Nectar for the gods???

• Thread starter Snicklefritz88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Nice. Good info. I'm in 5 gallon fabric pots. I usually water with 1 to 1.5 gallons and get a little runoff. Takes forever to drain. I think because of herc plus root mass. So you're saying that while you're ripening you use the same volume of water as usual ok I get that. Now you say that you're watering 3 to 5 days apart, do u do that intentionally to let the soil dry out extra, or is that normally how many days in-between waterings for you.
My waterings normally are about 3 days apart in 3 gallon pots, as they finish they drink less, so normally 4-5dsys by ripening. It is best to start letting them dry out more during ripeing. It sounds like your humidity is great right now. Next time in veg, if you want your humidity to be higher, try using an intake fan only. I blow air into my tent with the carbon filter in the tent, attached to an exhust vent. I will take some pictures later. This is how i got my humidity up. I use the 6 inch cloudline fan with humidity set to 55. I live on Colorado so normal house humidity is 20-30

fishbuds

fishbuds

I'm really still trying to grasp how to do this ripening flush the right way. I wanna drive the calcium and phosphorus up into the colas for size and density but at the same time knocking the ppms down into the soil so I get that colorful fade and desired terpenes all the while still shooting for potency above all. This is how you really learn to grow and I'm glad I jumped head in as a beginner because I'm starting to.learn what really does what. Still need some guidance to get me through to the end with the best results I can get.
personally, i like less of everything near the end, especially if the plant is all green. i up the ful power, slf, and even mp and lower everythingelse, and let the plant, enzymes, and bacteria dictate what the plant uptakes, if its all green there is probably enough to get to the finish with just some HH flushes and microbes.

all that sed, you seem to have something going on, so go with your gut. i just personally dont like an all green plant at the end, i like some colors, terps, etc, and 'ripening' does this naturally - so less is more, and drop the temps at the end. do a very dry cycle, then do a very wet cycle the next week, try to hurt the plant, and it will send out all its stinky defense mechanisms. that to me, is what affects the plant more at the end than anything else in an indoor setup.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

My waterings normally are about 3 days apart in 3 gallon pots, as they finish they drink less, so normally 4-5dsys by ripening. It is best to start letting them dry out more during ripeing. It sounds like your humidity is great right now. Next time in veg, if you want your humidity to be higher, try using an intake fan only. I blow air into my tent with the carbon filter in the tent, attached to an exhust vent. I will take some pictures later. This is how i got my humidity up. I use the 6 inch cloudline fan with humidity set to 55. I live on Colorado so normal house humidity is 20-30
You're right I'm blowing all my humidity outside. Where I'm at the weather is completely unpredictable 10 below one day and 55 the next then humidity skyrockets in summer. I live on one of the great lakes and can see it out my back window and the wind coming off of it is soooooo cold

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

personally, i like less of everything near the end, especially if the plant is all green. i up the ful power, slf, and even mp and lower everythingelse, and let the plant, enzymes, and bacteria dictate what the plant uptakes, if its all green there is probably enough to get to the finish with just some HH flushes and microbes.

all that sed, you seem to have something going on, so go with your gut. i just personally dont like an all green plant at the end, i like some colors, terps, etc, and 'ripening' does this naturally - so less is more, and drop the temps at the end. do a very dry cycle, then do a very wet cycle the next week, try to hurt the plant, and it will send out all its stinky defense mechanisms. that to me, is what affects the plant more at the end than anything else in an indoor setup.

Ya man this plant really stayed green. I'm gonna flush it and really let it dry out and repeat.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Trimmed up the small plant from my last run, Autoflower, Biscough from Twenty20 generics. Crazy 124g yield. Very happy with it nectar for the win
Damn that shit looks fire. That's exactly the type of shit I wanna grow. I'd like to know your trimming drying and curing process. My last grow I cut off all the fan leaves left all the sugar leaves on while drying. Once dry I then trimmed again, jarred and cured. Came out super sticky and dank. I don't like when I buy bud and it's so dry after smoking fresh bud I hate buying it.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Here's what I'm dealing with where I live it was 71° yesterday and supposed to be 78° today. But all week it was like 20°. And blizzards.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I dry my stuff very slowly, in my tent at 60/60. I keep the buds on branches. After 12-14 days the whole branches go into curing buckets. I was lucky enough to get 20 buckets from a dispensary going out of business. I like to get the branches into the bucketswith the humidity still high, 62 is good but its been as high as 65. Then i burb or leave the bucket slightly ipen till it drops to 60. Inwill kerp checking them daily till my humidity has maintained at 60 for about a week. They will stay in the buckets till i can trim it and but into jars. I have a couple buckets stll from 2 summers ago and the weed is still amazing. It will most likely get turned into hash though. When i trim it into jars i will burb the jars once or twice more. Normally by that time humidity is between 58-60. Which is perfect for long term storage. My process takes alot of time but once cured and stored properly it is goood for years. I store mine on a small closet under my stair that sits on the concrete slab of my house. Temps are between 45-65 in there. Hope this helps

