My first grow

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

maestro

Mornin Kolah

I was gonna suggest to you try running heater less. Keep your temps in the forties at night. As long as they don't freeze its only gonna help those buds n when its that cold fungus aint growing. In the daytime your humidity should be fine and the sun will kill the spores before or as they germinate......I'm wondering if you are not causing a type of condensation factor in there, like a hot water pipe gets wet in a cold room? Cuz that humidity is hard to get in CO unless you are right on a river/spring or it just rained or you just sprayed or the dew rolls in after a cool night.

I'd back those temps way off to finish, blast them with GC, and try put a fan in there at night to circulate that wet air better. I bet you drop them night temps to forties it helps............they can get to freezing no problem n survive.

By the way Nice SkunKA Brudda! Feels great to have sumptin hangin eh?

Peace

K

kolah

thanks all.

I did have the heater running last night and crack the back window. AT 3:30 am it was 80% RH....and 40 degrees inside. I fired up the heater and open the front window and back window all the way.

I could not find Greencure in CS or Oxidate. I could have gotten Mighty Wash or Serenade but decided to just mix up some baking soda and mixed up a low dose batch of it. I test sprayed it on a few lower leaves and on a bud on the EB plant. It looks good this morning so I will go ahead and spray the whole plant as she is almost ready to chop.

I just read about this Elephant Bud strain and how BC in Vancouver) was selling these seeds for 500 bucks. WTF kind of scam is that? And they claimed super high THC levels. My Bullshit Meter spiked over the high mark and broke off. I guess I was lucky? to buy a clone for 30 bucks. It looks good, though a bit on the small side, short and squatty, dark green leaves and bigass buds. It smells damn nice too. I look forward to sampling some and I will let y'all know how it is. IMO no seed is worth 500 bucks...unless it's the lasy MJ seed on the planet.

By far I am super impressed with my DJ Blueberry. It is a monster of a plant and still growing and budding in just a 5 gallon pail....and friggin buds galore. The blueberry aroma fills the entire GH. It has a ways to go yet though.

and yeah Maestro, fresh bud on the line is sweet. I have all the trim leftovers and will make a batch of tinctures using Everclear (190 proof) for my extractor. I often make other herbal medicine so it will be a breeze and I have a box of small brown bottles with dropper caps.

OK, I decided to go down the slippery slope of home gardening. I plan to get a small solar panel (50 watt), two 6 volt golf cart (deep cycle) batteries and I'll wire up some ventilation system (probably 2 fans) and run on a 12v system. (I already have an older small controller I can use).

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Ventelation is key. Day and night air should be circulating and plants moving about.
Ive had water dripping off ceiling but never had mold issues.

Warm days, 100 in house with Solex will not harm plants, if air is circulating......,

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wanna know what I just found on my scallop squash yesterday? Powdery mildew. It's sitting outside, direct sun, our RH has been in the mid-40s with high temps, generally going into the low 90s. And that fucking squash is showing PM. In a place that has NEVER in the history of man before been farmed!

I need to convert my cash to electronic funds, get me some JMS, straight from the horse's mouth. Kolah, did I remember to recommend an oil like JMS to you? It's quickly become indispensable to me.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
What about peroxide, its will eliminate mold mildew pronto...

I use whats called Oxyblast 50% hyrdrogen peroxide concentrate diluted, 2 drops per gallon of water regulary and my garden, veggies and all thrive.
We also use it in livestock water 1/2 cc per gallon, it renergizes water and eliminates harmful pathogens

K

kolah

CM,Yup H2O2 concoctions are an option for me.

SM, yes you sugeestions are on my list. I think for any first time time grower it is important to have numerous ammunitions to fight bugs, mold, deficiencies etc....and not wait until something comes up and then run around looking for Brand X. I also plan to examine the PM under my 100x scope and try to identify it. As I have read there are many different strains of PM. Maybe it is some new Mystery Mold..who the hell knows..esp with Monsanto messing with our environment.

I am going to do another 100 degree bake(for 1 hour) in the GH. Humidity inside is nice and low right now. Then I will air it out, let temps stabilize, spray them down with straight water (to rinse off the bicarb), let them dry and then hit all the girls with my bi-carb mix. I probably harvest the EB in a couple days.

K

kolah

LOL!

I just chopped my Elephant Bud. She has some bigass buds for sure. I''ll trim them in the morning and hang them up. (and post pics) I got Skunk #1 alreay drying and my 15x15 home smells damn good. My DJ Blueberry has a few more weeks to go.

