My Disappointing, even PATHETIC Grow!

• Thread starter Kampbe1l
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sambapati

sambapati

First you shot yourself in the foot and then you shot the other foot or the other way round. Show no further mercy or quarter to the equipment; put it all on double secret probation.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

this is what its about, sometimes.

yesterday morning, a little shitty with these clip-ons fans.

today, laugh it off, hey.

my anticipation has grown, keen to clear the tent to start the next batch, keen of course for some results of this current flowering batch. plenty of improvements to implement on 2nd* grow.

one thing i can't capture in words or photos (under LEDS or not!) is the BO of these gals - not sure which strain, or both strains, but i do sometimes open the balcony door to let the cold fresh air in. i like this BO...

sambapati

sambapati

this is what its about, sometimes.

yesterday morning, a little shitty with these clip-ons fans.

today, laugh it off, hey.

my anticipation has grown, keen to clear the tent to start the next batch, keen of course for some results of this current flowering batch. plenty of improvements to implement on 2nd* grow.

one thing i can't capture in words or photos (under LEDS or not!) is the BO of these gals - not sure which strain, or both strains, but i do sometimes opeuren the balcony door to let the cold fresh air in. i like this BO...
Nature is beautiful. Trimming at the base of the mainlined plant. Adding lemon zest topping to the plants in a proactive gambit. Finally got a PH meter in the mail that works. Proly will start adding 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar to each liter to get it down in the low sixes....

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

wandered down to our village, bought milk at the supermarket, strolled to get the newspaper, passed the hardware store, walked out with 10 little pots.

20200808 151735

need to repot the cuttings, which are now clones with established roots.

20200808 160455z

ran out of soil mix, as I used the last of these pots. stop work, ran out of supplies.

need to get another 10+ more of these pots, and ordering soil mix online. running out of small rockwool cubes. need to do a little shop.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

codename G2.

20200806 131547z

it is what it is.

20200806 131552z

leaves quickly yellowed, recently.

20200806 133018z

4th week flowering phase, figure about half way through.

20200806 133023z

do better, next time.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

even my 'operation' has grown into a small garden. most cuttings have stuck root. 3 weeks before official start of spring, 5th week of flowering in the grow-tent, happy days!

20200809 160536

ran out of soil mix and small pots, labelled most of these clones, still happy days!

sambapati

sambapati

even my 'operation' has grown into a small garden. most cuttings have stuck root. 3 weeks before official start of spring, 5th week of flowering in the grow-tent, happy days!

View attachment 1014651

ran out of soil mix and small pots, labelled most of these clones, still happy days!
The 2 most beautiful English words;don't stop.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

accidental harvest, yeah, name of my band or next album!

20200814 135735

no, it was that accident with the fallen fan....

20200814 135739

it's now in a brown paper bag, hanging.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

wow, just got a big woff of sweet mary jane scent, as the exhaust fan kicked in.

i regard this smell as a scent, it bothers me not, it's like catnip making me purr, aftershave, perfume. this sweet scent is an indication hopefully of the taste and strength of the end-product.

and this smell is getting stronger, deeper into their flowering phase.

on the other hand, this smell might be regarded as an odour, even undesirable body odour in that you don't want others to smell it. i don't need a drug dog to detect my stash.

i also always wondered if mainstream population recognises this smell. if you know what it is, you've been around it, though which side of the fence from which you smelt it, i need to be careful about.

i'm melting in this scent....i wish i could bottle it.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i have been keeping a diary, writing it all down - now, decided to keep a calendar online. as my 'operation' has grown from tent into a small garden, so has my record keeping needs grown. i've attached photos to these calendar events.

Capture g calendar

i keep a diary for my aquarium - keeping note of partial water changes, and tank water test results, etc. I like writing things down, so I got a diary for my aquarium, grow, yoyo and kendama progress.

pen is mightier than the PC, no. but i also, now like the idea of having it electronically organised, too. so, i am keeping 2 diaries now, written and online.

records means nothing, unless there's discipline and regularity. so, gotta keep at it, constantly.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

yeah, i see the deficiencies of my grow here.

20200816 163633

i can work on improving my own growing/gardening skills, on the next batch - as I have cuttings of this plant.

20200816 163643z

my primary focus now, is to push this plant to her full maturity - to clear the g-tent, for its next batch.

20200816 163702

i reckon it's nutrient deficiencies - these plants were mainly watered. next grow, i'm changing my watering/feeding with this particular plant's clones.

20200816 163715

still a little way to go, end of her 6th week of flowering phase. happy to just get whatever yield off this plant, make room in the tent.

20200816 163735z

i can't capture its odour in exact words, fruity is the overall description i come up with.

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

View attachment 1017100

i can work on improving my own growing/gardening skills, on the next batch - as I have cuttings of this plant.

View attachment 1017101

my primary focus now, is to push this plant to her full maturity - to clear the g-tent, for its next batch.

View attachment 1017102

i reckon it's nutrient deficiencies - these plants were mainly watered. next grow, i'm changing my watering/feeding with this

View attachment 1017103

particular plant's clones.

View attachment 1017104

still at little way to go. happy to just get whatever yield of this plant, make room in the tent.
What are you plannning on changing about the next grow to prevent deficiencies and lock out? Not sure how much light you’re running and I’m too lazy to scroll back, but that may be an issue along with overwatering. If I were you I’d invest in some fabric pots as they allow better aeration to the root zone. I always add an extra 25% more perlite to my mix even if it already has perlite. Those black nursery pots end up suffocating the rootzone which leads to slower growth and lockout. That’s my own experience. Happy
Grows.
Burnz

sambapati

sambapati

What are you plannning on changing about the next grow to prevent deficiencies and lock out? Not sure how much light you’re running and I’m too lazy to scroll back, but that may be an issue along with overwatering. If I were you I’d invest in some fabric pots as they allow better aeration to the root zone. I always add an extra 25% more perlite to my mix even if it already has perlite. Those black nursery pots end up suffocating the rootzone which leads to slower growth and lockout. That’s my own experience. Happy
Grows.
Burnz
The airpots have the advantage of being able to clearly see what is going on with watering. You just put a wooden BBQ stick in the side and pull it out -- WHAMMO. I blended up several dozen Penfolds corks and used them in the last batch...ran out of perlite....just got in more perlite..... Needless to say I am enjoying reading these exploits and thanks Bernie for your comment about getting more P in my grow....

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

kinda done everything you suggested.

my sickly plants, all but one showing promising signs of rejuvenated strong vegetative growth - despite placed in the lounge room getting just natural light of late winter (protected from outdoor elements). these plants are in either 3-gallon or 5-gallon fabric pots. these patients are starting to recover, and my thoughts are they might be placed back into the g-tent, for the next batch - short vegetative phase for maybe 3/4 weeks under the LED, then their flowering phase.

i've gone between regular plastic pots to these fabric pots - not settling for one over the other. i'm thinking of ordering some air pots, and give them a go. Pots is an ongoing 'experiment' of mine.

i bought a large (50L) bag of perlite early in the grow, which i mix with the soil mix - about 20% perhaps, not 25%. i'm happy with the consistency of the soil mix, in term of its drainage - not sure about the soil mix itself. again, i'm working on my growing skills, rather than blaming the tools, blaming more the tradesman.

not overwatering, though that's that issue above, which we addressed by adding perlite to the soil mix - i have been watering consistently/regularly, with run-off. i did have an issue of overwatering initially, 8 months ago - a change of soil mix, and adding more perlite corrected that issue.

i could have lowered the LED a little - or instead heightened the plants.

i'm happy with this Viparspectra PAR450, it's almost ideal in terms of its power/light output for my small 2x2' tent setup. i checked the pricing recently, as i drool over new lights, and I saw that i bought my Viparspectra at a very good price. i was never spooked by the manufacturer's claims, i just wanted to get a decent set of lights for my small g-tent, and I had to start somewhere, and I'm happy that I started with this PAR450. My plan was always to get the grow setup and operational, then upgrade later.

i didn't feed these plants at all, in this grow - so, next time, maybe light nutrient dosage during its vegetative phase. furthermore, these plants are magnesium-heavy-feeders, which I found out from this experience of this grow.

i only bought some cal-mag about a month ago, and thus only lightly applied this additive to the plants - and the plants have responded with more green, and less purple in their leaves. BBK8D in particular was craving for this Cal-Mag.

G2 also yellowed her leaves early in the flowering phase, which i thought was an indication of not strong or healthy enough during her vegetative growth to sustain her flowering. G3, the smallest plant, which I did wait to grow to a reasonable size (foot and half at start of flowering) shaped up well, and i'm looking forward to growing her clones.

other areas of my own grow skills, which I can improve upon - include training the plants. The G1 plant, i topped and partly manifolded into nice shape - and that shape is something I'm gonna aim for in the next grow. the other plants were more crudely shaped, so there's an area I can improve my growing skills.

another area of my growing skills that i learned from this grow - i have 2 different strains, and there is even slight variations between plants of the same strain. currently, i have 2 plants (G1 and G3) which are similar in their growth pattern, while the BBK8D is distinctively different strain in how it grows and what it demands during her grow. then G2 (which is of the same strain as G1/G3), I just struggled to get her into optimum condition, going into her flowering phase.

i'm juggling between 2 batches to put next into the tent, when i harvest the current batch there. first, to place a couple of the recovering patients into the tent - as they are established plants, rather than the small clones which require vegetative phase. i'm keen to get rid of these older/larger plants, by pushing them towards their harvests.

maybe instead, to keep the next batch in the tent uniform in terms of their genetics, more homogeneous. grow a mixture of G1 and G3 clones, leaving out BBK8D clones. and to grow the BBK8D mainly in my upcoming outdoor season, keeping these 2 strains in their separate grow areas. the patients, too, instead can be grown out over the upcoming outdoor season.

waiting to harvest this current batch in the g-tent, then make this decision of what to do with the next batch.

hopefully these lessons learned, means smoother & more efficient future operations, and better yields/quality in the end-product.

