My ez clone officially sucks

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ilaughlast

the problem isnt over thought. the problem is pathogens. im actually hitting high marks these days. %s in the high 90s at about 7-10 days. that wasnt true before i figured some shit out. i had all but given up cloning. people having issues would have less if they did what im doing. the reason that people hit a brick wall isnt because they arent doing everything that everyone like yourself suggests . everyone who has no problems cant understand why peolple who do, do. thAT is until they experience this too. a pathogen in the rez that cant be cleaned out with bleach will stump the most seasoned cloner. its not obvious what to do once this starts to happen. there is a thread on another site that goes into this quite well. i was stumped and quit using my cloner til i read that thread by snype. i didnt exactly do it just the same as him on the aerocloner but it explained what was happening and from there it was easy as cake mix again. when its easy,its fucking easy and when its not, no recap of the basic cloning playbook will help. you got to treat it instead of disinfecting it. but yes, D.I. your method sounds as solid as any in the absence of a embedded infection in the internal workings of the cloner. they all work the first few rounds and even longer for some. but when they dont there is another chapter in the new addition of the aerocloner playbook that folks having issues should read. btw 78-82 Degrees will give you faster results. but thats an advanced style. while higher temps give faster roots you have to know that the higher the temp the more dialed your hygene must be in the rez. pathogens give sloooooooooow results if any at any temp.
Don't over think it. In between cuts wash with 50/50 bleach and water. Keep your water temp 65* and use 60ml power clone. These are my last cuts 50% gifted unknown strain and 50% LAD.

I

ilaughlast

my revised method for aerocloner solution as follows:
all credit to snype!(cut and pasted from him)

After I add 10 Gallons of tap water, I add:

20 mL General Hydroponic FloraMicro
30 mL General Hydroponic FloraBloom
3 mL SuperTHRIVE (yes i know its generally regarded as snake oil but it contains a few plant hormones that make shit more zippy)
0.5 mL Clorox Bleach or until reached the desired ppm of chlorine
i would also like to mention that dipping clones in dip n grow is very in inexspensive and gives you an edge but its not necessary. 20x dilution for no more than a few seconds. just before you plug em in dip em. they uptake it and it doesnt matter that the solution washes off as soon as you pu it in. the point is that it goes into the flesh and through the stem. it doesnt take much at all.
reapply bleach as chlorine ppm drops or every few days.
clean rez and treat with erythromyacin for six days if problems excede the ability of a normal wash and bleach type cleaning.

DO IT

DO IT

Yeah u guess different strokes for different folks ;) I run more of a commercial opp so I need my both of my 120 site machines on full 24/7/365 the only time I don't have cuts in them is when I plant and wash the machine. This only takes 1 day so the next day it's back in service with 120 fresh cuts

I

ilaughlast

Yeah u guess different strokes for different folks ;) I run more of a commercial opp so I need my both of my 120 site machines on full 24/7/365 the only time I don't have cuts in them is when I plant and wash the machine. This only takes 1 day so the next day it's back in service with 120 fresh cuts
sweet. i just got one of those 165 sites from botanicare they are fucking awesome. i guess you are just running a clean shop. the extra mile is for problem situations. if i can load and empty without problems i will but i clean hard between. i think if you are actively loading and reloading that much you are not ever letting bacteria sit in there. i think part of peoples problem is letting a bad round run forever and never root. meanwhile really growing shit in the rez. it should be dumped if things are lagging and refilled imo. ive thought about just using flood tables with a lid. cut holes for neoprine plugs and lay a similar manifold in the table plumbed through and out to a bigg rez that has a pump. you could run multible tables just like an aero growing system and control your rez alot easier. i was going through 100 a week in the spring to supply bigger patient caregivers through contracts and i thought about setting that up.

