My Flowering Stage is Stalled :(

• Thread starter LaVirtue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quicksand

Quicksand

Ok - I’m going to try to top them in the morning when the lights go on
I wouldn’t top, it may stress them. But a good defoliation and some bending will gain you some headspace….the plants look pretty good….

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

@LaVirtue , please tell me what you are feeding it, how often and how much.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I'm stoned but if it were mine, I'd convert it to hydro, wait a week, cut the entire canopy even 2.5ft below with a snips, top everything up high, defoliate near everything, scrog it and lower the light.

But what you should do is what the soil people say.. Because I feel stress effects soil more than active hydro.

Gonna sound dumb, but would stress just cause slowed growth.. Cause if so I've seen that. Yet generally the growth blows my mind daily, unless I make a mistake. Had I just let them go I feel my yield wouldnt be as much due to the lower buds not being as large. I feel there would also be more unused spaces between the highest nodes. I don't think their larger size would justify the empty spaces.

The true test would be near impossible to agree upon due to quality of lower buds and what people determine as better lol..

Mrb53

Mrb53

I'm stoned but if it were mine, I'd convert it to hydro, wait a week, cut the entire canopy even 2.5ft below with a snips, top everything up high, defoliate near everything, scrog it and lower the light.

But what you should do is what the soil people say.. Because I feel stress effects soil more than active hydro.

Gonna sound dumb, but would stress just cause slowed growth.. Cause if so I've seen that. Yet generally the growth blows my mind daily, unless I make a mistake. Had I just let them go I feel my yield wouldnt be as much due to the lower buds not being as large. I feel there would also be more unused spaces between the highest nodes. I don't think their larger size would justify the empty spaces.

The true test would be near impossible to agree upon due to quality of lower buds and what people determine as better lol..
Stress definitley causes SLOW GROWTH...especially in autoflower where it is very evident. That is why many auto growers do not top / fim / LST or train at all.
Hydro is GREAT to grow big plants and get nutes from mixture to the plant quickly. My only issue with most (not all hydro systems) is single point of failure. One bad reservoir or contaminated line and everything can go sown...QUICKLY. Containers that have their own H2O supply are the better systems, IMO

dbrzz

dbrzz

I know the timer is working - I will take pictures tomorrow when it’s the light cycle. Thank you

The tent is in a dark room but I occasionally go to the room during dark cycle & turn the overhead light on to get the vacuum, etc. There’s an air intake hole at the bottom of the tent. Would that level of light impact things?
Flashlight during the dark period will delay flowering. It doesnt take much light to stall the process

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

What I’ve been feeding these babies:

Advanced Nutrients grow/bloom/micro
Real Growers Recharge a few times
Terpinator a few times
Sensi Cal Mag a few times
MOAB a few times
Mammoth

since I flipped to 12/12, I stopped the grow fertilizer

I thought maybe the MOAB would kick them into flower but no.

I have been using these nutrients for several grows. this time I added worm castings to the soil too.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the plant will be fine..
just do something about the light height..

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What I’ve been feeding these babies:

Advanced Nutrients grow/bloom/micro
Real Growers Recharge a few times
Terpinator a few times
Sensi Cal Mag a few times
MOAB a few times
Mammoth

since I flipped to 12/12, I stopped the grow fertilizer

I thought maybe the MOAB would kick them into flower but no.

I have been using these nutrients for several grows. this time I added worm castings to the soil too.
So, let me make sure I understand this correctly;

You feed them all this AND Recharge? That is double feeding. How MUCH of the AN are you feeding, chart amounts?
Recharge is not plant food, it is an enzyme pack that turns soil into plant food. You could very easily have an overfeed lockout.
I don't see any real light issues except it being so close.

Mrb53

Mrb53

We raised the lamp as high as possible and I defoliated a lot. Thanks -I feel like i
they look a lot better. I didn’t do any bending yet
do you have an exhaust system inside the tent taking up headspace? I move mine outside...you have to account for stretch and if photo and any sativa dominant, you can get 1 to 3 feet of stretch so I highly recommend the BENDS...
I bend after dark, little at at time to not break / injure / over stress. Also, if I hold back water, they will droop and that is a good time to start to "Tie me kangaroo down boy"...Do not forget to stake the apical stem to stop the lean from tearing the plant from its root / position in the container. I insert a pole at the far opposite side (of the bend direction) as an anchor and use pipe cleaners at the base and point of the bend
Intakeexhaust

I am also lucky enough to have my driver (light) outside the tent with 6 foot leads...helps with heat and space

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

do you have an exhaust system inside the tent taking up headspace? I move mine outside...you have to account for stretch and if photo and any sativa dominant, you can get 1 to 3 feet of stretch so I highly recommend the BENDS...
I bend after dark, little at at time to not break / injure / over stress. Also, if I hold back water, they will droop and that is a good time to start to "Tie me kangaroo down boy"...Do not forget to stake the apical stem to stop the lean from tearing the plant from its root / position in the container. I insert a pole at the far opposite side (of the bend direction) as an anchor and use pipe cleaners at the base and point of the bend
View attachment 1173867
I am also lucky enough to have my driver (light) outside the tent with 6 foot leads...helps with heat and space
We do #4 and it gives the most room for growing. We want nothing in the tent except lights and fans.

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

Thank you to everyone for your insight - I really appreciate it!

I have the #4 set up above. For the recharge, I give it about every 2 weeks.

It is entirely possible that I am I over-fertilizing.

I have flushed them a few times.

I have them in 5 gallon pots and I used Pro Mix Mycorrhizae. I don’t think it has a lot of nutrients in it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thank you to everyone for your insight - I really appreciate it!

I have the #4 set up above. For the recharge, I give it about every 2 weeks.

It is entirely possible that I am I over-fertilizing.

I have flushed them a few times.

I have them in 5 gallon pots and I used Pro Mix Mycorrhizae. I don’t think it has a lot of nutrients in it.
What you just said is 'I feed them double then flush all the good stuff
Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving you grief. I'm trying to point out the amount of stress that can cause. Do you think it might be a factor here? I do.

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

I pruned them a lot. The stems are really big and look healthy to me. The new leaves look a little yellowish to me. Any ideas on whether I should add nutrients?

Top Bottom