My favorite strain list!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

I went through a lot of TK pictures. It's so hard to tell when a cut is just vegging. If it was possible to tell just in veg we wouldn't have all these fake cuts. Flower is really what is going to determine what it is. Venoms cut does appear to have a different leaf pattern but my cut also has about five different leaf patterns one which looks like venoms also.

The TK is reported to have a pine, sandalwood smell. Loompa's TK, I would consider to be lemon, pine but I did not smell or taste sandlewood at all. There's just so much conflicting info. This TK cut is nearly dead on with pictures Philthy posted, supposedly they are Money Mikes pics. When I have time I will post comparison pictures.

N

nightmarecreature

Hey, Venom818. I was reading at the Mag and someone by the name of SubZ-ro said, "Known S1 from Venom818" and posted a pic. Is he saying your TK is fake? Or is this an S1 you grew out?
User412573 pic1150307 1381779320

N

nightmarecreature

Something is seriously wrong. I smoked Loompa's TK and it was Lemon/Pine, no Sandalwood at all. A few people here and at the Mag are saying Lemon Pine. Venom818 and GM are saying Sandalwood/pine. Both cuts look different. Venom818 and GM cut look to be larger yielding. The other lemon/pine TK looks like my cut and is smaller yielding. My cut looks a lot like Limelight's cut.
A lot of people say the TK is the mother of all OG's. Why would the mother of all OG's smell and taste like Sandalwood? It wouldn't, most OG's have lemon,pine,fuel. The lemony TK being the original makes more sense to me. I'm just looking at the evidence. It seems there are two TK phenos, both being called the original or the one.

SubZ-ro:

Make your own conclusions.

Known Real Deal from LIMELIGHT
User412573 pic1150305 1381779183

User412573 pic1150306 1381779183

Known S1 from Venom818
User412573 pic1150307 1381779320

User412573 pic1150308 1381779320

My TK cut.
IMG 0071

IMG 0111

N

nightmarecreature

Did it occur to you that the Mother of all Og's might be different tasting since it's her offspring that are the OGK you prob know, i.e. lemon pine. YOu mention pine in both cuts and to verify a cut by internet pictures seems pointless to me. Just grow it and if you like it keep it if not toss it. Why try so hard to fit in?

Yes, I did. I did not get a reply, so I took it further and dug up what I could.

You can't really verify anything till you actually smoke it.

SFV, Hells Angel come to mind when I think of lemon. The other TK, there is never any mention of lemon. I'm sure both cuts are fire. There just seems to be two phenos.

Just bringing up the TK, is always like poking a caged lion with a stick. It really provokes some people. Even OGK seems to cause the same thing.

Shamus

Shamus

is that how u think of yourself? those girls look like some of my ex's

S

steelcanaries

Is the tk the most finicky to grow outta all of em? What is the preferred method for getting og kush to come out the most desirable way? Grow em huge in dwc? GH ferts not organics? Curious. Any experts out there have any tips on how to dial em in right? ExtrA cal mag too right?

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
For the record, Ive never grown the TK. Some very good friends of mine have though. I still couldnt get a cut, thats how much it was locked. The TK was the most on locked cut Ive ever came across. Only a small group of stand up, real deal, no bullshit cats had there hands on it. Most of which were from the FL. After shutting down and taking a break from the online world, I came back to see everyone and their mom claiming to have the TK. I was blown away by this! I know a couple folks that made S1's and crosses and passed em out(like Cannapits). I know a few made there way around Co.(was a higher yielding more Indica leaning than the TK). Some of which were passed around as the real deal. Ive smoked the buds and seen pics of their REAL TK. They looked exactly like LIMELIGHT's. I also know that BP has the real deal..

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Yes, I did. I did not get a reply, so I took it further and dug up what I could.

You can't really verify anything till you actually smoke it.

SFV, Hells Angel come to mind when I think of lemon. The other TK, there is never any mention of lemon. I'm sure both cuts are fire. There just seems to be two phenos.

