• Thread starter Toaster79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@Toaster
Looks like you have been movin right along, for a 1st grow your doing great, be consistent with your ladies water the same time feed the same time. It is better to cut crop or trim take a cutting for cloning about 1 hr after watering,
FYI ( Think breathing)
your plant is a living breathing entity get the air moving.
IMO your doing Spot on Brother
Keep it green
FlyJ

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm trying to stick to the timing of watering and feeding. I do it once a week. Watering on Saturdays and feeding on Wednesdays. Still working on that vent. Can't find a smaller one, that would fit in my box. Also need to mount some vents on those heatsinks and I'm adding another 50W of warm white (2700K CCT) lighting in next two weeks. They seem not to get enough light and the growth is continuing really slowly.
they should be bursting but they hardly show any progress.

Toaster79

Toaster79

@FlyinJStable you were so right about time and patience. Just when I thought they were starting to sabotage me, I fed them and watered them. They are bursting in the sky right now. They grew another inch over the night. Yesterday evening I decided to try my hand at LST, so I tied two of them down, today in the morning they turned theyr heads up and started reaching for light. So, I tied another two down. I'll be twisting and knitting them in circle to fill the place up as much as possible.

And I've had another thought. Since my girls need CO2 to breathe, can I shake a bottle of mineral water and let the gas out? It cann't hurt them or? So since mineral water is reach of minerals and salts, can I water them with it? Again, it can't hurt them, can it?

WP 20140704 002
WP 20140704 004
WP 20140704 005
WP 20140704 006
Supercharge

Supercharge

Got too much stretch on them in my opinion. I'd up the light intensity if I were you.

The CO2 from a bottled of mineral water would make a negligible difference. Also, not a good idea to water with it. It'll probably lead to a build up of mineral and a host of issues as a result.

Toaster79

Toaster79

So no mineral water. They are way too stretched alright, but under the conditions I've started this grow the look more than fine. I've raised them on a window ledge turned to the west, so the only got direct sunlight in late afternoon. For extra light they will have to wait another two weeks, but I can lower existing lights.

Supercharge

Supercharge

Yes, they do look good considering all things, I think you've done well so far. They certainly look healthy enough. I've never used LEDs, but if they're like CFLs then you can have them a few inches from the leaves without harming the plants. But maybe best to wait for someone with more experience with LEDs to chime in before you do anything.

Toaster79

Toaster79

LEDs dissipate heat through heatpad on their back sides into the heatsink. At approx 25% efficiency they turn 25% of power into light in front and 75% of energy turns into heat. Since I don't have any vents, all the heat is radiated upwards due to natural convection. That's how I keep constant temperature in the box (24 deg C constantly). Meaning that I can keep those lights just a few inches away from them, but that's not too good of idea because yu get crappy light distribution. So it's better to keep them a bit further away and have light reflected from the walls. At the moment I'm running 6500K + 4500K CCT, but like I mentioned, I'll be adding 2700K CCT for flowering to cover the missing red light spectrum.

Toaster79

Toaster79

So i pulled the skirts of my girls having them showing their legs. Removed more or less everything that's not getting enough light. Also flipped them to 12/12, and will be reducing to 10/14, shortening every day for 20 minutes. Now lets see how they will do:D

WP 20140711 001
WP 20140711 002
WP 20140711 003
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hey T79
Looking good ,,,, IMO
as your 1st run shorting the bloom Photo phase without temp set and or right dead on humidity you can stress out your ladies
to the point herming
Keep her 12/12 or 11.5/12.5 most so you can see what happens

Go EZ and take a cutting or two
veg them up and
try your hand at the whole Photo Periods.... just a thought
I know you will do great
Good buds and Karma
FlyJ

Toaster79

Toaster79

Hey FlyJ!!!

Always appreciate advice from an experienced guy like you. So better not play with photo periodes at this stage? I'll stick to that then. Well the temperatures and RH are constant, 25*C 60% with lights on and 23*C 70% lights off. Next week I'm installing extra lightning for flowering and fans, to keep the temperatures an RH in range. Once again thanks for your advice.

++++Vibes

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I am, so to, always learning.....
and IMO I know you will have your gear dialed in sweet and dank.
keep it green
have a good night
I need sleep been working my ass off trying to fin my new rooms One man job
away from everyone.
love it
Peace flyJ

Toaster79

Toaster79

Have a good sleep, it's 6:30AM here and I'm bustin' my ass off at day job on sutarday. Been up since 3:00AM. Man that sucks!

Toaster79

Toaster79

Houston, we have a liftoff!!!

So far positive on one male and one female plant, the rest will need a day or two to show their sex. But, I'm a bit dissapointed since my strongest plant is a male. I think I have at least one more male in there, but as I said, time will show.

WP 20140716 002
WP 20140716 003
straincreation

straincreation

You are correct sir. dont be to upset thats usually the case when it comes down to it. Males must grow faster and taller than there female counterpart for succesful pollenation, ladies tend to grow a bit more stout than the males. This is just the way nature intended it. everything looks great cant wait to see how you do. dont say you got one more male they might hear you. Jk
Happy farmin;)

straincreation

straincreation

And just to make sure you didnt change light to 10 14 right 12/12 is where youwanna be .

Toaster79

Toaster79

:pI'm sticking to 12/12. Whether they can hear me or not, there's actually not much I can do, is it :D

Oh, and I'm 95% sure, the other one is actually male. Hopefully I'll be left with at least two girls.

+++Vibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom