My first grow attempt. White Widow

• Thread starter Darkskywa1k3r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sunasun

Sunasun

6 weeks old today.
Does something look wrong with the leaves on one of my plants?
And why is the other one growing so crooked? I rotate the pots a 1/4 turn every couple days.
Over watered and light is too close. You need to water the pot fully so the leaning one would've been able to properly anchor Herself.
Ice Mocha

Darkskywa1k3r

Darkskywa1k3r

Lights are 36" above plant
Should I turn them down? Light setting is at 5 right now.

Screenshot 20231130 131453 AC Infinity
B

Budclarkson

The easiest way to Dial-In your lighting is to keep a hygrometer at your soil 77-82 Fahrenheit is fine, set your light at 30"inches adjust the power setting to hit those temperatures, you are trying to create the micro climate of early springtime. 55-65%RH is fine for now. This is how not to fry them.
Yes your Plants are in early Veg.
No, do not soak those pots out Yet. Your roots are about the widths of your leaves and thats where to water. Explanation: In nature rain falls on the leaves, then runs off the tip/edges of the leaves this is called your "dripline or drip ring", water 1 to 2 cups in this area, next watering(several days later) you can water out wider same amount, this will force the forager roots to search for water, You are Trying to grow/expand a Healthy root system. Little Plants in Big Pots that are "soaked out" the roots will not search for water, will not grow properly, the roots will stay where the water is. Over the the next several waterings as the Plants/roots are growing you'll be able to wet out the Pots.
Also I advised you earlier above, you will need a Combo Meter PPM/EC/pH, in a few weeks youll be mixing nutrients, You need to know the Strength of you mix Solutions, or your flying blind... with FFOF youll just water for a few weeks so you have time before needing the meter. You cam PM Me if you need Help. Right On.
Great post!

B

Budclarkson

I have 1 and 3 gal velcros then 7 gal non velcro
Starting a 2nd grow but with photoperiods this time. How did you train those plants flat and what was the process and timing? Looks pretty severe, I only did some basic LST last time and found you can pinch the stalks pretty easily. I then just gradually bent down a few branches with rope tied from branch to the bag.

Which Velcro bags are you using? Read some complaints so didn’t use them. Went from 4” starter pots to 3.5 gallon fabric pots on most of the autos. Thinking about going to 5 gallon pots for the photos.

Dadman86

Dadman86

I had a idiot get on here and tell me some dumb ass shit. I didn't listen to what he said but he tried to send me off and acted like it was real advice.
I neem burned my plants and the big bottom leaves died and fell off. I was asking if ppl thought they would recover. He was like there fine i had a plant bounce back all you have to do is water them five times a day for a week and they will survive.

Darkskywa1k3r

Darkskywa1k3r

I've been getting alot of advice to start LST on my plants.
I decided to try it on one of them.
I'm I doing this right? Or am I just effing up my plant?

20231217 190302
20231217 190522
20231219 180616
20231219 180632
B

Budclarkson

After I pinched the main stem trying one of those plastic clips I used some soft rope to slowly bend the large branches. Tied down to the bag and up/side to the tent frame. Adjusted the bend slowly over days. Used wire ties like you have there to trains the smaller branches.

Did Light LST on some Autos basically to keep the heights of the taller plants at the same level as others and spread the plant out and allow other branches to grow up with large colas.

I rolled a small piece of cardboard and taped to act as a support splint on the pinched stem to keep it from getting worse and allow to heal. Sprayed a little water on the joint as recommended here until it healed well enough.

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Nice, like the strain…smell/taste=10, High =10,
High longevity =7.5
(After 3 months curing/aging Terp intensity increased, I have many higher THC strains, but when I whip out the White Widow all my friends are like
“Ahhhh nice”… just sayin !
WW pics below (I was glad I got a few seeds off of her, mother Plt time).

IMG 9150
IMG 9164
IMG 9165
IMG 8663
IMG 8190

She’s in there somewhere ?

Here she is !

IMG 9169
IMG 9173
IMG 9172

Last edited:
Darkskywa1k3r

Darkskywa1k3r

Congratulations! That first grow is special. 👍

Drying at 60% humidity and 60º temperature is usually recommended. It should take 1 to 2 weeks. Keep it dark.

You can also change the port names on your controller.
Hey thanks

Screenshot 20240302 135142 AC Infinity
Top Bottom