My Flowering Stage is Stalled :(

• Thread starter LaVirtue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LaVirtue

LaVirtue

I have been taking the leaves off the bottom branches - a lot of them were dying off. At least there’s a little more airflow. The plants look weird though.
I did not top them. They are stretching almost to the top of the tent.

What should I do now ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have been taking the leaves off the bottom branches - a lot of them were dying off. At least there’s a little more airflow. The plants look weird though.
I did not top them. They are stretching almost to the top of the tent.

What should I do now ?
Kind why I felt ya should cut em down to like 8 nodes. Now your pretty much limited to bending and supercropping

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

Kind why I felt ya should cut em down to like 8 nodes. Now your pretty much limited to bending and supercropping
I know you said that I should do that but I was afraid it would make things worse and put me even more behind:(

But now I see that you were right

Mrb53

Mrb53

I know you said that I should do that but I was afraid it would make things worse and put me even more behind:(

But now I see that you were right
If you do not supercrop / train..they will reach the light/s and then you are set for nanners and hermies, heat and light stress so since you only have a indication of sex, chop down some to a manageable height, bend some (little at a time, not all in one shot). They are still at a manageable age. They WILL stress but should be young enough / in veg enough to overcome the stress

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you do not supercrop / train..they will reach the light/s and then you are set for nanners and hermies, heat and light stress so since you only have a indication of sex, chop down some to a manageable height, bend some (little at a time, not all in one shot). They are still at a manageable age. They WILL stress but should be young enough / in veg enough to overcome the stress
This ^^^

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

If it were me I'd also defoliate the top oldest biggest fan leafs that go inward and cover at least 2 colas. My thinking is it slows the speed of the large nodes growing up. I feel if I remove the large source of photosynthesis up top, it won't be able to grow as fast, keeping it shorter? It also allows for light to hit those lower sites making them come up. If I didn't want them to come up, I yanked them off. Then I scrogged them down tight.

The majority of my work has been keeping the plant under 2ft during the entire veg lol.. Very hard do do in hydro.. Shit grows to fast

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

They were also saying you can root those and just give them some shitty light for a while, and boom.. Send them to flower when these are done... Shit u can wait till they hit lights, cut them down like u just did, root them.. And do it like that every time lol.. Perpetual system.

I actually turned my veg light up so high it burnt the top layer of my plants, more less just made my leafs harder than usual, but.. It kept it short and everything under just blasted up... Plus multiple toppings... Anyways.. You just stay with it and u will be fine. So much learning this way. I can assure you it's hard to make the same mistake twice with our ladies we love.

Mrb53

Mrb53

If it were me I'd also defoliate the top oldest biggest fan leafs that go inward and cover at least 2 colas. My thinking is it slows the speed of the large nodes growing up. I feel if I remove the large source of photosynthesis up top, it won't be able to grow as fast, keeping it shorter? It also allows for light to hit those lower sites making them come up. If I didn't want them to come up, I yanked them off. Then I scrogged them down tight.

The majority of my work has been keeping the plant under 2ft during the entire veg lol.. Very hard do do in hydro.. Shit grows to fast
You do not need (or want) any of the fans lower than 3 nodes down from the apicals. All the nug nodes you remove (lower that the 3rd node) will be replaced by bigger buds at the apicals (tops) of the stems

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

You do not need (or want) any of the fans lower than 3 nodes down from the apicals. All the nug nodes you remove (lower that the 3rd node) will be replaced by bigger buds at the apicals (tops) of the stems
Yea so I left only the top node and stripped around 4 or 5 nodes off. Ironically those top nodes I left are now the bottom small nodes I want removed lol.. I was thinking about defoliating all the small bud sites down low, but I don't wanna keep stressing it. I'll keep my stress for veg and just let flower do it's thing.

So as to it I made bigger buds by doing this I can't tell. It seems like I just moved the small growth up higher is all. Idk we shall find out.

Mrb53

Mrb53

Yea so I left only the top node and stripped around 4 or 5 nodes off. Ironically those top nodes I left are now the bottom small nodes I want removed lol.. I was thinking about defoliating all the small bud sites down low, but I don't wanna keep stressing it. I'll keep my stress for veg and just let flower do it's thing.

So as to it I made bigger buds by doing this I can't tell. It seems like I just moved the small growth up higher is all. Idk we shall find out.
defoliate - wait around 3 days to see recovery before defoliating again. Never more than 30% at one time and less once you are definitively in flower

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

Would it help if I add a light ?

The lamp I have is a spider farmer SF2000. I could maybe get another one.

It’s a 3 x 3 tent and I have 4 plants. I probably should not try to squeeze 4 plants in there to begin with.

Ponky

Ponky

For next time flip them sooner. Top them. And train them low and wide. Maybe add a fan down low.

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

For next time flip them sooner. Top them. And train them low and wide. Maybe add a fan down low.
I thought I flipped them August 3, but I think the timer wasn’t set right. We thought we would be harvesting our flowers right now.

I now think the problem was the programmable timer maybe was coming on in the middle of the dark cycle,? Idk but there are like 16 possible program settings. I think we must have had 2 different cycles or something. I really hate those timers.

Ponky

Ponky

I thought I flipped them August 3, but I think the timer wasn’t set right. We thought we would be harvesting our flowers right now.

I now think the problem was the programmable timer maybe was coming on in the middle of the dark cycle,? Idk but there are like 16 possible program settings. I think we must have had 2 different cycles or something. I really hate those timers.
Yeah I wish they made one you could program with your phone. Worst is the faulty timer that hasn't been shutting off at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom