my butter taste like an ashtray!

• Thread starter coco361
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

I can understand not throwing roaches away. I only smoke blunts so I save every roach in a foil blunt package but I've never thought about making edibles from them; I just break them down and remove the tobacco wrap from the roach and re-roll into what I call "roach blunts" that get you super-duper stoned 🤠
I throw em out so I don't have to smoke roaches ever again. Keeps me from getting lazy about growing.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I guess I am lucky! Mine just taste like hay! I’m one of those disgusting smokers. So maybe I’ll try ashtray flavor next.

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

Thank you! Great idea! I hate wasting anything! Those roaches were of some of the best DRO I have ever had, can't throw that stuff away!
Could have rerolled them and smoked them again roach joints I notice sometimes get me higher than normal bud

E9noxis

E9noxis

I can understand not throwing roaches away. I only smoke blunts so I save every roach in a foil blunt package but I've never thought about making edibles from them; I just break them down and remove the tobacco wrap from the roach and re-roll into what I call "roach blunts" that get you super-duper stoned 🤠
I call it G2 (generation 2) I have a container just for broke down roaches. If I roll something new, I dump in my tray weed that didn't make it onto the roll. It masks the roach flavor ok. I've never successfully made it to a G3 blunt. I'm curious if it would be bad though

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
It's the added effect of resin. Everyone remembers smoking resin, right? That shit is shit but it does the trick

TSD

TSD

Then you need to plant more. lol

But I know not everyone can. I'm rural with plenty of private bush so I can get carried away some years. BTW, a dozen well tended plants produce more than an untended forest.

I had a 200 plant seed run a couple years ago. I only grabbed the seed from the best plants. I abandoned the rest.
View attachment 1239510
Truth. I did 12 last year, one didn't make it, 3 had pest issues and went straight to the butter pile, 3 were at different locations and didn't get as babied and got cut premie due to mold, and the 5 in my garden gave me more than I could possibly use in a year... I legit tap my vape as soon as it's not tasty anymore and my roaches are like a quarter joint and they get tossed... 16 year old me would slap current me 🤣 I do like the idea of a G2 blunt... maybe I should save them. So much effort though when I have a smorgasbord of outdoor. 🤣

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Thank you! Great idea! I hate wasting anything! Those roaches were of some of the best DRO I have ever had, can't throw that stuff away!
With roaches u bust them all up and roll a big blunt that's it

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I used to make Rick Simpson oil for my late wife when she was suffering from cancer. I put in roaches and used vape residue, and I ended up with black tar. We initially used an eyedropper to put a drop under her tongue, but it was vile and nasty. Then she suggested I put the oil into gel caps, and that's what we did for 3 years.

I've also made cannabutter and oil for cooking. The real solution here is ultimately some sort of filtering, but it will be slow if straining through any kind of filter.

I use a Magical Butter machine for oil, butter and tinctures. It is very convenient if you have the right quantity to make up. (For instance, minimum 2 cups, maximum 5 cups of oil, butter or tincture. 2 cups of oil is 3 typical batches of brownies, meaning the smallest amount is $$$ unless growing your own.

Having done all three, if you are going to put your edibles into gel caps anyway, skip the butter and go right to RSO via tincture. Basically distill your weed into Everclear, then evaporate off the Everclear to leave RSO. Next, because RSO is incredibly tarry and thick (unless hot), you should dilute it 50/50 with Wesson oil (or some sort of cooking oil). That makes it dilute enough to use a syringe (no needle) to draw up the oil and dispense it into the gel caps.

Here was my process. I started with commercially-bought buds, and I typically got a 1:7 yield. (7 grams of bud in, 1 gram of RSO out).
1. Weed and 5 cups of Everclear goes into Magical Butter machine
2. machine runs for 4 hours at 160F infusing THC into the alcohol
3. strain the weed from the alcohol as best you can using fine paper filters. Coffee filters if you have nothing else. Ultimately you end up with Green Dragon tincture (if no vape residue or roaches) or black dragon if using the cr*p.
4. Pour the tincture into a mason jar
5. Fill a rice cooker with water, set it to the longest setting and put the mason jar (uncovered) into the water. In my rice cooker, the lid doesn't close, but it rest on the top of the jar keeping it in place. As soon as the jar is hot enough, you will see bubbles in the alcohol as it boils off. NOTE: DO THIS IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA. I do it on my porch or in my garage.
6. Run the rice cooker until the alcohol is boiled off (about 6 hours for me).
7. Mix in vegetable oil in a 50/50 ratio to make the tarry residue into more of an oily residue
8. Suck up the oil into a syringe
9. Use the syringe to measure a known number of drops into each gel cap. (I drilled holes in a block of wood to hold 12 gel caps at a time for me to put drops into.)
10. Cap the gel caps and put them into a ziplock bag. LABEL the bag with the date and the number of drops in each capsule. The date helps identify the batch, which helps knowing how strong that batch was,

When filling the gel caps, you can do some with 3 drops, some with 5, some with 7, etc. This, and the date, will let the consumer know how strong the doses are once they have sampled them. If 7 drops are too strong, and 3 drops are too weak, use the 5 drop caps. If 7 is too week, combine two 5 drops, etc.

