My First Clone Job

• Thread starter Don Peppy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Max Frost

Max Frost

HAHA!! :) SUCCESS!! ;) Right on man! Now onto the Happy Frog to start veggin'! See bro...that's a fun and painless process. I guarantee you, you'll wind up with clones all over the place eventually! haha! It's really cool to take waaay more than yo need, and then select only the best of the best in terms of structure and vigor as your keepers. Congrats, bro on a very successful first attempt!

Best,

Max :wacky:

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

This is a pic of the blue lemon thai plug.. This cut was made straight.. all cuts have been placed in FF HF soil & resting well.. I will keep going on this diary, and we will watch them grow up together.. And also.. Thanks Max for getting me pumped and going on this project.. Its been long over due.. And thanks so much for all your generous giving and helpful pm's.. Donny P
DSC03462

Max Frost

Max Frost

They look super, bro! Looks like you've gotten plenty of warnings on the addictive nature of cloning, so I won't nag ya further! But consider yourself WARNED!!! We don't wanna see any emergency posts on how to control the odor while flowering 4500 cuttings under a 400!!! :eek: Well...you've inspired me, DP! Gonna have to dust off the razor blade myself here pretty soon. I definitely want to take cuts to preserve all the genetics I've got going right now, so I'll be doing a little cloning myself here in another week or two. I hope mine come out as well as yours, and I'll be a happy camper. PEACE!

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

The gals are hanging in there.. All in 1 gal pots, with FF HF soil.. blt's on the left, and ak's on the right.. Watering with Liquid Karma, 2 tsp per gal, every other watering.. Right rear ak has really stretched compared to the others..

DSC03529

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

looking very good. ive seen success w/almost every way mentioned and failure.......when you find what works stay with it.

i get 100% success and never spray them or use humidity dome. i do as most but i scrape the outer layer of the cut ~1/2" @ bottom. its a feel thing and i use schultz rooting powder and cut fans / leaves to limit photosynthesis due to no roots and put them in rapid rooter's and keep tap h20 in the bottom of the tupperware dish they are in. depending on strain within 6-10 days to fully rooted.

peace

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

looking very good. ive seen success w/almost every way mentioned and failure.......when you find what works stay with it.

i get 100% success and never spray them or use humidity dome. i do as most but i scrape the outer layer of the cut ~1/2" @ bottom. its a feel thing and i use schultz rooting powder and cut fans / leaves to limit photosynthesis due to no roots and put them in rapid rooter's and keep tap h20 in the bottom of the tupperware dish they are in. depending on strain within 6-10 days to fully rooted.

peace

Thanks for stopping by and sharing brother.. I wish my garden was bigger so I could do more cloning and try different methods.. I'm itching to make some more cuts! I hope my first time cloning is nothing like winning the first time going to Las Vegas..lol Thanks DP

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

it took some time before i settled w/my current method and thats why i say stick w/what works until you can afford to loose a cut.

well, double down on the cuts. the more the merrier.

peace

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

just wanted to post a pic of how addictive cloning is...........you will have clone treys stashed in the shade of your veggin girls. i have 2 treys going at all times to keep up w/variety of smoke.

between rooted clones and veggin girls im running ~50 in a 4'x4' tent under 400mh.

G13 clones

Max Frost

Max Frost

Yep...finding a working cloning technique is like being handed the keys to the kingdom! Looking great, DP! How long is it taking for them to root for you? I find, while all strains are a little different, most of mine are showing their first roots in about 6 days...and are well rooted and ready to plant at 9-10 days. Are you rooting under the 400 or under a T-5? (I was thinking it was the T-5). I LOVE T-5's for rooting cuts (also for veg growth, but that's another story). IMO...nothing roots better. I run my T-5 with 25% bloom spectrum bulbs and 75% veg. I really think the red light given off by the blom bulb helps them to root better/faster too. Just what I've noticed in my rooms over the years.

just wanted to post a pic of how addictive cloning is...........you will have clone treys stashed in the shade of your veggin girls. i have 2 treys going at all times to keep up w/variety of smoke.

between rooted clones and veggin girls im running ~50 in a 4'x4' tent under 400mh.

View attachment 342852

Looks real nice SSH! I see some water sitting in the tray with the rooting plugs. Do you usually keep a puddle and let them draw it up, or was that pic just taken right after watering? I'm just curious as to how much you let them dry out. I also really envy you being able to run that many. It would really make things easier and it would be GREAT being able to run more strains at a time. The laws here are pretty severe. I could get 20 years for having that many. I try to keep my numbers around 15 at any given time. Sometimes, it will get up to around 20-ish during cloning. That's just because I take more cuts than I plan to use. I like to let them run a few days and then pick the best and discard the rest. So my max is 20 and that includes mother plants, cuts, seedlings, early and late veg and flowering plants.

