My Cheap Ass Grow.

• Thread starter jipp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1sttimegro

1sttimegro

Hi,have you ever used dutch master flower stimulant? Sorry for just jumping in,u just seem to know abit
No i havent used that ive started in with the water cup for a couple days then in a paper towel for 24h then i planted it about two and a half weeks ago now i planted it in seed starter to start and then i got some better soil for her since she was getting close to her first feeding. And i only k ow what i read. I made that litte reflective thing last night out of my ps4 box some tape and some aluminum foil took me an hour the son of a bitch. Its also only under a single 100w led i plan on getting a couple more lights tomorrow

1sttimegro

1sttimegro

No i havent used that ive started in with the water cup for a couple days then in a paper towel for 24h then i planted it about two and a half weeks ago now i planted it in seed starter to start and then i got some better soil for her since she was getting close to her first feeding. And i only k ow what i read. I made that litte reflective thing last night out of my ps4 box some tape and some aluminum foil took me an hour the son of a bitch. Its also only under a single 100w led i plan on getting a couple more lights tomorrow
And i only know what i read lol

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

An hour!!! what, are you union?

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

yeah, iv been ignoring this.. just do not care.

but no notices. anyhow.. hope all is well with youy folks.

i have a t5 coming, i have the shit for clones.. i tied the older plants down.. cut the babys down to the first node.

and now i wait.. maybe next week m y tent will be setup, maybe next fucking year i dunno.. and really just do not give a fuck.

but here some pictures for those who may.
View attachment 697624

View attachment 697625

View attachment 697627

tied down. View attachment 697629 View attachment 697630

got some 5 gallon pots. just in case a fucking mirrical happens. i wont be to active in this thread anymore so no need to keep it alive.. if i flower ill update.

probably just gonna start over from seed.

its only time .
i hope everyone is having a terrific night.

here some easy listening music to get stoned too on the way out the door.

rock on,
chris.
Don't start over @jipp you got this brother. Flip those babies and see what happens. What can it hurt and you will learn so even if it is a headache next time you will be ready. Persevere my friend

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the reply mate,and why do you not use additives??

I have not found any benefit to any I have tried.

I do add 20% large perlite to ocean forest potting soil.

I only use a 1 part fertilizer through flower and un ph'd well water only through veg while transplanting up every few weeks.

I have tried many expensive bottles and powders. After all of my testing. I agree they are expensive.

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

Jipp!!
Flip Flip Flip Flip... common guy.
You got a nice garden going, don't you want to harvest a SERVERAL oz's of premo self grown buds in 8 weeks.

Get angry and flip the fak out of that light switcher lol
Watch em sex, stretch, flower, and build trichs, n fatten up.
its fakin amazing!!
And worth it entirely

Much respect
Jake

Dappadon

Dappadon

I have not found any benefit to any I have tried.

I do add 20% large perlite to ocean forest potting soil.

I only use a 1 part fertilizer through flower and un ph'd well water only through veg while transplanting up every few weeks.

I have tried many expensive bottles and powders. After all of my testing. I agree they are expensive.

Thanks for the advice,,but I only ever used to use canna a+b and boost in flower,,only used to average about 1.5-2 dried and cured ounces,,but since I switched to a+b,,bud blood,,canna boost,pk 13/14,then shooting powder in the last 2 weeks in flower,,I'm getting 3.5-5 now,,no lighting/temps humidity has been changed,,so obviously to me it's made a massive difference,,tried and tested over years,same strain I'll also add

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the advice,,but I only ever used to use canna a+b and boost in flower,,only used to average about 1.5-2 dried and cured ounces,,but since I switched to a+b,,bud blood,,canna boost,pk 13/14,then shooting powder in the last 2 weeks in flower,,I'm getting 3.5-5 now,,no lighting/temps humidity has been changed,,so obviously to me it's made a massive difference,,tried and tested over years,same strain I'll also add

Not at all trying to tell you how to grow. Just my own experience.

I will add that my first year or 18 months I got an average of 2 oz per plant.

After that with the same pots nutes potting soil and lights the yield averaged 4 oz and then kept going up. Biggest I have done on one 30"x 30" plant was 7.8 oz. and can count on 3.5 - 5 with any strain I have grown from seed this year.

I plant a different seed every week so there is a lot of new plants and variety all the time.

I think we just get better. again. All of this is a potting soil grow.

Water culture is different. Ratios are adjusted.
so of the plant can use it and it is given at the right time it is possible to see gains.

In soil the medium is a buffer in between the nutes and plant. The soil is fed the minerals. Not the plant directly. Citation exchange is in the way of what we think we "fed" the plants.

Dappadon

Dappadon

Thanks for the reply,,I have a 3 meter x 1.5m x 2m high,tent,,I have 3x 600 watt hps lights,,2 6 inch fans (exhaust) a 24 inch oscillating fan and a temperature controler (heat + air con)
What do you think you could achieve with this setup just out of curiosity,,as I always want to do better,any help would be good,,I top 1 week before switch (12/12) thanks

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the reply,,I have a 3 meter x 1.5m x 2m high,tent,,I have 3x 600 watt hps lights,,2 6 inch fans (exhaust) a 24 inch oscillating fan and a temperature controler (heat + air con)
What do you think you could achieve with this setup just out of curiosity,,as I always want to do better,any help would be good,,I top 1 week before switch (12/12) thanks

I don't guess yield. Too many variables. But I can suggest that if you are topping only one week before flip there is not enough time for the plant to really benefit from it. Any time I have done this I lost 25% of my average for that strain.

I suggest bending and tying down the main stem and let the branches come up without taking anything off the plant.

I do this up to week 2 in 12/12. The plants just keep growing from the LST rather than stalling and then rebuilding.

Here is a good pic of how simple it is. I use soft tie and those big black paper clips on the rim of the pots.

Don't forget to brace the stem. Or it might pull out of the soil.

IMG 5817

Every strain and pheno can end up different but I usually only need minor training and staking and tying.
IMG 5818

With some practice you can judge them and get them to fill their space up with tons of tops. And spaced out like I have them they produce far deeper into the canopy with dense buds.

When I had too many in there yield and quality suffered. Because of light penetration, air flow and trapped humidity and I think the plants know their space.

Here is one with the leaves taken off for harvest.

IMG 5819

Good luck in your grows.

jipp

jipp

i was able to get my table cut down. i had to prove my point which i knew i would. so i took a scrap piece of wood cut it in half scarf jointed it, and doweled it.. glued up.. and told them try to break it at the glue joint. once they could not, they approved of cutting my own fucking table. hah.
IMG 2219   Copy

hah out of control.. few days ago.
anyhow, i can reach my plants now.

my T5 arrived so i put it in my 2x2 tent.
IMG 2224   Copy

IMG 2230   Copy

i popped a 93 Afghani and put it in the 2x2. the fucking thing came up backwards with the tap root reaching for the sky. so i had to flip it around, remove the slimy seed hull that was stuck to the cotyledons but they got wasted so its basically taproot,first set of leafs.. no light so the damn thing was starting to rot,. hah. anyhow, its reaching for the sky now.. we see if it goes anywhere or another dud.

its alive and i think its gonna grow. its taller than yesterday. hah. not by much.. but its the first old seed iv had do anything besides tease me. so im staying positive.

