My seedling are not growing

• Thread starter budsofgeorgia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
yall seem to think i just reuse the soil without doing anything to it and that is not the case
Not at all. I sure don't think so. It's just the conversation is meandering.

That’s why I’ll reammend my soils either by top dressing or completely dumping old soil into a container and remixing with fresh amendments and earth worm castings.
I'd bet everyone who reuses soil restores it in some way. It's just about unavoidable, IMO.

But if people are using bottled nutrients then a neutral base or inert medium is almost preferred.
True. With synthetics, the soil is little more than a way to anchor the plant.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

so i got these peat pellets i had them for about a year and just don't use them ,im gonna be starting 9 more seeds in a week or 2 if i used the peat pellets instead of the reused soil ya think that might tell me some idea if the soil is used up either the plants would look better like i expected meaning it was the soil or look the same meaning the soil was off ?
also how long could you keep it just the peat pellet 1 week maybe 2 weeks before transplant ?
IMG 20240328 160632404

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

so i got these peat pellets i had them for about a year and just don't use them ,im gonna be starting 9 more seeds in a week or 2 if i used the peat pellets instead of the reused soil ya think that might tell me some idea if the soil is used up either the plants would look better like i expected meaning it was the soil or look the same meaning the soil was off ?
also how long could you keep it just the peat pellet 1 week maybe 2 weeks before transplant ?View attachment 2141461
Definitely more of a control, you know that those should be sterile and inert. I’m trying to get some ultra old seeds to pop up currently and I’m using the same product, just the ones that I have come in a twelve pack with a tray and humidity dome.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Definitely more of a control, you know that those should be sterile and inert. I’m trying to get some ultra old seeds to pop up currently and I’m using the same product, just the ones that I have come in a twelve pack with a tray and humidity dome.
i have the same tray with humidity dome that i have used them before but i never thought i got the pellet fluffed up enough ,

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

i honestly would just like to know because it is driving me crazy my last 3 or 4 grows the seedling grew really fast and big my last grow was the gdp grow will end up being my best grow so far and now this one this time not so much lol

S

SnoopingAsUsualI

i honestly would just like to know because it is driving me crazy my last 3 or 4 grows the seedling grew really fast and big my last grow was the gdp grow will end up being my best grow so far and now this one this time not so much lol
could be just phenotype or genotype or fucked up seeds or the alien super life form created ass-explosion on the sun that slapped your seeds with magic ray. Seriously - just about anything could cause that, they are living seeds they can be affected by all the crap, which results into this

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

i have the same tray with humidity dome that i have used them before but i never thought i got the pellet fluffed up enough ,
I just keep slowly adding more water until I tell they’re not absorbing anymore. Then I’ll dump off the extra. I’ve used similar stuff in the past that you’d soak in a bowl to saturate them.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I just keep slowly adding more water until I tell they’re not absorbing anymore. Then I’ll dump off the extra. I’ve used similar stuff in the past that you’d soak in a bowl to saturate them.
yea i know but your still supposed to fluff up the pellet after it expands

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
When i use those on my veggie starts I use the hottest tap water I can get and let them fluff up, then I roll them to break the material up inside. Also the damn cutout on the top would never come off without ripping it off and or cutting it with snips.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

plants have been transplanted and have started to grow will be updated on the thread below

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
plants have been transplanted and have started to grow will be updated on the thread below
Were you able to get a look at the roots? If so, how did they look?

Top Bottom