I

ilaughlast

The only time I ever had pathogen or slime problems was when my water temp would go above 75*. I read a post jack put up a few years ago where he said he was running chillers to keep the temp down and the problems to a minimum.
sounds like its working for ya. cant argue with jack. hahah i know what works for me. it seems the warmer i go the faster it roots but yes with increased risk.

urban1026835

urban1026835

Anymore I just take 2 cuts at a time,rooting powder, & straight into a cup of moist coco.

Whichever seems to look better in a week or so when they root I leave in that cup and the other I try to gently remove and transplant then gift to a friend of mine locally.

maybe mist 1-2 times while waiting for roots but pretty close to 100% success and no more dome and gels what not.

I do give the cuts I am keeping a dunk in jellyfish once they are rooted.

FiveAM

FiveAM

So after reading this thread, and then trying other methods I've gone back to bleaching the shit outta everything between cloning sessions. Run a 15 on, 15 off timer and this room is hot as an oven about 6 hours a night until i get it opened up every morning.

Pure success. Last two rounds been a total of 64/64 clones, had a few grow a little slow on me, but nothing to chirp about.

Thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge here. I know for one, it saved me a lot.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Yeah buddy that's the guy! He's got a thumb that's for sure. I had been in hydro stores but was to intimidated to give it a shot until reading his tutorials. If it wasn't for him I'd still be growing in home depot soil with miracle grow tomato formula. Matter of fact it was his threads that made me join the online community. fruit cocktail dank sounds delicious!
My Boy in SoCal used to hang with that dude hard core, got me his white widow cut I rocked it for years. Frostyist stinkist shit ever. Smelt like Fruit Cocktail. Dank ass shit.

His white widow grows were INSANE. I never got nugs that big off that cut. He was putting out two liter size nugs. Serious shit.

DO IT

DO IT

Al I did was read Jacks thread and followed his instructions. If you do the same you to can have roots like this.....

homegrownking

homegrownking

Legal I had the exact same challenge not too long ago Turbo Kloner started off w/ 100% success rate for many years, then suddenly the dampening off issue started. The main cause of unsuccessful cloning in aerocloners is bacteria that cause dampening off or stem rot. I tried diluted bleach, and many antibacterial sterilizing products without any luck. I then thought of using what they use in pools to get rid of all the pee germs, granular pool shock. I diluted at a rate of .5-1 gram(powder) per gallon, ran it through my system and then rinsed thoroughly by running clean water through the system right after. Back to 100%. Just make sure to rinse well to leave no residuals. After, as Do It states, follow JackMAyOffer's cloning Techniques. Works like a charm.

Last edited:
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Bleach and rinse before each round, homemade DIY cloner for cheap, unheated rez on a cold floor so I leave the pump on all the time to keep it at 65 or above but never above 70, change water at 1 week, by end of week 2 usually 100%.
Also use probiotic stuff, usually GH. Used to use Voodoo Juice too, but its too fng costly.

Remember that warm water has little oxygen, hurts your aerobic bacteria and encourages nasty anaerobics. Cooler rez temps work well for me. Not looking to chance it.

Used to fail miserably with rockwool, heat mats, dome, all that. DIY cloner works always.
Just my 2 cents.
But Im reading cloning threads to speed up the process. Just not willing to try that with warm water. I have pythium, slime, all that. Worse than spidermites. Well, maybe not.

S

smoothbud

I had troubles when my water temps got warm. I got an Ice Probe Chiller and a potentiometer now my temps are right where I set em with no variation. I used to try and keep it good by using freezer packs and swapping them out often.Set it and forget it is nice ; )

Desertboy

Desertboy

Whilst I love my aerocloner recently I had to go from 10's of clone at a time to 1000's and I've found when dealing with large plant numbers it's easier to build the room for cloning rather than run multiple aercloners in your veg room. I use standard props and jiffy 7's for cloning. I never use rooting hormones as we notice no difference in clone rates and only slight improvement in cloning times which are irrelevant to us.

The plants I'm cloning are considerably more difficult than MJ to root and I still get 98% success rate but I control temp and humidity in my clone room.

Top Bottom