my butter taste like an ashtray!

• Thread starter coco361
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Use clarified butter and add sunflower lecithin (I assume you're already decarbing) and you will see potency increase significantly... I usually do a half ounce per cup of clarified butter, a quarter cup of finished butter gives me about 2 dozen pieces of fudge, which is my go to. One piece chills ya, 2 stones ya, 3 whacks ya... etc lol... dispensary edibles usually don't come close to my fudge.
If ur making fudge try adding walnuts if I remember correctly they add to you buzz much like the lecithin does

TSD

TSD

If ur making fudge try adding walnuts if I remember correctly they add to you buzz much like the lecithin does
Yeah I usually add nuts of some kind... it's probably something scientific about the lipids in the nuts... I know the lecithin helps your body absorb the THC better because of a certain type of lipid, and helps emulsify your concoction as well... I noticed the difference when I started using lecithin in my butter and oils.

josefrahl

josefrahl

Yeah I usually add nuts of some kind... it's probably something scientific about the lipids in the nuts... I know the lecithin helps your body absorb the THC better because of a certain type of lipid, and helps emulsify your concoction as well... I noticed the difference when I started using lecithin in my butter and oils.
You can also use lecithin to bring back the yellow color to the butter. Process of repeated cooling and whipping.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Is Myrcene the modulator you need to unlock the potency?
First of all, I don't want to come across as some sort of expert. I am not.

The problem is everything I might say is purely bro-science. There are hundreds of thousands of possible combinations if you are only dealing with 9 major terps and 5 major cannabinoids. When you add in eaten vs smoked vs sublingual vs patch with DMSO, the dosage, then the individual's health, tolerance, etc etc the problem of knowing what does what is virtually insurmountable.

That said, I think that smoked with lots of myrcene gives you that typical couch lock effect people attribute to Indica. When you eat it - my feeling is that myrcene is not overly effective simply because your stomach rips terps apart in short order. If you really want to get the benefits, my recommendation is to eat a couple mangos with your edible. Overwhelm your system with myrcene.

There are still cannabinoids being discovered. For example, THCP is "new" and is about 40X more psychoactive than THC. I'm working on detecting that with my testing, but tiny quantities can have a huge impact.

What I can say is that my wife (primary user and reason for all this crap in my basement) likes the control given to her in this process. She makes capsules 5 - 10 at a time, and tries new things. Early on she had wicked bad dreams which she learned to control with the addition of CBD 1:1 with THC. So if anything, we are trying to go the other direction, not unlock higher potency.

I dunno, it will be 10 years before I feel like we have this figured out. Best answer I got for you today.

TSD

TSD

First of all, I don't want to come across as some sort of expert. I am not.

The problem is everything I might say is purely bro-science. There are hundreds of thousands of possible combinations if you are only dealing with 9 major terps and 5 major cannabinoids. When you add in eaten vs smoked vs sublingual vs patch with DMSO, the dosage, then the individual's health, tolerance, etc etc the problem of knowing what does what is virtually insurmountable.

That said, I think that smoked with lots of myrcene gives you that typical couch lock effect people attribute to Indica. When you eat it - my feeling is that myrcene is not overly effective simply because your stomach rips terps apart in short order. If you really want to get the benefits, my recommendation is to eat a couple mangos with your edible. Overwhelm your system with myrcene.

There are still cannabinoids being discovered. For example, THCP is "new" and is about 40X more psychoactive than THC. I'm working on detecting that with my testing, but tiny quantities can have a huge impact.

What I can say is that my wife (primary user and reason for all this crap in my basement) likes the control given to her in this process. She makes capsules 5 - 10 at a time, and tries new things. Early on she had wicked bad dreams which she learned to control with the addition of CBD 1:1 with THC. So if anything, we are trying to go the other direction, not unlock higher potency.

I dunno, it will be 10 years before I feel like we have this figured out. Best answer I got for you today.
I love that you became a grower and a mad scientist for your wife's benefit... that makes my heart smile. ❤️

Ponky

Ponky

Ahhh. Makes sense. Explains the hundreds of different formulas the lab guys try. I've been trying to find an edible for people immune to edibles.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I love that you became a grower and a mad scientist for your wife's benefit... that makes my heart smile. ❤️
Anything for my bestie. Married 27 years earlier this year. She grew up playing in what is now an EPA superfund site - the nuclear waste produced during the Manhattan Project buried by the tons a couple miles from her first 20 years on the planet. It's a whole thing and she is not alone. Cannabis changed her life and got her off opioids.

The damage cannot be repaired, this is not a cure. But it gives her a life worth living. Take it as it comes.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Ahhh. Makes sense. Explains the hundreds of different formulas the lab guys try. I've been trying to find an edible for people immune to edibles.
There is a genetic difference in some people that prevents the liver from doing what it does in "normal" people

Leading cannabis doctors and researchers acknowledge the phenomenon is real, but can’t definitively explain it. They called for further research, saying that far beyond the disappointment of recreational marijuana consumers who can’t get high, it has serious implications for dosing in medical marijuana treatment and raises questions about the validity of blood tests that purport to detect pot impairment.

Unraveling the mechanisms at play could also point the way to a better understanding of the human body’s complex system of naturally occurring cannabinoid compounds and receptors, which are thought to play a role in everything from fertility to immunity to mood and cognition.

“We’re only just now starting to understand the cannabinoid system,” said Dr. Staci Gruber, the director of the Marijuana Investigations for Neuroscientific Discovery programs at McLean Hospital. “And it’s already clear that it’s not just about what and how much you’re using; it’s about how you’re wired.”

While no studies have directly examined those with ultra-high tolerances to marijuana edibles, Gruber and other researchers have a compelling hypothesis: People with an unusual variation of a key liver enzyme could essentially be too efficient at processing ingested THC, turning the compound into its “active” high-causing metabolite and then its inactive waste product before the active form can enter the bloodstream or brain. It’s also possible other people’s enzymes make them unusually inefficient at performing this process, with little THC getting metabolized in the first place.

“It’s almost as if they’re skipping the intermediate step,” Gruber said of people with uncommon subtypes of the CPY2C9 gene, which encodes the enzyme that shepherds THC through its three-step metabolic transformation. “You’re breaking it down so fast it doesn’t have an opportunity to create the psychoactive effect.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom