My First real Outdoor Run!!!

• Thread starter MitchyNugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oregongreener

oregongreener

forgot to ask what is th ebest way to stop slugs from hitting my plants....I know some ppl wrap a can or bottle around stalk....and I also heard copper wire around the pot prevents them from climbing.....what do you guys suggest the best way to eliminate them!

would prefer just wrapping something around all the containers to stop them.

Plant lots of Marigolds. I do that in my raised bed veggie gardens and it works really, really well. It won't get all of them, I mean slugs LOVE lettuce and my Red Leaf always pays the price. Maybe plant some bait plants that are cheap too (lettuce is a good example). The Marigold's are cheap, all natural, and they look pretty too...

greener

oregongreener

oregongreener

Also, spreading used coffee grounds around your buckets will keep the slugs away. However, it's something you'll have to maintain after each rain...

greener

southstreets

southstreets

I would just buy some copper tape to keep the slugs at bay... Wrap a 2 layers around ur pots.. As extra measure I put deadline slug liquid around the base of each plant on the dirt or grass.. Lookin good bro!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Plant lots of Marigolds. I do that in my raised bed veggie gardens and it works really, really well. It won't get all of them, I mean slugs LOVE lettuce and my Red Leaf always pays the price. Maybe plant some bait plants that are cheap too (lettuce is a good example). The Marigold's are cheap, all natural, and they look pretty too...

greener

sounds liek a good idea for sure but im just gonna do the copper tape thing for now....alot easier for me but thats some great info for the future!!

Also, spreading used coffee grounds around your buckets will keep the slugs away. However, it's something you'll have to maintain after each rain...

greener

yah I have heard that as well....i figure its prolly tuff for them to get over the rim of the garbage can but im sure they can no problem!

I would just buy some copper tape to keep the slugs at bay... Wrap a 2 layers around ur pots.. As extra measure I put deadline slug liquid around the base of each plant on the dirt or grass.. Lookin good bro!

this is what im gonna do.....thanks for the post bro!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

so I have seen online they have specific copper tape for slug control.....I have never seen this in any stores does anyone know where to find it or can I just use a copper tape from a hardwar store??

might be a dumb question but Im curious...thx everyone for taking time to peep this thread and sending the positive vibes and great info my way cheers!

southstreets

southstreets

so I have seen online they have specific copper tape for slug control.....I have never seen this in any stores does anyone know where to find it or can I just use a copper tape from a hardwar store??

might be a dumb question but Im curious...thx everyone for taking time to peep this thread and sending the positive vibes and great info my way cheers!

I know they sell it at home depot or lowes... Either one should work fine..

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

I hit home depot....rona....homa hardware....canadian tire.....Michaels and not one of these places stalked copper tape.....after hitting all these stores I was pretty pissed off still can't find the shit....anyone have anyother ideas on domething to put around container to stop slugs from climbing it.......don't want to use slug bait or pesticidides!

southstreets

southstreets

I found mine at home depot... It's in the pesticide area.. And they told me the same thing! Lol.. That they didn't have it! Prob be able to find it on amazon...

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

here they are a week after transplant....they look better in person and have some potencial to be some big ladies.....I hope.......gave them first feeding of alaskan fish fertilizer....humic black and organic sucanut......gave them a small foiler feed as well and sprayed for bugs.....will visit in a week for some updates!

hard to see they in camo mode!

420bliss

420bliss

forgot to ask what is th ebest way to stop slugs from hitting my plants....I know some ppl wrap a can or bottle around stalk....and I also heard copper wire around the pot prevents them from climbing.....what do you guys suggest the best way to eliminate them!

would prefer just wrapping something around all the containers to stop them.

copper wire they will not cross it, just strip some speaker wire

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Nice run thus far.
Thinking of going outdoors for a run this year myself.

thx alot bro....do it up hitting the bush is a great time just don't forget your bug spary!

copper wire they will not cross it, just strip some speaker wire

thats whats I heard to thx bro....they seem to not be able to make it over the edge of bins!

Lookin great!
Good Luck and Happy Farming!

thx alot sox...cheers bro!

Mitch-

Lookin AWESOME bro! Can't wait for the summer show!

greener

me neither mt friend she is just starting so hopefully she is a smooth ride into the fall!

Thoth

Thoth

I concur that copper tape works well for stopping slugs and snails.

They going in the ground soon or staying in pots?

Looking damned good bro!!

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

I concur that copper tape works well for stopping slugs and snails.

They going in the ground soon or staying in pots?

Looking damned good bro!!

yah got copper wire wrapped around them now....they in 32 gallon pots halfway in the ground!

thx alot bro!

Thoth

Thoth

yah got copper wire wrapped around them now....they in 32 gallon pots halfway in the ground!

Sweet, so they're in the convenience of pots, but their roots can spread into the surrounding soil.

You'll have monsters in no time!

Haze

Haze

Hey big guy, you will want to top those plants that havent been topped, asap. Trust me. Just moved my license to a PERFECT property, I have 20 really nice ladies outside, ( Tut -Pyramid, Shark - Pyramid, Durban - Sensi, Corleone - Cali, Headband x Godbud, Shish x Godbud both from Lopez ) the ones I have topped are monster bushes with monster leads, the others - not so much. Past yields have suggested that topping is key. Also- I have a spool of copper wire somewhere - dont hesitate to ask if you need stuff bro - I am just as willing to help you out with your first OD as I was with your Indoor..... I think you are going to pleasantly surprised with your results this season.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

babies are starting to get big bro. looking happy and healthy. what are you going to use to protect from catapillars?

Top Bottom