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I dry my stuff very slowly, in my tent at 60/60. I keep the buds on branches. After 12-14 days the whole branches go into curing buckets. I was lucky enough to get 20 buckets from a dispensary going out of business. I like to get the branches into the bucketswith the humidity still high, 62 is good but its been as high as 65. Then i burb or leave the bucket slightly ipen till it drops to 60. Inwill kerp checking them daily till my humidity has maintained at 60 for about a week. They will stay in the buckets till i can trim it and but into jars. I have a couple buckets stll from 2 summers ago and the weed is still amazing. It will most likely get turned into hash though. When i trim it into jars i will burb the jars once or twice more. Normally by that time humidity is between 58-60. Which is perfect for long term storage. My process takes alot of time but once cured and stored properly it is goood for years. I store mine on a small closet under my stair that sits on the concrete slab of my house. Temps are between 45-65 in there. Hope this helps
Nice that sounds like you get some dank ass s*** out of that process. I agree slow drying is definitely better. My last grow after I cut my plant down I didn't smoke it for like a month and a half after. Well tried a little here and there Lol. I kept it in my tent like so:

I have a pretty nice dehumidifier for a small grow. But it was during the summer and it was super humid and hot but had no problem keeping it cool and dry I ran my window air conditioner and my dehumidifier.
I don't remember exactly what I did but it worked well I kept it around 60° and set my dehumidifier around 40 something %RH and then slowly raised it to 60%. Something like that. I think it took about a week for the branches to snap and then that's when I trimmed off the sugar leaves and Jarred it. I kept the jars in the dark at 60° burping them in the beginning and then Sully tapering to not burping. Then after a while I put the jars in the crisper in my frigerator which is like a dark box that I keep a whole bunch of stuff and like my seeds and everything. For using the fox farm Trio and it being a bag seed I was really impressed with how it came out. Curing it the right way is crucial. It was almost like I could clear a whole gram in one hit out of a bong and not even cough and it burn to a white Ash and I'd be high as f*** LOL.

Last edited:
Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Okay this zkittles Auto I'm messing with during this down time of ripening, drying, and curing looks a Lil weird. I'm going to diagnose it as overwatering probably. I got email the couple Auto schedules I'm going to follow they seem like they started off pretty early in the plant's life it says to start the schedule when there's three sets of leaves but I got to get this thing looking normal again

Last edited:
Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Is that the hydro one? I am not versed in hydro, always been a soil guy
I just sprouted it in a AeroGarden. I soaked the AeroGarden plug in Bigfoot. Once it sprouted and had a bunch of roots I potted it in Coco Loco. I was going to do dwc but changed my mind. The Coco Loco is watered down a little bit though I added extra peat and extra perlite.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I usually start my plants out in small cups but I planted this plug in a little bit of a bigger pot so I have a little more time before I have to transplant and put the big light on it. I have to finish out this grow plus I'm moving as soon as this grow is done.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

How often are you watering? Coco loco is watered more like soil then like true coco.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

20220306 162935

This purple punch is nectar grown but I can't take credit. But the guy that grows this is the one that got me into using it.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

How often are you watering? Coco loco is watered more like soil then like true coco.
It started of watering everyday with really small amounts of water. I'm watering about every other day now about an inch out from the stem. I think that's my main thing I need to work on is watering

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Those buds are gorgeous. Did you ever get the moisture meter? Its not perfect but it takes away alot of guess work

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Those buds are gorgeous. Did you ever get the moisture meter? Its not perfect but it takes away alot of guess work
20220307 061911

Yessir!!! I listen to every word. 1 question, in your opinion what number is it time for watering. So far that I've been using it it's actually helped a lot. I've been pretty much trying to just keep it in the green zone and when it gets down to almost red water

Last edited:
Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Yeah so it's funny the guy that grows that bud with nectar he's old he's like gotta almost be 70. Grumpy old man lol engineer. Actually used to be my boss. It's crazy it seems like everytime I get something from him it's like damn that's the best bud I ever had LOL. Consistently good. He gives me a little advice on nectar but he's set in his ways and I can see why but he's not open to anything LOL and tells me a magician never Reveals His secrets so he's not like us. I asked him if there was a schedule that he can make up for me and he laughed and said he never used no f****** schedule. He did say though that he loves fabric pots but don't use them with this line if you can't keep your humidity up because it will suck the pots dry and I'll have alkalinity issues so he said he goes back to plastic pots in the winter. He said he's been using nectar since before it was called nectar. I noticed too he doesn't use half the bottles I use and doesn't use any inoculants just compost tea. Anyways that's where I want to get to. You know where you don't need a schedule you just know. He's also told me to stop reading these pot growing Bibles and start reading gardening books. He also says "stop buying these damn junk commy Led lights stick with hid". lmfao. So he got me hip to nectar and its results but I had to turn somewhere else for help LOL I appreciate you guys. much love

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom