Mt cup......lets do this

• Thread starter sanvanalona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
I like the idea, what if we also allowed other entrants so long as they are associated with one of us, you know being Montana i still know quite a few growers that are worried about logging in, they just lurk! I would want to be able to allow them, but maybe each member of the site can invite three-five other contestants and everyone can bring one guest?

I agree with Sanvan...some are still not ready to speak out! No shame in that, to each their own.

I think we should only allow people who are entering something and the people they bring so they have more product.

Maybe this first year we need to limit it to a competitor and one guest, but only if the guest is carrying extra for the competitor.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I agree with Sanvan...some are still not ready to speak out! No shame in that, to each their own.

I think we should only allow people who are entering something and the people they bring so they have more product.

Maybe this first year we need to limit it to a competitor and one guest, but only if the guest is carrying extra for the competitor.

That sounds about right, it will be one epic weekend for chronic done in this fashion. I'm getting excited just hearing about it! I think I will have one Indica and one Sativa for the cup, not sure on the indica quite yet but I know for sure what Sativa I will be entering.

M

mountainman21

I like this idea. It keeps it easy for this first year and the numbers are manageable. Has the location been nailed down yet? Does the guest get to enter via the competitor? Of course anything entered has to be grown by the competitor, do we need pics of the grow and some way to ensure that a competitor actually cultivated the cannabis they are entering? Or is this just an on your honor cup...Is every competitor also a judge? or is the guest the judge or both...should the judge be able to look at the cannabis or should it be based on the smoke...taste..high..cure...maybe there should be a rating for each part on a scale of 1-10 and then a total of all points. I think that one type of smoking apparatus should be used for all judges, one variable that shouldn't really change. Any chance we can all meet in the next few weeks to nail this down? :rauch08:

hotRod

hotRod

I think we need to start getting some thing that are concrete
and delegate a few duties so we don't have a goat show

-date time location (spring may be better driving conditions)
-judges and how to judge, what to judge (score card)
-start a list of folks that want to enter (who to contact)

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I say that all of us judge, just one important thing is that us and our guests cannot vote for what we enter, I think this will make it more fair and eliminate the possibility of everyone voting for their own strain. Therefore we will need to have a couple of overseeing judges, someone to keep a ballot of what everyone entered and to also to relabel everything and then be able to tally the votes. I would be happy to do this, and of course have one or two with me on this as well, I know motherlode has spoke of coming out here, considering he is not from the area but obviously one hell of a pro, check his threads for the proof, I would nominate him if he is down as well. That would mean only two people would know what exact strains are being smoked, almost eliminating any prejudice based on strain name.

The location is a lock, we have a few wrinkles to iron out but I think that it will be no problem, I will have confirmation this week. I was thinking, and maybe this is a little too much but maybe we make a meeting place where everyone who pm's me on this site will know, upon arrival cards will be checked and a map will be given to the location, i think this will help eliminate potential leo problems.

As far as the judging I think again we have three categories: indica, sativa, and hybrid; they should all be judged by taste, smell, and high on a scale of 1-10 with ten being the highest. I don't think we should limit the apparatus, we are all pros and know how we enjoy smoking and I'm sure that is different for everyone. So in total one person should at max enter three strains, one for each category, and we should still keep it to a 1 ounce minimum per strain. The maximum amount of points a strain can receive will be 30 points. I cannot guarantee this, but let me see if I can get one of the people from Montana Botanical to join, maybe give the winning strains free testing that can be published alongside the article in Cannabis Now. This idea is becoming a reality, so hyped!

Do you think it should be a requirement for all judges to have an entry, guests included?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I think we need to start getting some thing that are concrete
and delegate a few duties so we don't have a goat show

-date time location (spring may be better driving conditions)
-judges and how to judge, what to judge (score card)
-start a list of folks that want to enter (who to contact)

I think we set the date for the weekend of Jan 21st, I know driving may suck but we can figure that out, I may even rent something to haul a few of us western caregiver in.

The judging and scoring I just outlined in the above posts.

As for now, I guess I can be the primary contact with more definitely to follow. Any volunteers please pm me. It would be nice to get a pm from all of you who are absolutely down to enter and maybe even what strain(s) you plan on entering. It would be nice if any of you have friends that do music that may be down to contribute to the entertainment. I will know for sure if this will be a one or two day event by end of the week, I say lets get some rsvp down and lets get this bad boy started!

