Nectar for the Gods

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urban1026835

urban1026835

Hey goo, they are looking nice and healthy..heres a CCK from dynasty that I have been following the notg with from veg untill now day 15 of flower.. first pic is after a nice BK spray.
IMG 20140514 144525
Cck2 2

ODankGro

ODankGro

Are you educated on plant morphology & anatomy? Here is some reading for you Sherlock.

Structure and Development of Stomata on the Primary Root of Ceratonia siliqua L.
  1. N. S. CHRISTODOULAKIS*,1,
  2. J. MENTI1 and
  3. B. GALATIS1
+Author Affiliations

1. nchristo@biology. db.uoa.gr
Abstract
Stomata of various sizes are produced on the primary root of Ceratonia siliqua L. Most are generated during embryogenesis, prior to seed desiccation. They can be detected on the dry embryo in a wide zone just above the root tip. Initially, large stomata are formed. These have the ability to induce divisions of their neighbouring cells, creating particular cell patterns around them. Later, small perigenous stomata are generated. As the root grows following seed germination, the stomatal zone overlaps with that of the root hairs. Although root stomata of C. siliqua undergo a structural differentiation that seems almost identical to that of the elliptical stomata formed on leaves, they are unable to move and remain permanently open. Polarizing microscopy of fully differentiated stomata and young stomata at the stage of stomatal pore formation revealed deposition of radial cellulose microfibril systems on their periclinal walls. However, these systems were less developed than those on leaf stomata, a feature that might be responsible for their inactivity. Besides, plastids of the root guard cells (GCs) do not differentiate into chloroplasts but function solely as amyloplasts. Root stomata have a short life span. During rapid and intense root growth, GCs cannot keep pace with the elongation of their neighbouring rhizodermal cells. They therefore split in their mid‐region, transversely to the stoma axis. The two parts of the transversely torn stoma are dragged apart and a large opening is formed on the root surface, just above the substomatal cavity. The root stomata, together with these openings, may facilitate increased gaseous exchange during respiration and/or an increased transfer of some nutrients and water in the rapidly growing primary root.

Key words
  • Key words: Root, stomata, structure, development, Ceratonia siliqua.
Received: 11 June 2001; Returned for revision: 14 July 2001; Accepted: 7 September 2001.

Damn, science at its best...

urban1026835

urban1026835

yup that's fer sure first semester botony.

As a rule roots don't have stomata.

a very few plants have been found that do have some stomata on the primary root, but never below the root hair zone.

back to your regular program now, believe it if you choose.
cheers :cigar:

so do you know if cannabis is one of the "rules" to this exception since we aren't talking about plants in general?

just wondering since you seem so positive there is no stomata if you have some science to disprove babas article or are just assuming cannabis does not?

Is this second semester botany stuff because I don't know if I am quite ready for that.

ODankGro

ODankGro

I think this should be noted when mixing NFTG. I follow the order on the chart starting with the top one first working my way down. After adding each bottle stir before adding the next. That is extremely important that is why my shit wasn't mixing right.

In the pics I posted last night the first one just went into flower last night
The second on the right is Hemlock (Durban poison x L.A con) it is getting so big it needed its own 600 it really needs it's own 1k but I don't know if I can handle the heat yet.
The third, second line on left is the other room I'm going to let those veg for three weeks longer to let those roots fill into those 25 gallon pots
And the last is my other 3200 watt grow... Not NFTG... That's the room the AC fucked up on me. Replaced it and it's up and going again.

But now my fucking central AC in my other house just froze up this morning I checked the filters and they were good replaced them anyways.

Shit I can't wait until I get to Colorado where a AC is not quite as important..

Shit I don't how those boys in Arizona are doing this.. I'm not sure if my state is hotter, but I only have 2 months left before I'm in Colorado

squiggly

squiggly

so do you know if cannabis is one of the "rules" to this exception since we aren't talking about plants in general?

just wondering since you seem so positive there is no stomata if you have some science to disprove babas article or are just assuming cannabis does not?

Is this second semester botany stuff because I don't know if I am quite ready for that.