11. Store in the refrigerator

This gets to be quite a tedious task to fill dozens of gel caps one drop at a time. Easily in the hour range. Use a good light. I had patience as I was doing the only thing I thought might help my wife who was suffering from pancreatic cancer.

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

I used to make Rick Simpson oil for my late wife when she was suffering from cancer. I put in roaches and used vape residue, and I ended up with black tar. We initially used an eyedropper to put a drop under her tongue, but it was vile and nasty. Then she suggested I put the oil into gel caps, and that's what we did for 3 years.

I've also made cannabutter and oil for cooking. The real solution here is ultimately some sort of filtering, but it will be slow if straining through any kind of filter.

I use a Magical Butter machine for oil, butter and tinctures. It is very convenient if you have the right quantity to make up. (For instance, minimum 2 cups, maximum 5 cups of oil, butter or tincture. 2 cups of oil is 3 typical batches of brownies, meaning the smallest amount is $$$ unless growing your own.

Having done all three, if you are going to put your edibles into gel caps anyway, skip the butter and go right to RSO via tincture. Basically distill your weed into Everclear, then evaporate off the Everclear to leave RSO. Next, because RSO is incredibly tarry and thick (unless hot), you should dilute it 50/50 with Wesson oil (or some sort of cooking oil). That makes it dilute enough to use a syringe (no needle) to draw up the oil and dispense it into the gel caps.

Here was my process. I started with commercially-bought buds, and I typically got a 1:7 yield. (7 grams of bud in, 1 gram of RSO out).
1. Weed and 5 cups of Everclear goes into Magical Butter machine
2. machine runs for 4 hours at 160F infusing THC into the alcohol
3. strain the weed from the alcohol as best you can using fine paper filters. Coffee filters if you have nothing else. Ultimately you end up with Green Dragon tincture (if no vape residue or roaches) or black dragon if using the cr*p.
4. Pour the tincture into a mason jar
5. Fill a rice cooker with water, set it to the longest setting and put the mason jar (uncovered) into the water. In my rice cooker, the lid doesn't close, but it rest on the top of the jar keeping it in place. As soon as the jar is hot enough, you will see bubbles in the alcohol as it boils off. NOTE: DO THIS IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA. I do it on my porch or in my garage.
6. Run the rice cooker until the alcohol is boiled off (about 6 hours for me).
7. Mix in vegetable oil in a 50/50 ratio to make the tarry residue into more of an oily residue
8. Suck up the oil into a syringe
9. Use the syringe to measure a known number of drops into each gel cap. (I drilled holes in a block of wood to hold 12 gel caps at a time for me to put drops into.)
10. Cap the gel caps and put them into a ziplock bag. LABEL the bag with the date and the number of drops in each capsule. The date helps identify the batch, which helps knowing how strong that batch was,

When filling the gel caps, you can do some with 3 drops, some with 5, some with 7, etc. This, and the date, will let the consumer know how strong the doses are once they have sampled them. If 7 drops are too strong, and 3 drops are too weak, use the 5 drop caps. If 7 is too week, combine two 5 drops, etc.

11. Store in the refrigerator

This gets to be quite a tedious task to fill dozens of gel caps one drop at a time. Easily in the hour range. Use a good light. I had patience as I was doing the only thing I thought might help my wife who was suffering from pancreatic cancer.
Is this more of a CBD high or is there the thc effect in it I’m trying to create something for my mother in law that is CBD only

TSD

TSD

Is this more of a CBD high or is there the thc effect in it I’m trying to create something for my mother in law that is CBD only
Gotta use a cbd only strain to get a cbd only result... unless there is some magic technique I'm not aware of...

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

Correct, for most home growers cannabinoid separation is not possible. It can be done multiple ways but I think I might be the only idiot here with the equipment to do it.
I wish you where close by I would have had you help me out :)

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Back when I was doing this (2014-2016), CBD weed was just hitting the news because of Charlotte Figi (may she rest in peace). I did find some R4 to use, but I was looking for THC since it is THC that (certainly at the time) was implicated in killing cancer cells via apoptosis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom