My Disappointing, even PATHETIC Grow!

• Thread starter Kampbe1l
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i ran out of small pots to stick my cuttings into. So, I improvised by using 1-gallon fabric pots, a thin layer of clayballs in its bottom, thin layer of soil, plonked the small rockwool cubes onto the soil, then loosely fill soil in between these rockwool cubes, then covered fabric pot by plastic which wrapped our morning newpaper. got 4 cuttings in each 1-gallon fabric pot.

20200723 190112

i ran out of 1-gallon fabric pots.

i haven't ordered a cup of coffee for 4 months...

Last edited:
Hedonisticpsycho

Hedonisticpsycho

the tap water presently is around 7.3 pH, left sitting outside for at least 24 hours lower its reading closer to 7.0 pH. a few drops of diluted pH Down solution, and water adjusted to around 6.5 pH. i am watering so that there is <20% run-off.

i use a 1-litre measuring cup with its small beak, when watering. and then throw a small paddle-pop stick on top of the soil, with the day of the week when it was watered. roughly 6/7 days between watering, depending on the plant's conditions and outdoor weather.

keeping it simple.

i haven't yet bothered doing a slurry test or run-off test - as to me, these plants seem happier, mostly because of its new soil mix. maybe i should, just for curiosity sake.
Just water them when your pots are light. They won’t mind being a bit dry now and again

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

the T5 fluorescent is tripping out. it switched off a couple of times today, and i fiddled with its powerpoint/powerboard, etc. but its not blowing out anything else?

it's playing games with me, toying with me. faulty light fixture?

sambapati

sambapati

You are showing mercy on the light switching and twitching akimbo why? My T600 puts out some nice light. Time for bamboo and scrogging tomorrow -- already have the screen screaming tie me up & down.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

shit, the clip on fan dropped onto the plants - no damage.

20200725 082917

end of 2nd week since flipping to 12/12 on/off light cycle.

20200725 082920

it is what it is.

one plant's leaves are yellowing rather quickly, keep an eye on her.

20200725 082932

prodding along.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

yeah, bit shitty about these sickly plants, including this MK10. this girl went back about 2 months ago, when I was about to flip into her flowering growth phase.

20200725 085757

not sure what happened, trying to figure that out. more importantly, i'm more focused on what to do, to get these sickly plants back towards their full health. i'm trying to figure out what went wrong, by making adjustments (hopefully, corrections).

20200725 085820

i moved the other sickly plant out of the vegetative grow area under the T5 fluorescent light fixtures, out in the lounge room, now just getting natural sunlight & conditions of winter here. i'm thinking of moving this MK10 out to the lounge room.

20200725 085844

i am nursing these sickly plants, and hoping to grow them out this upcoming outdoor season, another 7 months ahead.

i got plenty of genetic stock - plenty of cuttings, which should propagate into established clones as the next batches. i got plenty of time - mention the war - on my side, with spring some 5+ weeks away. this time last year, i was getting ready to coincide with last year's outdoor season, which i badly mistimed - i'm readying now, for this year's outdoor season and my next batch in the grow tent.

20200725 085851

somehow, i got my act together this year, what i wanted to do last year. kinda stumbled my way, finding what works for me. such are the lessons you learn, as you gain experience - something you'll never get, reading up. despite, the lack of results - dried mull in my bowl - thusfar, somethings are getting figured out in the meantime. This experience is invaluable, it helps me become more efficient in future grows, despite the seemingly slow progress at this moment. Hopefully, more mull in the bowl, soon.

20200725 085857

I'm trying to figure out space for the upcoming grows, including another 'guerilla apartment outdoor season'. I have run out of space. and the first thing is to figure out, where these sickly plants are to be homed. in the meantime, i have growing stock of genetic material, needing their space....a better position then i was a year ago...plenty on my plate.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

end of 2nd week, since flipping LED to its 12/12 on/off light cycle.

20200726 130011

the stretch, and formation of small clusters of white hairs, very beginning of their flowering phase.

20200726 130022

some excitement again about this grow.

20200726 130027

sambapati

sambapati

yeah, bit shitty about these sickly plants, including this MK10. this girl went back about 2 months ago, when I was about to flip into her flowering growth phase.

View attachment 1005183

not sure what happened, trying to figure that out. more importantly, i'm more focused on what to do, to get these sickly plants back towards their full health. i'm trying to figure out what went wrong, by making adjustments (hopefully, corrections).

View attachment 1005184

i moved the other sickly plant out of the vegetative grow area under the T5 fluorescent light fixtures, out in the lounge room, now just getting natural sunlight & conditions of winter here. i'm thinking of moving this MK10 out to the lounge room.

View attachment 1005185

i am nursing these sickly plants, and hoping to grow them out this upcoming outdoor season, another 7 months ahead.

i got plenty of genetic stock - plenty of cuttings, which should propagate into established clones as the next batches. i got plenty of time - mention the war - on my side, with spring some 5+ weeks away. this time last year, i was getting ready to coincide with last year's outdoor season, which i badly mistimed - i'm readying now, for this year's outdoor season and my next batch in the grow tent.

View attachment 1005186

somehow, i got my act together this year, what i wanted to do last year. kinda stumbled my way, finding what works for me. such are the lessons you learn, as you gain experience - something you'll never get, reading up. despite, the lack of results - dried mull in my bowl - thusfar, somethings are getting figured out in the meantime. This experience is invaluable, it helps me become more efficient in future grows, despite the seemingly slow progress at this moment. Hopefully, more mull in the bowl, soon.

View attachment 1005187

I'm trying to figure out space for the upcoming grows, including another 'guerilla apartment outdoor season'. I have run out of space. and the first thing is to figure out, where these sickly plants are to be homed. in the meantime, i have growing stock of genetic material, needing their space....a better position then i was a year ago...plenty on my plate.
Try watering the sick ones with club soda and bananna peel tea. Aloe foliar spray might perk up them. Keep it keeping on

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Cuttings!

I don't think there is much to it. Selecting the suitable candidate, the motherplant, is the main question.

Capture cuttings

I had 8 plants, 'motherplants' - now i have 10+ cuttings which has rooted, while most of the other fresh cuttings will soon establish their root systems. I haven't thougtht this one through, I did say I'm making it up as I go along. I think much of it kinda falls into place, just the inertia of get it up & going, go with the flow, whichever way the wind blows.

I fretted over buying a $40 piece of plastic - the plastic clear dome with its plastic tray. I fretted over the local hardware store selling out its $10 product, and not restocking this product for the last 6 months. Now, I found an alternative, cheaper DIY option of makeshift humidity chambers with items I already had. In the end, it was a simple solution to my cutting/cloning station, nothing to fret about.

It's the little things which eats ya, slowly. I was pissing uphill, into the wind!

I dont even mist cuttings these cuttings, no need to. I can see the condensation, humidity underneath its covers - and i can see the cuttings are not wilting, all good signs for their root system to develop.

I took more cuttings than I need, and my success rate is close to 100%. Well, the few I lost were due to my slackness in not giving it a chance to. My grow has organically grown into a garden.

And I don't have space for this garden. I'm beyond maximum capacity, considering that all my grow areas are full with these small cuttings, motherplants and flowering plants. I'm wondering how I'm to shuffle these plants, when they get larger. Again, just make it up as I go along, when I must find a solution.

Not only has my grow grown into a garden - it might have been a misdemeanour and a slap in the wrist before, now its grown into a felony & possible custodian sentence. It's still personal, your worship.

If I can juggle well, i should have a bonanza. Counting my chickens....

sambapati

sambapati

Cuttings!

I don't think there is much to it. Selecting the suitable candidate, the motherplant, is the main question.

View attachment 1006128

I had 8 plants, 'motherplants' - now i have 10+ cuttings which has rooted, while most of the other fresh cuttings will soon establish their root systems. I haven't thougtht this one through, I did say I'm making it up as I go along. I think much of it kinda falls into place, just the inertia of get it up & going, go with the flow, whichever way the wind blows.

I fretted over buying a $40 piece of plastic - the plastic clear dome with its plastic tray. I fretted over the local hardware store selling out its $10 product, and not restocking this product for the last 6 months. Now, I found an alternative, cheaper DIY option of makeshift humidity chambers with items I already had. In the end, it was a simple solution to my cutting/cloning station, nothing to fret about.

It's the little things which eats ya, slowly. I was pissing uphill, into the wind!