I grow ONLY for personal med reasons. I NEVER sell or give away any. (I can't...nobody knows I grow except you guys)! I know the laws are aimed at commercial grows, but they don't realize that even personal growers need a higher plant count. IMO...the limits really ought to start at 50!

Best,

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

...Looks real nice SSH! I see some water sitting in the tray with the rooting plugs. Do you usually keep a puddle and let them draw it up, or was that pic just taken right after watering? I'm just curious as to how much you let them dry out. I also really envy you being able to run that many. It would really make things easier and it would be GREAT being able to run more strains at a time. The laws here are pretty severe. I could get 20 years for having that many. I try to keep my numbers around 15 at any given time. Sometimes, it will get up to around 20-ish during cloning. That's just because I take more cuts than I plan to use. I like to let them run a few days and then pick the best and discard the rest. So my max is 20 and that includes mother plants, cuts, seedlings, early and late veg and flowering plants.

I grow ONLY for personal med reasons. I NEVER sell or give away any. (I can't...nobody knows I grow except you guys)! I know the laws are aimed at commercial grows, but they don't realize that even personal growers need a higher plant count. IMO...the limits really ought to start at 50!

Best,

i leave h2o in the bottom so the plugs can wick it up, ~1/4". i just make sure it doesnt go dry in the first 4 days......from day 4 till rooted ill let the h2o get used all up before i put more in there.

i do not sell any, its all grown for my medical need and a higher plant count is necessary so i can quit smoking and move to edibles. im in fla so 1 plant or 99 plants its all illegal........hell poss cannabis over 20gm is 3rd deg felony and i go thru 3-4 oz per mo.

peace

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Yep...finding a working cloning technique is like being handed the keys to the kingdom! Looking great, DP! How long is it taking for them to root for you? I find, while all strains are a little different, most of mine are showing their first roots in about 6 days...and are well rooted and ready to plant at 9-10 days. Are you rooting under the 400 or under a T-5? (I was thinking it was the T-5). I LOVE T-5's for rooting cuts (also for veg growth, but that's another story). IMO...nothing roots better. I run my T-5 with 25% bloom spectrum bulbs and 75% veg. I really think the red light given off by the blom bulb helps them to root better/faster too. Just what I've noticed in my rooms over the years.

Looks real nice SSH! I see some water sitting in the tray with the rooting plugs. Do you usually keep a puddle and let them draw it up, or was that pic just taken right after watering? I'm just curious as to how much you let them dry out. I also really envy you being able to run that many. It would really make things easier and it would be GREAT being able to run more strains at a time. The laws here are pretty severe. I could get 20 years for having that many. I try to keep my numbers around 15 at any given time. Sometimes, it will get up to around 20-ish during cloning. That's just because I take more cuts than I plan to use. I like to let them run a few days and then pick the best and discard the rest. So my max is 20 and that includes mother plants, cuts, seedlings, early and late veg and flowering plants.

Best,

I have them under the t-5s max.. But due to my small area, I have them placed between the t-5s and the 250w mh.. These ak's clone really easy.. These two look like survivors so far, and 2 out of 3 aks survived my first time cloning.. I think I looked for roots on around day 10 the first time.. Just need a bigger area , and some changes in the laws too!.. Thanks DP

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Well roots rock reggae!.. Both ak-47 clones from clones rooted real nice.. Uppotted to 1 gal pots.. One with FF OF, and the other with FF HF soils.. Going to flip the first cuts in about a week.. They have been uppotted to 2 gal pots, with FF OF..
DSC03737

Max Frost

Max Frost

Well roots rock reggae!.. Both ak-47 clones from clones rooted real nice.. Uppotted to 1 gal pots.. One with FF OF, and the other with FF HF soils.. Going to flip the first cuts in about a week.. They have been uppotted to 2 gal pots, with FF OF..View attachment 345075

Nice DP! You seem to have it down bro! Did you plant the clone directly into the FFOF? I've run into problems with a couple of strains recently by going into it too soon. It's just hotter than some strains can handle. The Skywalker Kush I'm running right now got burned pretty badly by it. So did one pheno of ROC's Orange x Pineapple. Another pheno of the same strain did just fine with it...so until you've run a strain in it...IMO...you just don't know! Hopefully, yours will handle it just fine. It should be a nice run for you bro! That AK-47 is supposed to be some dank, potent meds! Best of luck!

Max

Top Bottom