Just bringing up the TK, is always like poking a caged lion with a stick. It really provokes some people. Even OGK seems to cause the same thing.
I don't mind who has the TK, the skill of the grower will shine on any varietal. I find it comical that folks aren't sure if they have it or not though. You know if you have the real deal cause the person who would be giving it to you wouldn't be lying or mislabeling if they were serious artists. Relying on the internet for any verifying seems like you can't trust who your sourcing cuts from, imo.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
the TK going around colorado IS NOT the original. its the bigger yielding not so swollen looking one that everyone claims to be real deal.

just cause it has 3 leafers and a few thumbers means its real though in CO.... dont forget that HAHA

Exactly..

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
The original TK is from Ricky AKA Cornbread. I know there are definitely a few TK's going around that are fakes. NMC, that cut that Venom posted on ICMAG was an S1, he clearly stated it in his thread there. Don't think he's even running that one at all.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Ethics in the naming and handing out of cuts should be a top priority for any gardener who cares about the Genus :D
It's sad to see people blinded by the $$$

I gotta say, once the "Med" scene blew up in Cali and Co. Ethics for the most part went out the window. Makes me glad to NOT be in a med state...

N

nightmarecreature

I don't mind who has the TK, the skill of the grower will shine on any varietal. I find it comical that folks aren't sure if they have it or not though. You know if you have the real deal cause the person who would be giving it to you wouldn't be lying or mislabeling if they were serious artists. Relying on the internet for any verifying seems like you can't trust who your sourcing cuts from, imo.

I'm not doubting what I have is real. Venom simply asked me for more pics. I posted them. I stood up for what I believe is legit. I pointed out Limelights cut looks a lot like my cut and the TK I have smoked was lemony.

I do NOT sell meds. I'm not in this for money. It's strictly a hobby and whatever hobby I'm into, I strive for the best. I like the TK because it's one of the better smokes out there. Its going to be nice to give a few nugs of the TK to people and watch them smile. I'm just simply going to document the 14 or so cuts I have. I have no competition here with anyone.

Venom818

Venom818

Something is seriously wrong. I smoked Loompa's TK and it was Lemon/Pine, no Sandalwood at all. A few people here and at the Mag are saying Lemon Pine. Venom818 and GM are saying Sandalwood/pine. Both cuts look different. Venom818 and GM cut look to be larger yielding. The other lemon/pine TK looks like my cut and is smaller yielding. My cut looks a lot like Limelight's cut.
A lot of people say the TK is the mother of all OG's. Why would the mother of all OG's smell and taste like Sandalwood? It wouldn't, most OG's have lemon,pine,fuel. The lemony TK being the original makes more sense to me. I'm just looking at the evidence. It seems there are two TK phenos, both being called the original or the one.

SubZ-ro:

Make your own conclusions.

Known Real Deal from LIMELIGHT
View attachment 352605
View attachment 352606

Known S1 from Venom818
View attachment 352610
View attachment 352607

My TK cut.
View attachment 352608
View attachment 352609

I also said fuel

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I gotta say, once the "Med" scene blew up in Cali and Co. Ethics for the most part went out the window. Makes me glad to NOT be in a med state...
It is also what seperates the real from the fake. Every type of business has this shit going on. I'm glad im in a "med"state as I've lived in non as well. No comparison.

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Shit I've had the fake tk s1 for a while now and it's some dank nugs, but it doesn't compare tk the real deal... Two different tastes all together, and the weight dept is night and day.. The s1 is a Low yielding girl from the real deal whos said to be a better yield, I've never had the pleasure so I cannot speak on its yield.. What ever u got, how's about u stop vegging and flower that fake girl..

Here's a reference pic of the fake tk s1 leaf and some nugs.. Has a little lemon but not to dominate flavor, more kush goodness.. Some nice smoke if u don't have the real one.. The wider leaf seems to be a dead give away..

Top Bottom