K

kolah

My Elephant Bud, chopped ,trimmed and hung out. This was a nice plant, never got over 18 inches tall and was stout with bug buds. It did very well in the GH except for its mild case of PM in the last days of finishing. I will definitely keep a close eye on this one as she dries but I think overall it was a good yield for such a small plant, big firm buds and sticky as all hell. I am pretty newb'd at trimming and if I left too much leaf I can always shave them down a bit. I tried to leave anything covered in trichromes on the stems. Not nothing to "wow" about but it's not bad for my first grow. Feedback is welcomed. Thanks to all the Farmers who pitched in to help me out and for all the great info posted here at THC Farmer and for the webmasters who created and run this show.

Dcp 3554
Dcp 3557
Dcp 3561
Dcp 3560
K

kolah

EB on top and bottom lines and Skunk #1 in the middle. I hope to have these dried in 7-10 days then I will put them in mason jars and burp them out. I plan to cure them at least 3-4 weeks and dosme maybe longer. I will experiment a bit. I am dying to dry some out and try it now though.

I also whipped up some MMJ tinctures. I went heavy on the trimmings and even threw in many popcorn buds. I used Everclear (190 proof) as the extractant and it will soak for 10 days, shaking twice a day and keeping them in a cool, dark place. They will then be filtered out through cheesecloth and the trimmings pressed out with a hydraulic ram to extract every drop of the good stuff. This will be my mother tinctures and I will adjust them accordingly for dosages. (I can dilute them if they are too strong). From there I will transfer the tinctures into 1 ounce brown bottles with dropper caps. (I had my two assistants helping out as you can see them in the backround. It's amazing how they got their hoofs in the scissor openings and they did a good job trimming and mixing up the extracts.)

Dcp 3559
Dcp 3552
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Kolah, pretty color on those horses.

Yer buds look pretty good from here, too.

K

kolah

They are both Paints. The big gelding on the right is named Kola :) He has Appaloosa markings but is registered as a Paint. Some call it Red Roan, I dunno. My Paint filly, Wind-Dance, is 3 years old and going to be my trailhorse. Shes fast, gentle, always alert and smart.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I thought a roan was more.. 'peppered' looking. This horse appears to be clearly a bay with white markings all over his body. But, what do I know? I come from the Arab world. Still think I know a nice horse when I see one, and I sure do like color.

**Edit** Yeah, looking at him again, yeah, I guess I can see how he might be referred to as roan, but again, I thought roans were roaned all over their bodies.

K

kolah

Elephant Bud is all dried and stored in mason jars for a 2-3 week cure. I got 3 1/2 ounces out of my EB plant.

Skunk #1 is still on the racks and will need a few more days. I'd guess Skunk will bring in about 2 ounces.

My DJ Short Blueberry is still kicking ass and flowering like all hell. I think she''ll be ready in a week or two. I am guessing I will get 4-5 ounces from her. (and shes only in a 5 gallon bucket). Imagine if I put her in the ground? Next year fo-sho'. This is a terrific strain, it grows vigorous, puts out big stickyass buds, a great smell and big yeild. The cold nights did not effect her much and can't wait to puff some.

My G-13 strains are doing great, more on them later.

K

kolah

Elephant Bud cured about 8 days on a drying line, 2 days in a bag and now they are in mason jars getting burped. This is a strain that (BC, Vancouver?) was hyping and selling making huge claims about high THC levels and quick flowering times, etc, etc. It's supposed to be a 90-100% indica. I saw/read where they were/are selling these seeds for 500 bucks. Hmm.

Anyway, I packed a small amount in a bowl and gave it a whirl. I took about 4 good tokes and sat back. Being my first grow I was a bit weary about it's potency..even though it looked awesome and smoked quite mellow. About 15 minutes later it crept in, I felt pretty relaxed and laid back and left one dimmed green light on. (I practice Color Therapy and find it advantageous for overall good general health.) I had about 10 minutes of dream-drifting and then it turned into a nice mellow trippy buzz. Visual and hearing sensations were nicely enhanced as was my total overall awareness of myself and the surroundings. The enjoyable trippy-high lasted about 45 minutes and was not racey at all (something I dislike). It then kicked into overdrive and acted typical indica, keeping me couched and relaxed. I could fade in and out as I was on the brink of sleep but it was too enjoyable to fall asleep. I got up once to get a drink and had a bit of trouble navigating (balance-wise). I like when weed effects my motor skills...as I am proud of my "stoner status." After about 2 1/2 hours (from initial tokes) I fell asleep and slept about 3 hours like a rock. I woke up feeling a bit wore out and wirey..which was not the best. But other than that is was a great smoke. I'll give it a few weeks of aging and see how it smooths out or changes. I like this smoke but I don't think I'd pay 500 bucks for EB seeds though. I was glad to buy this from a MMC as a clone for 30 bucks. I got 3 1/2 ounces of nice big buds out of one 18 inch bushy little plant. This might be a great plant to grow indoors where space is limited. It grew fairly easy in the GH. I'd bet it be a fun strain to cross breed with.