I dont even mist cuttings these cuttings, no need to. I can see the condensation, humidity underneath its covers - and i can see the cuttings are not wilting, all good signs for their root system to develop.

I took more cuttings than I need, and my success rate is close to 100%. Well, the few I lost were due to my slackness in not giving it a chance to. My grow has organically grown into a garden.

And I don't have space for this garden. I'm beyond maximum capacity, considering that all my grow areas are full with these small cuttings, motherplants and flowering plants. I'm wondering how I'm to shuffle these plants, when they get larger. Again, just make it up as I go along, when I must find a solution.

Not only has my grow grown into a garden - it might have been a misdemeanour and a slap in the wrist before, now its grown into a felony & possible custodian sentence. It's still personal, your worship.

If I can juggle well, i should have a bonanza. Counting my chickens....
Solution: Make or buy some friends. Give each friend one or two clones. Offer your consultancy service for 15% of their production. Change your name to Komissar Kambee. I have one friend here....but he is having some health issue and hasn't the get up and go to deal with the gardening. My wife has also decreed that no more $$$ be spent on this hobby, so I'm not cloning or clowing around. Hopefully you are moving from pathos to success and thanks for taking us along on ride.....)

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

my pathetic grow, stepping back a little, looking at the bigger picture.

20200103 205209 Gang of 3

the runt of the family back in January

20200119 094758

even wondered to get rid of these pathetic attempts...

20200119 094804

but, persisted in nursing them towards their full health.

20200119 094826

now, the pride of the family,

20200726 130011

leading the way.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Solution: Make or buy some friends. Give each friend one or two clones. Offer your consultancy service for 15% of their production. Change your name to Komissar Kambee. I have one friend here....but he is having some health issue and hasn't the get up and go to deal with the gardening. My wife has also decreed that no more $$$ be spent on this hobby, so I'm not cloning or clowing around. Hopefully you are moving from pathos to success and thanks for taking us along on ride.....)

yup, i keep it quiet. i can only think of 3 ppl who knows about my operations, and they aren't into this thing of ours.

i'm gonna find a way...

sambapati

sambapati

yup, i keep it quiet. i can only think of 3 ppl who knows about my operations, and they aren't into this thing of ours.

i'm gonna find a way...
Less is More unless of course you can get more. You can do it.. My plants went from 19.5" to 23" in 4 days. Tomorrow raise the light (again). My small Thai plant 7" in 17 days.
I got a PH pen in the mail. LUCY we're going to have some dongers popping soon.

Hedonisticpsycho

Hedonisticpsycho

Just wondering. Assuming you smoke what you grow, does this mean she would rather you pay a 1000% mark up on the weed you smoke?
Show her the math. Growing is way cheaper than buying already grown.
Check out one of my posts for costs
Of growing. But I’m sure you realize the cost advantage.
Peace brother.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

just wondering about the one plant which has purple leaves. apparently, genetically it has a tendency to have purple hues on its leaves.

but purple leaves could be sign of magnesium deficiency - caused either by magnesium deficiency itself or pH imbalance.

i have been feeding/watering between 6.1 to 6.3 pH levels. lower pH makes the magnesium more available to the plant to 'consume'.

interestingly, i read that this strain is not recommended for coco grow, because of this heavy magnesium feeding trait.

i'm not going to start lowering with pH levels of watering, not now 3 weeks into flowering phase - but any thoughts here?

i've taken some cuttings of this plant - and one other improvement is that i am labelling my cuttings better, so I know what's what. I got it all muddled now, sticking to strict labelling of my cuttings so i don't do that anymore...i regressed, so i am planning to grow these cuttings differently to see if i get different/better results in future grow. also, one cutting is designated for the 2nd DWC, to see if I can maintain motherplants in that system.

somewhat related topic - for my other 3 plants too, which are of different strain to this 'purple' plant - do i need to look into getting some cal-mag for my soil mix grow?

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

[HOW TALL ARE THEY NOW
this heavy magnesium feeding trait indicates you will need the cal/mag Nooner or Laterer. I have also started taking Magnesium supplements after reading how people's natural magnesium is being depleted by additional stress. You can also give Lorraine and Penelope the cal/mal and see if the other plants notice. I put one piece of chalk in each plant, figuring that the plant can absorb it from the soil over time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom