• Thread starter Toaster79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toaster79

Toaster79

Hello community!!!

Been lurking around here for a while, an wanted tro try myself at growing some of my own babys. Had some seede buds and thought what the heck, why not try. So put those seedes on wet paper, never really expecting them to come out. Boy was I wrong. They all came out, so decided to put them in siol. That's how it started. Seedlings started to grow and potted them. A t first they were sitting on my window ledge, but they got rather big, and all became too dangerous, so decided to build me a growbox. Had some spare LEDs already, only neede to buy some heatsinks and a LED driver. Did some work in my closet, and this is what I came up with:

WP 20140630 001
Toaster79

Toaster79

I have actually none experience in growing. My closet measures 20"x40" and my lightning is 55W LED, that is approx. 5000 lumens of light. Still need to cover the walls with aluminum foil for light reflection and mount some fans over the heatsinks to get some warmer air to the plants and also some air movement won't hurt them. At the moment I'm runing those lights 18/6, but haven't got the idea when to turn them to 12/12. Girls are approx 8 weeks old meaning they should be much bigger but I'm in a no hurry. Temperatures are between 22 and 25 deg C and humidity is at approx 50%. Let's see how it goes.

But I do have a question. How to get rid of lice? I found some on my girls and don't want any troubles with them. I've read that a milk/watter spray should help, but don't know if that's true. Any advice would be appreciated.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@Toaster WELCOME to Da greatest source for friends of weed and knowledge on the free world.... ok well one of um
As you know a plethora of great threads and growers who like to share what they know matriculate to the farm.
Your DIY set up is killer start and your babies appear mooch o happy with you.
So pull up a chair pick a few good buds from your head stash and....

Get You Grow ON

PS yes air movement a must
CAPULATORS OG BioWar for bugs in the soil
if you been searching the threads a bit You can find him in Caps Beneficial thread well worth the read.
Seamaiden rocks the knowledge too good luck brother and keep um green

sending you good Vibes
FlyJ

Toaster79

Toaster79

I actually ment this green little bugs which I mostly found on roses. They are really small, transparently green with long back legs. They look kind of like this http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/research-innovations/stories/scientists-discover-bacteria-that-help-pests-change-color

urban1026835

urban1026835

I am sure one of the outdoor guys or indoor guys(-ones who have 1st hand experience -)with your particular pest will chime in, just be patient as sometimes it may take a couple days to get the answer to your problem.

There are times I did things I wish I hadn't just because I could not find the info I needed an then ended up creating more problems then i originally had.

straincreation

straincreation

Root aphids? Where are you seeing these bugs, because root aphids do not expose them selves as juveniles above ground, only when they can fly. And they dont look this way once they mature and grow wings and start flying into the canopy.

Your plants look good I dont see any bug damage, one suggestion I can say is if you plan to flower there you should top those ladies that ceiling is tight. This will help the ladies not be so lanky and floppy. But best of luck.

Happy Farmin;);)

Toaster79

Toaster79

Thank you guys for a really warm welcome.

@straincreation : the tallest girl has still 30cm(1 foot) to the ceiling, others minimum 40cm. If I decide to top the tallest one, where do I cut her?

I've also noticed some abnormalities with some of the fan leaves. What is my problem. They were repotted 6 days ago, using the same soil as before but I aded some pelets of cow manure.

Fan Leaves not OK
Spacing
The tallest girl
straincreation

straincreation

Whats your temps at it could be a bit of heat stress doesnt look like any thing major, could even be the pheno. I say you top 2 to 3 nodes down man.

What happen with those pests man. Did you see any tisssue damage caused by whatever they were.or any other problems.I mean your ladies look to be doing fine

Toaster79

Toaster79

About the bugs, it must have been panic attack. They seem to be all gone now. I've topped the highest girl as you said, 2-3 nodes down (with tears in my eyes). Hopefully I haven't F'd up. What do I do with the toping? I put some nutes in water together with the toped part and placed it together with the other girls. If it doesn't start to grow some roots, well, bad luck. And I'm mouting some fans in there, but not right now, since I'm broke and have to wait for the next two weeks. And then I'm adding extra 50W of lighting with 2700K CCT for flowering. I don't think I have temperature issues since the temperature is constant 24deg C. But I have found one fan leave quiet nasty. What do I do with it. Should I cut the bad part away or just leave it be?

Thank you all for help so far

WP 20140701 011
WP 20140701 013
WP 20140701 014
WP 20140701 015
WP 20140702 004
WP 20140702 005
WP 20140701 010
straincreation

straincreation

Good work I say to take off the two bottom shoots just 2 though, that leaf looks like a bit of nute burn but its funny looking but doesnt look to bad at all. It should bounce out of it. It doesnt look like anything to bad if it progresses than maybe a good flush is in order, if the girls havent had any nutes at all they might be just getting acclimated to it.

About the cut I think its a bit to small for a clone I mean ive done one that small and it has worked but for this I think you should just toss it until you get humi dome and maybe some clone solution, or you can leave it and see what it does. Its all part of the learning experience. I jnow its sad the first time you have to chop that growth youve waited so long for but its all for the better man she will biunce back and be a mor stable plant vertically, also no nutes in the clone water, straight water, or straight water with some rooting hormones only . Ph to 5.5.
Your looking good man. If it doesnt grow roots not bad luck no such thing as bad luck you reap what you sow. Its just the circumstances your in that will cause it not to root.

If you plant to flower in these pits I would plan it soon cause these ladies will grow out of those pots fast, and if your not feeding any chelated ferts they will use up all the nutes that are there pretty fast.

Just do the damn thing and learn from your mistakes. Do your homework and you should be just fine man. Dont be lazy and youll have a decent harvest.you can find alot of info on these forums man. Thspis why you have gotten as far as you have so just keep reading.

If you reach an impass then ask. We will see what we can do best of luck happy farmin man;)

straincreation

straincreation

Again these are just some thoughts I dont want you to take everything I say and think its all gonna be better, these are things ive experieced over my years of growing.
Ive been growing for many years but there is farmers here that have been growing many more. So like I said there tons of info here , just cant be lazy.

Main thing to remember with any thing is , you will never learn if you dont try it good or bad its all part of the process. So if in doubt read up on it and take a whack at it log the out come thats how you learn bro.
Happy farmin;)

Toaster79

Toaster79

Thanks for your support :)

I guess I really have to pull up a chair and wait for the outcome.

About the soil and nutes: this is what I have been using. Fed the plants only once two weeks ago and added some cow manure pellets to the soil when transplanting a week ago, since then used only plain water. Are these nutes any good for my girls or should I bee looking for something else?

Also found one of these green little fuckers on my plants. Don't know what it is, but doesn't seem to do any harm to my my girls.

I know that all the info I'm looking for is all around this place, I've read really alot so far, but one thing is reading and completly another thing is actually doing it. I also don't want to do anything wrong or at least so little as possible, that's why all those questions which may seem unnecessary to you experienced guys. Also since I'm in Europe, some stuff is quiet hard to get around here.

Happy farmin to you all:happy:

p.s.: sorry for the crappy pics, I have only my phone camera on hand :(

WP 20140702 006
WP 20140702 007
WP 20140702 010
WP 20140702 011
WP 20140702 013
WP 20140702 014
Toaster79

Toaster79

These two girls were raised by me and given to my friend. They seem to be doing great :happy: I have seven more outside but haven't got to see them yet.

V  FA16
straincreation

straincreation

Ok so here we go. So the bug look like an aphid so say you get some neem, or azamax and spray before it gets out of control. I know your broke right now but when you do have money go to the hydro store and get some, if no hydro store then order online . Ferts I say to drop the scotts man. I mean if its for edible crops then thats good and all but you can get much better for the same price. Like jacks or some other complete fert. The cow maure is fine. And soil should do ok also maybe get some perlite in it but you can wjait to see what hapoens and change next time good luck man.
Happy farmin;)

Toaster79

Toaster79

Mate, thanks for all the help and concern!!! I really apreciate it. That green little bug is Pea Aphid http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acyrthosiphon_pisum. Went to gardners store and armed me with some stuff. I'm going mediveal on this little fuckers. Found a spray that is a solution of some kind of oil and is against aphids and oder pests, also found Neem. Got me some of those sticky yellow tapes and some root hormones. I've already sprayed my girls, need to prepare some Neem solution and water them with it. Dipped the cut in root hormones and put it in the soil. Let's see it it makes it. Also noticed that my girls are ready to flower, but I think I'm gonna wait a few weeks for them to get stronger.

Thank again for your time and concern!

Love this place

Good vibes

WP 20140703 001
WP 20140702 016
WP 20140702 020
WP 20140703 007
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom