Mrdizzle's second MPB style jock

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

There is tons of bad info being posted by people here lately.

I really think we need to call people out on their bullshit. Its the only way to stop the misinformation.

In my opinion threads like the saving electricity are the opitome of what I am talking about. Finally a site where short cuts are frowned upon, do it right the first time attitude prevails.. Then the RUI punks come over here and try to tell people how its done when they don't even have their first light up.

Sorry for the rant, but it has been really bad lately.. I blame it on x-mas break and bored kids...

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats for sure. Call me out any time I am wrong. I am hear to learn and fellowship with others who love this as much as I do. I try not give advice unless I know my shit up and down because the folks here are not playing around. Nor am I. Hell, I cross reference with books and stuff and I know there is always misleading statements etc. so i still don't post unless I have seen it with my own two eyes more than once.

Sucks when the really great threads get off track because stuff like that...Don't waste the peoples time that have skills like that man...come on. I need to stop now too. Sorry mrdizzle.

O

OregonMeds

Ouch ouch ouch, quit hitting me in the back of the head I get it already.

K

kushpheen

I like that he was not only banned but vanquished, hopefully we can smoke that lingering douchebag smell away...

B

bakershredhead

yo dizzle what kind of pumps you using . I've got 2 1800gph pondmaster magnetic drive and 2 1200 magnetic in my res. I'm kind of worried the magnets are causing iron to fall out of the nute solution. was wondering if i should switch to the oiless sump pumps,but i don't know if there magnetic drive or not

M

mrdizzle

supreme mag drive from pondmaster, I dunno to much about the iron falling out ect, floranova seems to carry a big stick

J

Janus

From what I've been able to tell the Mag pumps don't cause any issue with Iron. I personally believe it to have been an issue with early pumps or simply internet folklore continuously repeated. I routinely have solution analysis run at a lab and I've never seen any issue with Iron. If the pumps are attracting the iron, it doesn't show up in the plants, the lab, or on the impeller. My experience is with the Danner and my current pumps, Iwaki. Good luck.

D

dusty

the iron in nutrients is chelated, usually by EDTA...this keeps the iron in solution and available to plants over a broad pH range and presence of other minerals.

B

bakershredhead

Thanks guys. I've got Danners so I'll just add some cal mag to be on the safe side since I've got four pumps in my tank.

N

Northstar521

Do you think so? Some of my buddys insist on using 5 600w instead of 3 1k's. I've yet to showhim my recent obsession... Absorbing ALL this MPB info!!! I Just stumbled upon you guys a day ago. You guys and your threads rock! Shit I dug for nearly a month looking for "the right" info on Krusty's buckets... And saw nuthin helpfull, just People slammin each other. I've finally found the info I've been hunting for! 8) Thank god for the big D!

N

Northstar521

Please squash the Roundheads... It took me far too long to see the light to be annoyed or misled anymore. Now I just gotta get all my rooms to see the light and make the switch...

N

Northstar521

Yeah it's the only viable I've found on the web. And that's how I ended up findin and followin DD;) I've been starin at my iPhone for a day and a half with a notebook so I can get my ducks in a row. Kinda pricy switch... But obviously worth the time. Thanks for all the helpful info guys!

M

mrdizzle

Yeah it's the only viable I've found on the web. And that's how I ended up findin and followin DD;) I've been starin at my iPhone for a day and a half with a notebook so I can get my ducks in a row. Kinda pricy switch... But obviously worth the time. Thanks for all the helpful info guys!

you can do it on the cheap too bro, i skipped the mini splits, and the co2 for now, I'm waiting till i have one big room and temps arent really and issue.

big cost is the chiller and pumps, but the whole system can be done for about $1000 bucks, minus the lights of course.

day 2 of flower, nothing new to report, gotta get my fn cages thou

squarepusher

squarepusher

I believe 600W actually have more lumens / watts than 1000W's, but they may cause more heat, and of course complicate things a bit (10x600w vs 6x1000w) will require more cables, plugs, wire, and if you are using cooltubes even more.

The 600W's are only slightly more efficient, I would estimate 5% compared to the 1000W's, so it a rather small detail in a large setup you would only save a few hundred watts total. Although, there may be some advantaged with placement having more points of light with more 600's. Preference up to you I guess

M

mrdizzle

most lumens in theory, but you want the intense light of a 1000wer, your trying to light up a 5ft tree, 600s wont do that, even with a better lumen to watt ratio

M

mrdizzle

and you correct, 10 600wers will produce a ton more heat that 6 1000wers

M

MedicalINFO

MPD Bushmaster

HEy Mr. Dizzle, I have used bushmaster with excellent results for a few runs. I think it might be perfect in this system. Use 1 ml. per gallon in your weekly flush ( the week you want them to stop getting taller) Has anyone tried this yet. Bushmaster WITH PLAIN WATER is hands down the best product I've used since Roots Excel.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

time to bump this thread..
how's the 2nd round going dizzle? any lessons you've learned from the 1st being modified into the 2nd?

M

mrdizzle

yep, Veg longer than 4 days, I was afraid the plants would be too big so I only vegged for 4days this time, a couple plants barely have any roots in the tubs at mid week three. I also had major heat issuse so i had to cooltube the room, which actually I really like, i dont know why people hate of cooltubes so much. I think I will still get a decent pull but more like .6gpw ish

also I do not like the rockwool. you cant just run drippers on the side or the rockwool dries out, if you put the drippers too close it stays too wet. I will be going back to coco pots, or I was thinking about buying another set of buckets and filling the buckets with growrocks up an inch higher than the water will sit once in the tubs, then cutting a a circle of coco from a coco mat and then filling the top with coco/perlite, that way I can get the roots big in the bucket then drop them in the tubs and watch the roots take off

L

Lost

Dizzle - I have been thinking about a similar coco pot with hydroton on the bottom where the water sits. Maybe have the coco mat 2 or so inches above the water level. Thx :)

Top Bottom