1993 Afghani
IMG 2258   Copy

3 months ago i could not of saved that seed or at least try,. i was not mentally capable or had the needed motor skills. pills really do fuck you up it would seem.. im sure not the same person i was.. but damn man.. i have so many brain cells i need to wake up.. laughs.

so im posting because my bother in-law is coming over to help me water tomorrow.. im gonna ask him to help me setup the tent or at least get some of it up.. and finish it up in a week when my help arrives. the problem is iv never set a tent up yet, and he is your typical academic, my sister is the man in the house. hah. or they be paying to have every thing fixed.. i raised her right. be smart and and capable to use your hands.
anyhow, so im posting because i maybe flowering ( next weekend) other wise i would not be.. i can be damn stubborn on shit..

for example i got accused of being a pill popper at a local grocery store, so had to go through bunch of paper work cause a pharmacist judged me. anyhow i will never shop there again. my family look at me like im nuts but whatever.

could you post a picture of your tents please.
( here is my tent as of now, you can even draw using paint. my paint skills are on par with the best, laughs :D stick figures for eva )
IMG 2255   Copy

i have a can can 400cfm fan, and a phresh filter, light proof ducting, etc. so i think i have everything.. but dunno.

today:

IMG 2253   Copy

the training is a convoluted mess. hah.. i had to snake them branches around and every day i keep pulling leafs down.

so i got the net ready order 2 more. i doubt 1 is enough.
IMG 2259   Copy

anyhow. thank you for your help.
chris.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
i was able to get my table cut down. i had to prove my point which i knew i would. so i took a scrap piece of wood cut it in half scarf jointed it, and doweled it.. glued up.. and told them try to break it at the glue joint. once they could not, they approved of cutting my own fucking table. hah.
View attachment 698486
hah out of control.. few days ago.
anyhow, i can reach my plants now.

my T5 arrived so i put it in my 2x2 tent.
View attachment 698487
View attachment 698489

i popped a 93 Afghani and put it in the 2x2. the fucking thing came up backwards with the tap root reaching for the sky. so i had to flip it around, remove the slimy seed hull that was stuck to the cotyledons but they got wasted so its basically taproot,first set of leafs.. no light so the damn thing was starting to rot,. hah. anyhow, its reaching for the sky now.. we see if it goes anywhere or another dud.

its alive and i think its gonna grow. its taller than yesterday. hah. not by much.. but its the first old seed iv had do anything besides tease me. so im staying positive.

1993 Afghani
View attachment 698494
3 months ago i could not of saved that seed or at least try,. i was not mentally capable or had the needed motor skills. pills really do fuck you up it would seem.. im sure not the same person i was.. but damn man.. i have so many brain cells i need to wake up.. laughs.

so im posting because my bother in-law is coming over to help me water tomorrow.. im gonna ask him to help me setup the tent or at least get some of it up.. and finish it up in a week when my help arrives. the problem is iv never set a tent up yet, and he is your typical academic, my sister is the man in the house. hah. or they be paying to have every thing fixed.. i raised her right. be smart and and capable to use your hands.
anyhow, so im posting because i maybe flowering ( next weekend) other wise i would not be.. i can be damn stubborn on shit..

for example i got accused of being a pill popper at a local grocery store, so had to go through bunch of paper work cause a pharmacist judged me. anyhow i will never shop there again. my family look at me like im nuts but whatever.

could you post a picture of your tents please.
( here is my tent as of now, you can even draw using paint. my paint skills are on par with the best, laughs :D stick figures for eva )
View attachment 698491
i have a can can 400cfm fan, and a phresh filter, light proof ducting, etc. so i think i have everything.. but dunno.

today:

View attachment 698490
the training is a convoluted mess. hah.. i had to snake them branches around and every day i keep pulling leafs down.

so i got the net ready order 2 more. i doubt 1 is enough.
View attachment 698495

anyhow. thank you for your help.
chris.

Your 2x2 with that t5 looks great.

I would get a couple ratchet straps for it to raise and lower (You are probably already thinking about that)

Since it is a 12 bulb and your using it for veg, you can get away with it a lil higher than the norm. I would aim for a foot away from the canopy. It seems to be doing justice over here.
20170508 163151

Now if ventilation is on the lower side. You can keep it raised up like you have it to help control the heat.

The closest you can get it with good ventilation (exhaust setup) will be "1-"2 from the canopy before toasting tops.

Just play with it lil by lil.
That t5 is a beast for your space.
Biggest you can fit in there :)

Top Bottom