If I had a root right now I'd just toss it under the microscope. Anyone got both? Can clear this up right now.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Hey guys I was wondering why has the nute line picked up steam at the farm here. Its been out for a while and Ive never really heard rave reviews about(mixed bag) just wondering what is drawing people to this line?

ODankGro

ODankGro

Hey guys I was wondering why has the nute line picked up steam at the farm here. Its been out for a while and Ive never really heard rave reviews about(mixed bag) just wondering what is drawing people to this line?

I got free samples with a order from Sun Light Supply at my hydro shop, I figured that most of us did also.. My plants are happy... So I am happy

urban1026835

urban1026835

For me I was sent a sample about 10 months back and really had only messed around with the Bloom Khaos as I just assumed it was not a line good for coco.

Once I saw @MakinGoo post about the line and his plants loving them I broke back out the BK and started reading and ended up using more and more of the line with the plants seeming happier and just all around better.

also credit for my interest also goes to @caregiverken for the flushing with bonemeal thread.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

BaBa G did a thread & I peeped it out.. after the thread I smoked both his samples>>>>> cherry pie grown with & without nectar & without nectar was juss like my cherry pie >>>> but the nectar grown cherry pie had a interesting more sticky look & it was a very bomb. . Plus Scott hooked me up with 2 free cases 2 try. .

FiveAM

FiveAM

Anytime i see a respected member or better yet a respected breeder trying things and getting results that are impressive to themselves. Im up for it.

This root stomata thing has me intrigued. Seems like something the community could learn from

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Peep this crazy leaf.... after I fead with 720 ppm nectar & mixed with tea all plants were pretty happy juss a tiny bit of leafs pointed down but 1 single gsc forum cut did this crazy super leaf curl.. maybe she is trying a new hair style? Its prolly not good 4 the plant. But im liking her new look...LOL
IMG 20140518 144544

juss that leaf did that on that 1 plant... everything els is normal

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
BaBa G did a thread & I peeped it out.. after the thread I smoked both his samples>>>>> cherry pie grown with & without nectar & without nectar was juss like my cherry pie >>>> but the nectar grown cherry pie had a interesting more sticky look & it was a very bomb. . Plus Scott hooked me up with 2 free cases 2 try. .
FWIW I sprayed the Bloom Chaos maybe once in early flower right after switching the light timer. I did foliar with True Blooms about 4 times in the first 2 weeks of flower but I don't like the way my plants behaved after using the Bloom chaos foliar and yes I used plenty of calcium in conjunction. I do use the Bloom Chaos as a root drench every 7-10 days during flower. Different strokes for different folks though...so do whatever your plants tell you :D

ODankGro

ODankGro

FWIW I sprayed the Bloom Chaos maybe once in early flower right after switching the light timer. I did foliar with True Blooms about 4 times in the first 2 weeks of flower but I don't like the way my plants behaved after using the Bloom chaos foliar and yes I used plenty of calcium in conjunction. I do use the Bloom Chaos as a root drench every 7-10 days during flower. Different strokes for different folks though...so do whatever your plants tell you :D

I almost never spray anything on my plants, I might once a week spray very light with doktor doom knock out for preventive measures.. But that is it. very, very lightly

It seems like its really easy to fuck shit up with foliar feeding, so I would just rather not foliar feed.

Don't fix what ain't broke, right?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I almost never spray anything on my plants, I might once a week spray very light with doktor doom knock out for preventive measures.. But that is it. very, very lightly

It seems like its really easy to fuck shit up with foliar feeding, so I would just rather not foliar feed.

Don't fix what ain't broke, right?
I do foliar with seaweed or fulvic acid every other day when plants are in veg.

ODankGro

ODankGro

I can already tell this is gunna b a tuff grow log bcuz of all the crazy names of the bottles I have 2 keep going back 2 double check how the fuck 2 spell the crazy name<<<<>> its fuckin wit my flow.. it stops my thought pattern bcuz i have 2 stop & check juss 2 spell a word... grrrrr!!!

LMFAO.... Yeah the names are a little to much... I like to keep things simple..

When I am mixing this stuff I feel like a witch brewing some crazy shit in a cauldron

Top Bottom