My Flowering Stage is Stalled :(

• Thread starter LaVirtue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LaVirtue

LaVirtue

I kind of trimmed them a little more. I hope not too much. They are not looking too good right now. I mixed a batch of fertilizer and gave them all a little. One thing is that the have huge root systems so hopefully they’ll bounce back. They look like they’re starting to flower. I tried to take off the top fan leaves like you said, it seems like it makes sense that it would give them a clue to stop growing taller.

AD58E948 F867 439F 868A 479B59B98645
C16A4B4B 1E15 4D32 AEC2 3BCC4C897380
Ponky

Ponky

I kind of trimmed them a little more. I hope not too much. They are not looking too good right now. I mixed a batch of fertilizer and gave them all a little. One thing is that the have huge root systems so hopefully they’ll bounce back. They look like they’re starting to flower. I tried to take off the top fan leaves like you said, it seems like it makes sense that it would give them a clue to stop growing taller.
If they're staying fungus free they're healthy and will give you a yield.

Mrb53

Mrb53

now that looks MUCH BETTER. You can still remove the lower branches (nodes). If you count the top of the branch and 2 nodes (intersections where branches grow form), that is more than enough for buds. Each plant should only have about 8 tops

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

Should I remove the leaves and side branches 6 modes from the top ? I have been removing a lot of smaller branches underneath the canopy, not sure how far to go.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

The more you remove up top the more grows down below. The more you remove down below the more it grows up top. They look like they could get taller so i wouldn't promote growth up top. If anything I'd defoliate up top to promote lower growth.

Even if you don't, it looks amazing. Yall are gonna be ecstatic shortly.

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

I trimmed more of the bottom branches. These plants are so weird looking. Am I doing too much ? Do you believe that these plants will ultimately yield ? I never had such leggy looking plants.

unfortunately, we are having some disagreement about what to do. My boyfriend thinks these plants look terrible and will not yield. I am bummed out :(

22B5D630 75DE 4CB8 8011 DEB32974DFD0
6EEA98CC 41F7 4CC5 A34A EFFA3625D3ED
A11EF21E E9CE 4932 8B19 54480106554C
Ponky

Ponky

I trimmed more of the bottom branches. These plants are so weird looking. Am I doing too much ? Do you believe that these plants will ultimately yield ? I never had such leggy looking plants.

unfortunately, we are having some disagreement about what to do. My boyfriend thinks these plants look terrible and will not yield. I am bummed out :(
No. What have you done?!?!?!

It's fine. This is what you want. Reduces risks from pests and mold. Will maximize yield. He is wrong. You are right. Don't sweat at all.

Mrb53

Mrb53

nothing wrong...just tall
I had a grower work for me who was stubborn and cloned under t5 lights. He set the lights high so all the plants stretched. I used to complain about the stretch as the plants always had issues with being too close to the lights at flower.
Results - I never had a MOLD issue and the buds were gigantic...stretch does NOT reduce potency, it does not reduce bud size, matter of fact, it usually increases it as does lollipopping

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
More energy being pushed to the top colas for big buds. Not those popcorn airy buds he apparently likes but to each their own 😉.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
bud density.. etc is all in the lights for the most part..
i would never defoliant like that such a waste of trichomes..
but in your situation you had too!
a bit too much for my liking but you’ll be fine..
the size of that tent is good for one plant maybe two..

Mrb53

Mrb53

Thanks - my gut feeling is that they will be ok too:))
yes it will. I see some flowering going on so just a matter of time
As far as a waste of trikes. I do not agree. Trikes on fan leaves are almost worthless. We do not grow for tincture / edible, we grow bud for consumption and the amount of trikes in there make up for more than what is given up

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks - my gut feeling is that they will be ok too:))
yes it will. I see some flowering going on so just a matter of time
As far as a waste of trikes. I do not agree. Trikes on fan leaves are almost worthless. We do not grow for tincture / edible, we grow bud for consumption and the amount of trikes in there make up for more than what is given up
uh? trichomes are all over larf, even stalks..
yes not fan leaves, but a lot more cut off than fan leaves..
trichomes are what get you high not plant material..
anyhoo..

Top Bottom