My small indoor grow.

• Thread starter DismalDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DismalDude

DismalDude

Hello all and welcome to my first diary here at the farm.
I started this grow with 2 Green Crack seeds that were donated to me by a friend.
One cracked,the other was a dud.
I was keeping the one plant in my 4x4 tent under a 400w MH light when I noticed it was sprouting balls.
I have grown before and these little balls looked just like other males I have seen do the same thing.
Anyway,I had to go out of town and just decided to keep it alive and maybe collect pollen from it at another date in the future.
When I did get back in town I had decided to just chop it and go with some bag seed I had as a backup.
Upon close inspection just before the chop I noticed pre-flowering/pistils.
I thought I was seeing things but no,it turns out this Green Crack is a girl!
I still don't understand how I misdiagnosed this but oh well,I got a girl!
I will be keeping her in veg for about another week and then under a 400w HPS cooltube.
I am using black gold soil and BPN 2 part for nutes.
I won't be taking any clones until I reveg after harvest.
I also want to see how this goes as I have some quality seed coming very soon.
Here she is so far,I'll have to check back and figure out exact age...
My small indoor grow

Plant on left is bagseed fem.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Yeah I'm watching her and have been for almost two weeks now.No sign of balls anywhere now.Was just really strange.I've never seen sex in veg myself either so maybe it was just me..no idea but eyes on for sure.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Thanks man,it was a bagseed run with 7 plants under 12/12 from sprout.Not much left now but maybe enough to hold me over...maybe.I use MJ for medicinal purposes but I help a couple friends with like problems as well so it goes faster than I'd like but helping others makes me feel better also.
I still haven't figured out the dialing in of blue planet nutrients yet(2 part system)so all help is wanted and needed.
I may go hydro someday but soil is all I can do at the moment.
I have only fed at 1/4 strength to date but I'm still getting some curl even though I'm straight water in between feedings.
I just can't seem to get a grip on it.All advice is welcome and appreciated!

Power OG

Power OG

i use fox farms full line up, on there feeding schedule and also alil cal/mag and some organic blackstrap molasses. so far so good but im still, dialing and trying new things, heavy 16 is next for me.

DismalDude

DismalDude

This is only my second round using nutes of this type.I usually just use things like manure(cow and chicken)so it's a steep learning curve even with all the info out there.
Out of town for a couple days,will update when back. :)

This was an 08 natural.I miss outdoor!
DSCF1832 DSCF1878

Last edited:
DismalDude

DismalDude

Back!Had to stay one more day than anticipated and my girl was not liking it.She was a bit dry but all in all ok.
Today I'd like to show you what nute line I am using so if I am doing something wrong it will be easier for someone to help/advise me on what to do or what not to do.
Here is the full line I am using.
Using the feed chart which is on same site,it also has a break down of the individual nutrients,I am at the transition stage.I'm a bit worried about too much N as I had that happen last time so I omitted Part A when I fed today.She's looking a bit droopy but she's got pre-flowers everywhere.I'm loving the purpling.
At lights out last night on an 18/6 schedule I switched the 400w mh bulb to a 400w super hps and set the photo period to 12/12.
That's about it so far.Any advice or thoughts are welcome.Thanks!
IMG 20140108 123417 137 IMG 20140108 123325 379

DismalDude

DismalDude

Thanks man,it was a bagseed run with 7 plants under 12/12 from sprout.Not much left now but maybe enough to hold me over...maybe.I use MJ for medicinal purposes but I help a couple friends with like problems as well so it goes faster than I'd like but helping others makes me feel better also.
I still haven't figured out the dialing in of blue planet nutrients yet(2 part system)so all help is wanted and needed.
I may go hydro someday but soil is all I can do at the moment.
I have only fed at 1/4 strength to date but I'm still getting some curl even though I'm straight water in between feedings.
I just can't seem to get a grip on it.All advice is welcome and appreciated!
I needed to clarify this for myself.When I said 7 plants,the buds in the pic are from the last of the 7 plants harvested being she was sativa dom. :)

DismalDude

DismalDude

Lol,I grew up with Capt. Kangaroo.Good advice too.Never thought about that but it does make a lot of sense.
Here she is after I pruned the lower branches and tied her down just a bit more.Quite a difference in two days.I'm guessing she liked that I omitted Part A on last feed.I'm betting it's easier to add N instead of flushing to get rid of it.
The female bagseed on the left will be gone soon.I have a very close friend that said they'd like to run her out.Have a great weekend!
IMG 20140110 100120 638

DismalDude

DismalDude

Trying to get water scheduling right.She seems to need a drink every three days.Do you think feed,3days,water,3days,feed is good or do I need to water more in between feeds?Curious as to what is a good routine?

DismalDude

DismalDude

She was looking a bit lime green so I added some nitrogen back in the mix.This is a learning thing for me and I'm a bit gun shy about adding too much.I think I'm back on track now.I'll give it a awhile before I keep posting boring pics.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Day 11 flower.Will raise the lights a couple more inches and give her a feed later today.
Everything seems to be doing ok.Keeping nutes at 1/2 the recommended dose and I guess I'll keep doing that unless something comes up.The bagseed fem is still here,not sure if my friend is going to take her or not.
Kind of undecided if I should keep her going or chop.The tent is plenty big enough but not sure about the light.I want the GC to have all of my available resources so still undecided.Any thoughts are welcome.
Thanks for taking a look.
IMG 20140119 102039 156

DismalDude

DismalDude

A good day today!11 days ago when I pruned underneath the canopy I decided to try my hand at cloning.I took 2 clones and using clonex gel and rapid rooters put them in my dome.I've been misting them once a day and today when I inspected them I have roots!Not bad for first ever try thanks to an abundance of info here.Did some more bottom pruning today and managed to take 4 more clones.I'm a happy camper! :singing:
IMG 20140121 135754 372

Top Bottom