My New Dwc Grow. First Timer

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

Heres my latest problem. I had the caliber three from several years ago and I just bought the caliber for. I also bought a humidity reader from the hardware store. Look at the numbers and you can see that none of them are the same as far as humidity and control. I need to use these for when I am drying and curing. Does anybody have a good quality humidity reader?

759FCDFE 2E05 47FF B101 3E823F4322DA
mikeb437

mikeb437

You could have3 good ones and they would all be a few percent off. I've found a few percent ain't going to kill ya. But if you want there's plenty of expensive one out there that will do what your looking for.

Theres like a 5% difference between the caliber 3 and 4. For curing in yhe jars i would think a 5% fluctuation would be not good.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Heres my latest problem. I had the caliber three from several years ago and I just bought the caliber for. I also bought a humidity reader from the hardware store. Look at the numbers and you can see that none of them are the same as far as humidity and control. I need to use these for when I am drying and curing. Does anybody have a good quality humidity reader?
Four.. not for. :).

DGP

DGP

I have found almost all hygrometers are inaccurate. I can get as many readings from a room as the number of instruments in the room......none of them ever agree. Air currents in the room can make them vary a lot.

We are designing a system to monitor and log data 24/7 and I see 5% variation over a one or two minute period in my data stream.

Dee

mikeb437

mikeb437

Thursday will be six weeks since I flipped the lights. Things are looking nice and the bugs are starting to swell very nicely. I think I have a few more weeks left and maybe I might be able to harvest.

F4FA1A01 0617 44D8 BB14 51303A5A5419
71DE6F9D 600F 478B 971B 5C4B6337429B
8F620B39 5B40 4E40 A4EB E4B6FBD17810
8072E18F D5CB 4D56 BEDF 9F845F0DDED1
mikeb437

mikeb437

WEEK 6 into flower!! Things are coming along nicely. I was thinking I only had a couple weeks left but I noticed a bunch of new white pistils coming up so from all of my reading I know that it is still not ready. I changed out the bucket water today and set the pH at 5.7, and the PPM’s were at 984. I’m not sure if I should increase the PPM’s during the last few weeks or should I start reducing. I will be doing a three day flush at the end with just distilled water at the proper pH. If there is anything else i can do these last few weeks to get a better product, please feel free to comment. Someone mentioned going a full 24 hrs of darkness before i pick. Pics below. Enjoy!

077B5147 6C3D 488E AD55 FEA9A6E5E58C
EBB135CC F5D6 4D42 BD7B 12A721FDB04D
1FFA6524 A7B2 43CE 8FCA 76C457B4D7E3
C48F9497 69A0 4302 98E5 8B4621A4E2BE
DGP

DGP

The buds will continue to get bigger then?
They should go through a phase where the calyxes swell a bunch. This should make the buds look as if they are swelling and getting more dense. They should look totally different after the ripening phase. All those white/yellow hairs will die back and turn reddish or brown/red.

Dee

This is not a great picture but look at the calyxes and how they look like they contain seeds (but they don't). This was taken about a week and a half before chop.
20180416 052458

mikeb437

mikeb437

They should go through a phase where the calyxes swell a bunch. This should make the buds look as if they are swelling and getting more dense. They should look totally different after the ripening phase. All those white/yellow hairs will die back and turn reddish or brown/red.

Dee

This is not a great picture but look at the calyxes and how they look like they contain seeds (but they don't). This was taken about a week and a half before chop.
View attachment 795929
Im starting to see that in mine as well

mikeb437

mikeb437

Last week or two just ph water for flushing it's worth it
This is dwc. Do i go straight water for that long a period? Up to 2 weeks? I thought not being in soil i only had to flush for a couple days in straight water.

mikeb437

mikeb437

I just changed the water in the bucket on saturday. I will check its progress in 2 weeks when i change the water again. Then i will determine How much time i think i have and make the decision to go all water or not. I definitely dont want to harvest too soon. How do you get those buds so big and dense?? My buds are ok at the top but its not very long. How do you get the entire branch loaded? These are the tips i need

mikeb437

mikeb437

Guys, what can i do to get a bigger yoeld next grow? I have a small tent with a t5 setup. If i got a better light, will the plants and buds be bigger? Im not sure if it makes a difference being in a small tent

mikeb437

mikeb437

You might want to try a jewelrs loop to check thrics. Best way to tell.
I have one of those little telescopic 420 magnifiers but it is shit. I can’t hold it on the bud close enough while I hold it on my eye and try to focus. A jewelers loop might be the thing i need.

mikeb437

mikeb437

What seeds are you using
Strain
Are the seeds f1,f2,f3 or are they s1 or so on?
Idk the strain. When I bought all of my equipment I noticed I had no seeds so a friend of mine just gave me a couple he found floating around.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Bigger light equals bigger buds. But I used t5s for many yrs. I take it that you are changing bulbs for bloom. Not using veg. Spectrum lamps for bloom. Nutes if I rember right your using gh flora trio ? If so use at 1/2 strength. Are you following there sechule. I change nutes every week. Back to lights in a small tent with t5 you can grow bud as fat and as long as your forearm and just as fat a lot has to do with strain and phino
Maybe for the next few weeks during this late flower I will change the water out every week rather than bi weekly. And yes I did change the bulbs and my T5 set up to the bloom lights. It is an eight light set up but I still kept in two of the veg bulbs in just for a broader spectrum

mikeb437

mikeb437

That's where you probably went wrong. Unless your trying to find a specific pheno type. Indoor I'd recommend f2 or f3 seeds better chance of what your going to end up with.

This grow was just for experience. I need to figure out how to dry and cure my buds. I wasn't too concerned about the strain at the time. I just needed experience on drying and curing. My last few attempts were a disaster.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Budmax!! I was looking on Amazon and I saw some 4 foot T5 units. They only run about 150 bucks. I’m wondering if these are OK to use as long as I put in some good high output bulbs.

Top Bottom