buckets.

Mrdizzles second mpb style jock
Mrdizzles second mpb style jock 2
Mrdizzles second mpb style jock 3
Mrdizzles second mpb style jock 4
Mrdizzles second mpb style jock 5
D

dusty

looks like you're about to shut yourself out again. lookin great my man. can't wait to be there with you in MPB land.

i can't wait to put some of my bubba crosses in to this system!

M

mrdizzle

i just supercropped all the tops to slow the stretch down. Im getting cages on them tonight or tomorrow. same nutes except i will add cal-mag, the other rooms leaf tips were white which i was told by a wise man is mag def. also adding this stuff called bobs brew, very similar to hydrofungicide i believe. also have put the fans underneath each bulb yet which is highly important. it helps shoot that cold air up then the air hits the ceiling and bounces back down.

M

mrdizzle

thanks dusty, you are going to love the buckets. you will need to pick up a hobby thou because a once a week res change doesnt take long. i have some master kush set to go in the 5plant room. they are about 20inch and have another two weeks to veg, hopefully flip with a 4days turn around

Also, everyone with the 10in net pots. I bought some but wont be using them, but I have a theory that you all might not like. Since the roots can grow out the sides, they literally can grow right into the overflow drains. with the buckets, the roots are a good 4inches below the overflow making them much less likely to swim up to the overflow to clog it. I found this sick plastic mess that allows you to drill much larger holes for the bottom of the buckets so the roots wont choke and stones wont fall thru.

L

Lost

Looking really good!

Hey, where is your screen that the waterfall is supposed to flow thru?

Are you using topdrip?

D

dusty

what's up bro I have the perfect space for 14 lights and 10 plants right now. I think this summer when I'm focusing on my out door garden I will take the time to install the 2x 36.000 btu mini splits, faran 707 humidifiers, i already have a santa fe, and all the lights, 100 gal res, I need to get a 1/2 hp chiller, have the 1800 gph pumps have a pump i can use for the drip line probably have one i can use for the chiller too...was gonna use 20 gal botanicare res with the lids since i can get them very cheap. they're 4Lx2Wx1H or so and I think with 14 1ks on 10 plants I can really do some damage in the larger tanks with the freak of nature strains at my disposal in the winter time when i'm ready to get back inside. we'll see how it goes. luckily there are people out there who can help a cat like me who is scared to do hydro jump in to the deep end. this system seems like the easiest way to do 'dro...and the batches are hella cheap... GH 3 part is like a dollar!

M

mrdizzle

no screen for the waterfall, i think doubleds does that to catch stones and loose roots for the first couple weeks. i havent put the hose lines on the topfeed but its all set up. i wanted them to look for water so i have just been pouring water over the top. I just need to connect the lines to the feedtube. Im also waitng on my pondmaster 100ap, marvin gardens is fucking me over. I ordered it on dec 27th

D

DrDanko

Mr. D! I'm much like Dusty in that I'm a soil guy who's looking hard at going hydro. I'm torn between ebb and flow tables and the MPB buckets. My biggest concern is wattage. Being that I'm in a state that is anti-pot, I really don't feel comfortable yet with sucking massive amounts of wattage. I pretty much stick to around 3K total watts. Are you in a legalized sate? Just wondering what people's experiences are that are similar to mine. Seems like most people that do these are also legal(maybe that's why they're called MPB's?). Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your grow. I didn't catch the end of the first, but I'm sure this will be even better. Keep up the good work! Now if those A-holes at Marvin Gardens would get their sh*t together! LOL. Good luck my friend! DrD.

M

mrdizzle

dusty- i will be glued to that thread once its up. i wish i could seal mine up, but im learning to just be happy with what i got. i also was going to use those 20gal res's but the lids are tough, although i bought this drywall cutter that went through my lids like butter, and it says it can handle plywood too

drdanko- i feel your pain brother, but shit i would rather run another light and drop my plant count down to 4 or 5 in a non-med state, and yeild 2x's as much. that extra light isnt gonna get you nabbed, if the eletric company thinks something is off they will likely call you, just say your mother in law moved in and shes on a resperator. you dont have to seal it up either as long as your temps are proper

northone- i know the ones you are talking about,they are mesh bottoms, i would use them and save myself from drilling 700 holes. there is another kind that its a true net pot that has slots all the way up to the top. i only did that weekly flush once, i know its off the path but i am lazy, i havent noticed anything negative but i havent a thing to compare it too. one week i top flushed with 20gals of florasheild thou

D

dusty

Sup.. I don't think the res lids will be able to stand up to my 3/4" chuck 1500rpm drill and hole saw. :)

Good luck on this batch man! Can't wait to see you pull big!

B

Boots Sugarleaf

Also, everyone with the 10in net pots. I bought some but wont be using them, but I have a theory that you all might not like. Since the roots can grow out the sides, they literally can grow right into the overflow drains. with the buckets, the roots are a good 4inches below the overflow making them much less likely to swim up to the overflow to clog it. I found this sick plastic mess that allows you to drill much larger holes for the bottom of the buckets so the roots wont choke and stones wont fall thru.

Awesome to see the new set bro, good luck! It should turn out sweet.

And thanks for this post, I already realized this about the standard 10" net pots, I like that screen idea....I would use buckets from now with the screen on or get the net pots that only have slots on the bottom like these 10 inch ones here:

HG10RDPOT.jpg

E

easypleasie

Go dizzle go! Gonna be another good show, bro. Good to know about those netpots. I have the ones with just the holes on the bottom but they look a little different than the picture boots posted. Mine don't fit snug on a 5 gallon bucket but they're a little taller than the typical ones and have smaller holes on the bottom.

New round pots
P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Maybe she leaks cuz the double washers. Might try to swap a couple out to see if that helps. Lookin killer!

B

bakershredhead

Yo Dizzle are you using a mangnetic drive pump or are you using a submersible oil sealed sump pump? I've got to pondmaster 1800gph but I'm wondering if the sump pumps are any better. I've seen one's that are safe for plant use that are 3500gph, could maybe just use one for around 10 buckets.

M

mrdizzle

supreme mag drive pondmaster. silent, but too strong imho. i prefer the gentile overflow of the 1200ghp. but whats done is done. sump pumps are crazy loud but i do like how they can pump out a 1/2in of water, makes dry pumping hard to pull off

O

OregonMeds

dizzle if you wanted you could just run another T off the 1800 that goes back into the reservoir with a valve on it, a simple bypass you can adjust and bleed off as much power as you want. The water flow rate may have something to do with your success though, there may be an ideal range like there is with NFT, I'm not sure.

Do we have a flow rate? You could just turn on the pump for a few seconds and catch that water, then multiply the amount to get a full per minute or per hour ideal per bin.

A

Angus

supreme mag drive pondmaster. silent, but too strong imho. i prefer the gentile overflow of the 1200ghp. but whats done is done. sump pumps are crazy loud but i do like how they can pump out a 1/2in of water, makes dry pumping hard to pull off

Mrdizzle, So for a 5 bucket system would you order the 3 1200 gph danner pumps and skip the 1800.
and would the pondmaster 100 work with the 5 buckets?

lookin great man

M

mrdizzle

Mrdizzle, So for a 5 bucket system would you order the 3 1200 gph danner pumps and skip the 1800.
and would the pondmaster 100 work with the 5 buckets?

lookin great man

the pondmaster 100 will work for 5, shit it would work for 10 probably.

Are you saying 3 different 1200gph? i use one for 5 buckets in my other room , the 1800 does give a noticable simmer in the buckets. even with 3 elbows and a T

Latest posts

Top Bottom