My autos are showing buds....should I dump and restart or ride it out?

• Thread starter bestbudgrowtraining
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

I did just figure that out too.
That's good, just curious why do you choose to grow autos instead of photo periods? I grow some autos myself growing outdoors since I have a limited space for drying since it allows me to harvest one or two plants at a time over several weeks but I am curious why you grow them?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
That's good, just curious why do you choose to grow autos instead of photo periods? I grow some autos myself growing outdoors since I have a limited space for drying since it allows me to harvest one or two plants at a time over several weeks but I am curious why you grow them?
I ran autos this year for multiple harvests outdoors and got bud rot in August 🤦‍♂️ weather in my region lays waste to autos

U

unholyfire

I think you are stunting them early on by transplanting them, over watering, or underwatering them. I'm no expert and I've only been growing auto's since 2011 and I never repot them. I use foxfarm ocean forest and green leaf nutes and have for years. If you want anymore suggestions just DM me.
I don't want to hijack your thread.
Here's a pic of my autos in 2gal pots. They range between 30-50 days. I even topped the two on the left.
IMG 20230830 083719099 HDR

Keep it simple. Peace

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I think you are stunting them early on by transplanting them, over watering, or underwatering them. I'm no expert and I've only been growing auto's since 2011 and I never repot them. I use foxfarm ocean forest and green leaf nutes and have for years. If you want anymore suggestions just DM me.
I don't want to hijack your thread.
Here's a pic of my autos in 2gal pots. They range between 30-50 days. I even topped the two on the left.
View attachment 2031133
Keep it simple. Peace
Transplanting autos does not stunt a plant. I’ve never had it happen auto or photo. Transplanting done correctly is a benifit.

U

unholyfire

Transplanting done correctly is a benefit.
Maybe just not a good idea for a new grower ✌️

However, growers will also notice that autos can’t handle very much stress. Or, more specifically, they don't have the time to recover fully after a significantly stressful event. That makes things extra complicated if you find yourself needing to move your autoflowers to a larger pot. Rapid growth complicates this further, as waiting too long can lead to your plants getting root-bound in their containers.

For those reasons, growers should always start autoflowers in their final pot. If that’s not possible, however, you shouldn’t lose hope. It can be a complicated and sensitive process, but transplanting your autoflowering cannabis plants isn’t impossible by any means.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

However, growers will also notice that autos can’t handle very much stress. Or, more specifically, they don't have the time to recover fully after a significantly stressful event. That makes things extra complicated if you find yourself needing to move your autoflowers to a larger pot. Rapid growth complicates this further, as waiting too long can lead to your plants getting root-bound in their containers.

For those reasons, growers should always start autoflowers in their final pot. If that’s not possible, however, you shouldn’t lose hope. It can be a complicated and sensitive process, but transplanting your autoflowering cannabis plants isn’t impossible by any means.
Touche’, but I still say, learn the practice sooner than later if you can help it. it really makes a difference as long as you aren’t a bull in a china shop about it. But you are right, it does have a tendency to spook the uninitiated. ✌️

bestbudgrowtraining

bestbudgrowtraining

Here’s to hoping….both same age and both were autos that were transplanted. The one budding is from fast buds

2DE011DA C665 499C 85F2 D86DF5F3FC8F
C8BF2F5C 45C8 429F 9B91 0E6BA7DC5CD4
MarkDm

MarkDm

I fed flowering nutes to a 2 week old barneys wedding cake auto and it popped into flower.
Has not grown much after and main cola was about 3 inches when pistrils started to turn amber.

one thing that helped was that i added growing nutrients to the mix and it started growing branches.

C

Cgerwig66

This photo is my purple lemonade by fastbuds at 19 days old from germination. This seed germinated in 24 hours. I put it in a papertowel and 24hours later had an 1/8 long tail so I stuck in the dirt and 24 hours later it was out of the dirt. This thing just took off and i had the exact same results from a zkittles auto from seedsman and a photo called 10th planet although 10th planet has not started showing signs of flowering and it is very healthy. I am just afraid that I may be wasting my time with the two autos and wondering if I should just pull them from the dirt and start over.

I think my problem is that I transplanted them and the very next day they started flowering.
I have a lot of autoflowers that give me 5oz and more. And then there ones like you have it seems that way with autoflowers I usally give up on those they usually produce under an ox.

bestbudgrowtraining

bestbudgrowtraining

I have a lot of autoflowers that give me 5oz and more. And then there ones like you have it seems that way with autoflowers I usally give up on those they usually produce under an ox.
Haha all good it’s moving so fast that I’m just gonna let it run it’s course. I started a new one plus a new strawberry gorilla and of course I still have the Zkittles and the 10th planet. So I know for the future if I see that again im
Dumping it.

Choppr

Choppr

Purple Lemonades can get Big, (1st photo wk 6) - far left un-topped, far right was topped, (the one that was topped turned purple immediately) - 5 gal pots Coco/Hydro - over Feeding/watering will stunt them. Not transplanting is aimed at "new gardeners" - I've cropped and topped and always start in solos, they dont even know they've been moved...(middle pot, banana blaze auto in a 7 gal) the last 2 photos a week before harvest, I take a final headshot, and they get put on a riser in a 5 gal bucket and get a 3 gal flush, 7 to 9 days later when the pots are dry (I let them suffer from drought stress), then they get hung...

IMG 2845
Wk 10 end 3
Wk 10 end 5
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Purple Lemonades can get Big, (1st photo wk 6) - far left un-topped, far right was topped, (the one that was topped turned purple immediately) - 5 gal pots Coco/Hydro - over Feeding/watering will stunt them. Not transplanting is aimed at "new gardeners" - I've cropped and topped and always start in solos, they dont even know they've been moved...(middle pot, banana blaze auto in a 7 gal) the last 2 photos a week before harvest, I take a final headshot, and they get put on a riser in a 5 gal bucket and get a 3 gal flush, 7 to 9 days later when the pots are dry (I let them suffer from drought stress), then they get hung...
Beautiful work.

S

shawnpugh

Beautiful work.
I want to grow them next who is your seed bank

bestbudgrowtraining

bestbudgrowtraining

I want to grow them next who is your seed bank
I use fastbuds only now. They have the fastest processing/delivery and the seeds germinate in one day. Crazy fast. I have one of their autocup winners at 1 week old right now called Strawberry Gorilla sativa/indica 55/50

Choppr

Choppr

@shawnpugh - I just grew Strawberry Gorilla - not the biggest yielder, she didn't do well with nutrients over 600ppm (megacrop 2 part/hydro), I burnt her with a 700ppm mix wk 5 and she seemed to stall, some Autos can be pushed some cant. she smelled like berries/fuel - post some picks hope you do better!

SG Wk 86 3
SG Wk 86 2
SG Wk 85
SG Wk 80
IMG 5277
IMG 5274
IMG 5389
IMG 5388
IMG 5385
Top Bottom