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
I say that all of us judge, just one important thing is that us and our guests cannot vote for what we enter, I think this will make it more fair and eliminate the possibility of everyone voting for their own strain. Therefore we will need to have a couple of overseeing judges, someone to keep a ballot of what everyone entered and to also to relabel everything and then be able to tally the votes. I would be happy to do this, and of course have one or two with me on this as well, I know motherlode has spoke of coming out here, considering he is not from the area but obviously one hell of a pro, check his threads for the proof, I would nominate him if he is down as well. That would mean only two people would know what exact strains are being smoked, almost eliminating any prejudice based on strain name.

The location is a lock, we have a few wrinkles to iron out but I think that it will be no problem, I will have confirmation this week. I was thinking, and maybe this is a little too much but maybe we make a meeting place where everyone who pm's me on this site will know, upon arrival cards will be checked and a map will be given to the location, i think this will help eliminate potential leo problems.

As far as the judging I think again we have three categories: indica, sativa, and hybrid; they should all be judged by taste, smell, and high on a scale of 1-10 with ten being the highest. I don't think we should limit the apparatus, we are all pros and know how we enjoy smoking and I'm sure that is different for everyone. So in total one person should at max enter three strains, one for each category, and we should still keep it to a 1 ounce minimum per strain. The maximum amount of points a strain can receive will be 30 points. I cannot guarantee this, but let me see if I can get one of the people from Montana Botanical to join, maybe give the winning strains free testing that can be published alongside the article in Cannabis Now. This idea is becoming a reality, so hyped!

Do you think it should be a requirement for all judges to have an entry, guests included?

I think we still need a breeders category!.....let's make a name for Montana

I Like the scoring...not so sure we should set the minimum at a zip...this may hurt the number of entries...What about a max of a zip per strain?

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
I think we set the date for the weekend of Jan 21st, I know driving may suck but we can figure that out, I may even rent something to haul a few of us western caregiver in.

The judging and scoring I just outlined in the above posts.

As for now, I guess I can be the primary contact with more definitely to follow. Any volunteers please pm me. It would be nice to get a pm from all of you who are absolutely down to enter and maybe even what strain(s) you plan on entering. It would be nice if any of you have friends that do music that may be down to contribute to the entertainment. I will know for sure if this will be a one or two day event by end of the week, I say lets get some rsvp down and lets get this bad boy started!

We need to see if we can charter one of the rafting busses from downtown missoula...that dude's all about making money bet he would charter one for fair price with a driver for the missoula/western montana peeps...like that we could schedule stops at meeting points along highway .......at least from this side all the way to contest....just a thought

FYI - I have two friends that are card holders and happen to be DJ's! They have their own equipment....and I bet they would be down if they got to partake of "The Fire"....lmao! Just say the word and I will mention it and ask them

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I think you may be right Baked, maybe we should limit it to a minimum of 1/2 oz, I say this only because I would like to make sure there is enough to go around but if you guys think it would take less or more just say so and we will make it so.

As far as the DJ's, please have them come. I think that we can make an exception for people providing entertainment so long as they have cards. Any more suggestions let me know!

kootenainatural

kootenainatural

Savage
Supporter
what kinda music do you think would be most suitable for this kinda event i also know dj's and artist doing music in several different genre's who have cards and would be more then willing to contribute but what do you think the peaple will enjoy

T

time2shine

im in consider me rsvp'd.. i dont know what strain im going to bring yet but im sure il find something :cool0041:

as for music ... i vote for a real band... dont get me wrong im all for DJ's and whatnot got plenty of friends getting by doing that.. but i gotta say and this is just me.. but a bunch of trance and techno rave stuff would drive me insane....im sure it wouldnt be hard to find someone with some musical skills to come play.

as for how much to bring .. id say an oz per entry(atleast) that way no matter what there wont be a shortage and if there is to much then o shucks..better to much then to little... everyone will get bigger samples.. im also for deviding it all up into kinda gift basket things with each persons aloted amount that way its not a bum rush of people ripping apart a buffet of nugs.

and i think bringing your favorite utensil should be encouraged for sure..

Cant wait sounds like a blast :banana1sv6:

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
I am not sure anybody was looking for rave or trance music. The friend I speak of with his own equipment usually does weddings,so he has to entertain while he plays but he has spun at clubs. His taste is probably wider ranged than most peeps.

I think live band would be cool if it were a more organized event with a schedule.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Sanvan - I think we need to concrete a date....like make an official announcement or maybe a sticky in the forums. I think people are hesitant to sign on with out confirmation. I don't blame anybody, as some of us have to make even sitter arrangements. So somebody like me is ready to committ, but I have to lock in a date to start planning.

I have already started planning for sitters ands what not. I am ready to commit...Did we decide on one day or two? I think on such short notice we should try to squeeze it into one day.....we need to remember...we have big ideas but some will have to be sacrificed this year, just to ensure it gets on the books.

IMO - we should have somewhat of finalized plans by let's say, no later than this Friday, to make sure we are not totally running around like a chx with its head cut-off. This would give peeps only a couple weeks to get ready too.

IMO - I still think we should make the biggest advocates for the cup in this forum get voted as the Montana Cup Committee... the OG's...lmao

U

up yours

Stepping out thanks all rather judge on panel not enter it to hurried for my taste good luck all sanvanalona let me know what I can do to help out

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
as for how much to bring .. id say an oz per entry(atleast) that way no matter what there wont be a shortage and if there is to much then o shucks..better to much then to little... everyone will get bigger samples.. im also for deviding it all up into kinda gift basket things with each persons aloted amount that way its not a bum rush of people ripping apart a buffet of nugs.

IMO - I still stand firm at a half ounce....for a few reasons

1. means each person can enter two strains
2. half ounce broke into .5g samples - which is a good size bowl...will do like 30 people....this why I think a set judge panel number would be great, so they are sure to get samples first. Maybe we should randomly pick 10 judges for each test?
3. who is ready to give up $200-$400 for each entry..let's be reasonable

We have to remember farmers....is this a party smoke session, or are we trying to do a legit competition. If we want to have a Montana Smoke Day...I am down for that too. We are organizing an event however to decide who is growing the best medical marijuana in the state of Montana. Then who has made the best strain of medical marijuana in the state. We can all arrange smoke sessions after meeting each other at the competition, I am here for bragging rights like most growers when it comes down to it.

As far as bum rushing the table....Wow dude....I think there is a lot of respect among growers, it's one of the only securities we have in our industry. I think if it is professional growers, and not somebody there just to party......we are safe to say that there will not be an incident like a bum rush. We are not standing outside dispensaries waiting for someone to drop a nug...I would like to think we are all adults

U

up yours

I rec. A gram to my patients for a joint or other methods to medicate a pipe is a joke a bong is not a device to use for flavor maximazation of flvors this only mho nothing else anyways good luck all

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Wow guys this is turning out very good. I am in conversation with the owner of the property, I will definitely have a concrete date and location by friday. Excuse me for not immediately replying I have been working a lot these last few days. I think a live band would be the shit if we could plan it a little better, I know of a great one in Missoula that would be down with some advanced notice

So this is what i am thinking for this first event. I think it would be nice for all the entries to be pre bagged, either .5 or 1.0 gram bags, this will help me from having to do it the day of the event. I also think that for this initial event one day should cover it, I have confirmation from 5 other caregivers that are not on this site that are going to enter, so make sure your lungs are ready boys, could be some really heavy puffing. Ultimately, I think this first event should serve as the starting ground for doing an annual event, maybe we can start planning a summer/early fall event that will then hold as the annual date as I know winter is not a great time. I am so excited for all the early commitment, I will have all of this in order very soon and will post wherever you guys feel is necessary

Upyours I really hope you change your mind, or at least attend the event. You can be my guest if necessary!

hotRod

hotRod

IMO - I still stand firm at a half ounce....for a few reasons

1. means each person can enter two strains
2. half ounce broke into .5g samples - which is a good size bowl...will do like 30 people....this why I think a set judge panel number would be great, so they are sure to get samples first. Maybe we should randomly pick 10 judges for each test?
3. who is ready to give up $200-$400 for each entry..let's be reasonable

We have to remember farmers....is this a party smoke session, or are we trying to do a legit competition. If we want to have a Montana Smoke Day...I am down for that too. We are organizing an event however to decide who is growing the best medical marijuana in the state of Montana. Then who has made the best strain of medical marijuana in the state. We can all arrange smoke sessions after meeting each other at the competition, I am here for bragging rights like most growers when it comes down to it.

As far as bum rushing the table....Wow dude....I think there is a lot of respect among growers, it's one of the only securities we have in our industry. I think if it is professional growers, and not somebody there just to party......we are safe to say that there will not be an incident like a bum rush. We are not standing outside dispensaries waiting for someone to drop a nug...I would like to think we are all adults

excellent points

Top Bottom