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

my sickly plants, all but one showing promising signs of rejuvenated strong vegetative growth - despite placed in the lounge room getting just natural light of late winter (protected from outdoor elements). these plants are in either 3-gallon or 5-gallon fabric pots. these patients are starting to recover, and my thoughts are they might be placed back into the g-tent, for the next batch - short vegetative phase for maybe 3/4 weeks under the LED, then their flowering phase.

i've gone between regular plastic pots to these fabric pots - not settling for one over the other. i'm thinking of ordering some air pots, and give them a go. Pots is an ongoing 'experiment' of mine.

i bought a large (50L) bag of perlite early in the grow, which i mix with the soil mix - about 20% perhaps, not 25%. i'm happy with the consistency of the soil mix, in term of its drainage - not sure about the soil mix itself. again, i'm working on my growing skills, rather than blaming the tools, blaming more the tradesman.

not overwatering, though that's that issue above, which we addressed by adding perlite to the soil mix - i have been watering consistently/regularly, with run-off. i did have an issue of overwatering initially, 8 months ago - a change of soil mix, and adding more perlite corrected that issue.

i'm happy with this Viparspectra PAR450, it's almost ideal in terms of its power/light output for my small 2x2' tent setup. i checked the pricing recently, as i drool over new lights, and I saw that i bought my Viparspectra at a very good price. i was never spooked by the manufacturer's claims, i just wanted to get a decent set of lights for my small g-tent, and I had to start somewhere, and I'm happy that I started with this PAR450. My plan was always to get the grow setup and operational, then upgrade later.

i didn't feed these plants at all, in this grow - so, next time, maybe light nutrient dosage during its vegetative phase. furthermore, these plants are magnesium-heavy-feeders, which I found out from this experience of this grow.

i only bought some cal-mag about a month ago, and thus only lightly applied this additive to the plants - and the plants have responded with more green, and less purple in their leaves. BBK8D in particular was craving for this Cal-Mag.

G2 also yellowed her leaves early in the flowering phase, which i thought was an indication of not strong or healthy enough during her vegetative growth to sustain her flowering. G3, the smallest plant, which I did wait to grow to a reasonable size (foot and half at start of flowering) shaped up well, and i'm looking forward to growing her clones.

other areas of my own grow skills, which I can improve upon - include training the plants. The G1 plant, i topped and partly manifolded into nice shape - and that shape is something I'm gonna aim for in the next grow. the other plants were more crudely shaped, so there's an area I can improve my growing skills.

another area of my growing skills that i learned from this grow - i have 2 different strains, and there is even slight variations between plants of the same strain. currently, i have 2 plants (G1 and G3) which are similar in their growth pattern, while the BBK8D is distinctively different strain in how it grows and what it demands during her grow. then G2 (which is of the same strain as G1/G3), I just struggled to get her into optimum condition, going into her flowering phase.

i'm juggling between 2 batches to put next into the tent, when i harvest the current batch there. first, to place a couple of the recovering patients into the tent - as they are established plants, rather than the small clones which require vegetative phase. i'm keen to get rid of these older/larger plants, by pushing them towards their harvests.

maybe instead, to keep the next batch in the tent uniform in terms of their genetics, more homogeneous. grow a mixture of G1 and G3 clones, leaving out BBK8D clones. and to grow the BBK8D mainly in my upcoming outdoor season, keeping these 2 strains in their separate grow areas. the patients, too, instead can be grown out over the upcoming outdoor season.

waiting to harvest this current batch in the g-tent, then make this decision of what to do with the next batch.

hopefully these lessons learned, means smoother & more efficient future operations, and better yields/quality in the end-product.
Very good plans. Awesome. We are constantly learning from our plants and other farmers. I, too, am going to utilize LST and supercropping thus run (which I never have). I am not going to top these ladies. Last run I topped and learned lots. I am going to concentrate on really learning how to control my environment this run to better utilize VPD. Happy grows.
Burnz

sambapati

sambapati

View attachment 1017100

View attachment 1017101

View attachment 1017102

i reckon it's nutrient deficiencies - these plants were mainly watered. next grow, i'm changing my watering/feeding with this particular plant's clones.

View attachment 1017103

still a little way to go, end of her 6th week of flowering phase. happy to just get whatever yield off this plant, make room in the tent.

View attachment 1017104

i can't capture its odour in exact words, fruity is the overall description i come up with.

99% of people with written life plans are successful, the other 1% have left the planet. Do you have Epsom Salts>the sadder looking plants would like it, and I am buying some online for my lollipop. We are learning animals and this is also hella fun.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i was looking at getting some epson salts about 2 weeks ago, then it all totally slipped out of my mind.

i was on the hunt when we were out for a shop, then my other half distracted me - distracted me for 2 weeks. she asked me why i'm on the hunt for epsom salt, and here we are.

Top Bottom