My first grow attempt. White Widow

• Thread starter Darkskywa1k3r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darkskywa1k3r

Darkskywa1k3r

I also decided to use fox farm soil and nutrients on my first grow but I cut the feeding schedule dosage amounts way down. It makes your water very acidic also so I use ph up as well.

Excited to see your grow.
When did you start the nutrients?
I was told to wait cuz the Fox Farm Soil has enough nutrients for now.

Sunasun

Sunasun

Are you saying a 3 gallon pot needs 1 gallon of water, seems like too much. And why lower lights? Do they look like there overheated?
Exactly. Lower lights will allow an unhealthy plant to mend herself. No not overheated, just being forced to take in more light than she is able to process efficiently at this point. Plus, you have no root system at this point, you'll need to develop your root system before you send her to flower. Please follow our advice, I want you to get as blitzed as I do every hit. Good luck stay high

Darkskywa1k3r

Darkskywa1k3r

Exactly. Lower lights will allow an unhealthy plant to mend herself. No not overheated, just being forced to take in more light than she is able to process efficiently at this point. Plus, you have no root system at this point, you'll need to develop your root system before you send her to flower. Please follow our advice, I want you to get as blitzed as I do every hit. Good luck stay high
Ok thanks for the info.
Any recommendations on lights?
50% ? I have it on 7 right now.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Would you say these are in veg. stage now? They're 3 weeks old.
I asked this question earlier, but didn't get answer.
There is no concrete answer BUT to me I consider once you get 5 finger leaves its veg. Those plants in the picture don't need more light yet. Look good

Choppr

Choppr

Ok thanks for the info.
Any recommendations on lights?
50% ? I have it on 7 right now.
Would you say these are in veg. stage now? They're 3 weeks old.
I asked this question earlier, but didn't get answer.
The easiest way to Dial-In your lighting is to keep a hygrometer at your soil 77-82 Fahrenheit is fine, set your light at 30"inches adjust the power setting to hit those temperatures, you are trying to create the micro climate of early springtime. 55-65%RH is fine for now. This is how not to fry them.
Yes your Plants are in early Veg.
No, do not soak those pots out Yet. Your roots are about the widths of your leaves and thats where to water. Explanation: In nature rain falls on the leaves, then runs off the tip/edges of the leaves this is called your "dripline or drip ring", water 1 to 2 cups in this area, next watering(several days later) you can water out wider same amount, this will force the forager roots to search for water, You are Trying to grow/expand a Healthy root system. Little Plants in Big Pots that are "soaked out" the roots will not search for water, will not grow properly, the roots will stay where the water is. Over the the next several waterings as the Plants/roots are growing you'll be able to wet out the Pots.
Also I advised you earlier above, you will need a Combo Meter PPM/EC/pH, in a few weeks youll be mixing nutrients, You need to know the Strength of you mix Solutions, or your flying blind... with FFOF youll just water for a few weeks so you have time before needing the meter. You cam PM Me if you need Help. Right On.

Darkskywa1k3r

Darkskywa1k3r

The easiest way to Dial-In your lighting is to keep a hygrometer at your soil 77-82 Fahrenheit is fine, set your light at 30"inches adjust the power setting to hit those temperatures, you are trying to create the micro climate of early springtime. 55-65%RH is fine for now. This is how not to fry them.
No, do not soak those pots out Yet. Your roots are about the widths of your leaves and thats where to water. Explanation: In nature rain falls on the leaves, then runs off the tip/edges of the leaves this is called your "dripline or drip ring", water 1 to 2 cups in this area, next watering(several days later) you can water out wider same amount, this will force the forager roots to search for water, You are Trying to grow/expand a Healthy root system. Little Plants in Big Pots that are "soaked out" the roots will not search for water, will not grow properly, the roots will stay where the water is. Over the the next several waterings as the Plants/roots are growing you'll be able to wet out the Pots.
Also I advised you earlier above, you will need a Combo Meter PPM/EC/pH, in a few weeks youll be mixing nutrients, You need to know the Strength of you mix Solutions, or your flying blind... with FFOF youll just water for a few weeks so you have time before needing the meter. You cam PM Me if you need Help. Right On.
Thank you for explaining all that, makes alot of sense.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I started growing last year using Fox farm soil and nutrients and had good success. During that time I was reading books about organics. "The Intelligent Gardener" "The Ideal Soil" and just researching stuff online. I recently made the jump to living soil and couldn't be more happy. I just finished my first grow and it's blown me away.

Kis organics is still my greatest learning resource. They've got a podcast and loads of great info on their website. If you're into organics.

You look like you're doing very well! A little research goes a long way!

Darkskywa1k3r

Darkskywa1k3r

I started growing last year using Fox farm soil and nutrients and had good success. During that time I was reading books about organics. "The Intelligent Gardener" "The Ideal Soil" and just researching stuff online. I recently made the jump to living soil and couldn't be more happy. I just finished my first grow and it's blown me away.

Kis organics is still my greatest learning resource. They've got a podcast and loads of great info on their website. If you're into organics.

You look like you're doing very well! A little research goes a long way!
I'll look into that in the future, for sure. Right now I'm trying to keep it simple as possible. New to all this, and I haven't had much of a green thumb in the past.

Sunasun

Sunasun

I don't think you understand basic plant biology. Why are you encouraging more extreme under watering? Is that why your plants are so small?

Darkskywa1k3r

Darkskywa1k3r

I don't think you understand basic plant biology. Why are you encouraging more extreme under watering? Is that why your plants are so small?
Are you talking about my plants?
Are they too small for 3 weeks?
So should I be watering them more?

Sunasun

Sunasun

Are you talking about my plants?
Are they too small for 3 weeks?
So should I be watering them more?
Oh, his plants show what happens when you don't water fully each time. They crash and burn about week 4 of flower. I want to help you avoid this by watering correctly.
By more, if you mean more volume per watering, then yes .

Top Bottom