DJ's Blueberry is still flowering like a mofo and looking killer. She's in a five gallon pail and I am guessing I will get an easy 6 ounces out her..all tight sticky buds too. I'd guess she has a week or two to go. By far, a great strain and it smells like it's come right out of oven. More on that later.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Kolah, I hate to ruin your day, but there is no Elephant Bud..... prolly Big Bud, relabled

copied from BigPotPie.com

BC Seeds Strains

This information is presented in an effort to help educate the masses with the hopes of keeping more unsuspecting people from being ripped off and taken advantage of...

Every now and then we still get the occasional person asking if we have "Euphoria Unlimited" or "Elephant Bud" or some other BC Seeds strain. We are proud to say.... No! Bc Seeds does a great job writing effective ad copy, they do a great job with online marketing, they do a great job at damage control, they do a great job at counter attacking all the people that call them on their lies in various forums, and they do a good job paying people to post positive things about them in various forums. They do not have any breeding skills however, and the millions of dollars they claim to spend on research and development is probably spent on advertising and damage control.

Looking at facts can help people realize the truth, so here are some facts to help form a more informed opinion.
1) You will not find "Euforia Unlimited" or "Elephant Bud" at any reputable dispensary. If these strains are as high in THC as BC Seeds claims, then wouldn't every dispensary want to carry these strains? It's not like people in the medical marijuana industry can't afford the expensive seeds.
2) You will not find any BC Seeds strains at any coffee shops in Amsterdam.
3) BC Seeds has never won an award such as the Cannabis Cup for any of their strains. Clearly BC Seeds is "in it for the money", surely they realize that the credibility and reputation they would receive from winning the Cannabis Cup or other contest would dramatically increase their sales. Surely they know that if they really had a strain of marijuana that consistently tested over 30% thc that it would be sure to win any cup.
4) The pictures that are posted on their website are obviously touched up. Notice there are no close ups showing the trichomes. A marijuana plant with a 30%-50% thc level would be coated in trichomes, why don't they show them? They claim to spend big money on research and development, surely they can afford a good camera and photographer.
5) Any marijuana strain with a 35% or higher thc level would have to be so coated with trichomes that you would not be able to see any green plant material when looking at a bud, it would appear white, not green. Again, where are the pictures supporting these claims?

Here's some more simple and straight talk... We sell quality products from reputable breeders and our good reputation is very important to us. Because of this, it is in our best interest to help educate the consumer.

Calling out BC Seeds & any BC Seeds growers

If anyone can bring forth a BC Seeds strain that tests higher than 30% thc at an independent lab we will pay for the test, remove this page, and give you $500 and an honest apology. BC Seeds and BC Seeds growers, we're calling you out, anyone want to step up and bring it?

I have received hundreds of emails from people that have purchased seeds from BC Seeds seed bank. No one has come forward with any lab test yet though. After reading through hundreds of these e-mails from people that have bought and grown seeds from BC Seeds and then emailed to tell me of their experience a common theme has emerged... About 95% of the people that e-mailed are newbies that have been growing for less than 2 years. All of them say that the seeds produced a very good product. Almost all of them say that the seeds were not at all worth the over inflated price. Some of them sent pictures of the final product and all of the pictures that I have received range from absolute crap to pretty good in regards to crystal coverage.

Here is what I have concluded about BC Seeds, of course I could be wrong. I think that BC Seeds purchases seeds from other seed companies such as Nirvana Seeds, Greenhouse Seeds, Dutch Passion and others. Then BC Seeds takes the seeds they purchase from reputable breeders and they grow these seeds out in order to make more. Then they slap a $500 to $7,000 price tag and a whole bunch of hype on the seeds that they originally purchased for $25 - $100.

K

kolah

Thanks Bud, for setting things straight. I did read quite a lot of articles about the bogus-ness of EB and BC's claims. So yeah, it could possibly be Big Bud or anything else, I guess. Well, whatever the hell it is, it's a pretty nice smoke.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey, Big Bud won a Cannabis Cup, so you could be growing worse! Not bad for a first grow, at least your stuff finished. :clapping

Top Bottom