Need advice problems before flower

• Thread starter Lockeboxgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Whats up guys just needing some advice here. I've got 2 peyote gorilla about 35 days from Sprout, ones doing really good ones showing some issues.

What's going on is some yellowing rips, some rust spots, and some weird new growth occasionally looking curled.
I've only fed nutrients twice the entire grow at 1/4 strength both times.

Here's a pic of the issues
Need advice problems before flower

They are both in fox farms happy frog.
Light is hlg 260v2 at 40% 16" away
Pots are 5 gal cloth
Nutes are botannicare, cns17 grow & kind base
Temps range from 72-79
Humidity ranges from 50-55%
Been watering about 2 liters every 3 days
Staring water is distilled
*The issued plant was transplanted first and put closer to the light at one point but even after fixing the problem progresses*

Here's both plants for comparison.

Need advice problems before flower 2
Need advice problems before flower 3
Need advice problems before flower 4

Let me know what y'all think or If you need more info thanks guys

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

My 5 gal pots get 5-6 liters each watering. If you get runoff from 2 liters its probably not dried back enough.
I do get a little runoff yeah. I was a bit worried I wasn't letting it dry enough in between like you said, 3 days seemed quick. I've never used these 5 gal pots before so still getting used to watering them by "weight".
I will try to give some more time before watering and see if that helps moving forward thanks!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah id back the light off to 30” and turn it to max power. Better light spread that way.

@growsince79 imo is bang on.

You obviously dont want to underwater but doing it once will really give you the feel for the pots. They recover very quickly and you will learn much faster. Of course you dont want to let then wilt everytime but once so you can lift the pot to see how absolutely feather light they are will allow you to hetter gauge when to water.

Don’t be scared they will look like they are gonna die and in 5 min from watering will be back to 100%

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Yeah id back the light off to 30” and turn it to max power. Better light spread that way.

@growsince79 imo is bang on.

You obviously dont want to underwater but doing it once will really give you the feel for the pots. They recover very quickly and you will learn much faster. Of course you dont want to let then wilt everytime but once so you can lift the pot to see how absolutely feather light they are will allow you to hetter gauge when to water.

Don’t be scared they will look like they are gonna die and in 5 min from watering will be back to 100%

Wow, first off man that video was by far the coolest thing I've seen in a while.

I will raise my light up as much as I can, all I can do at this point is fold the hangers over. my tent is only 5' but I think I can get it to around 27" or so probably.

As for watering I will definitely go some more days in between now. My outside plants actually got me thinking on it yesterday, my 20 gal pots went from like 70 lbs to 10 lbs and I actually got to see one plant respond to water similar to like your video

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Id also add maybe a 1/4 dose of cal mag to your water since you never want to feed no ppm for a few reasons. You dont need much but maybe 50-100 ppm
Okay thanks, Ive been wanting to get some but on the fence about it, Ill definitely pick some up. I'm going to use advanced nutrients for flower so should I get advanced cal mag you think? Or is that not important so much

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay thanks, Ive been wanting to get some but on the fence about it, Ill definitely pick some up. I'm going to use advanced nutrients for flower so should I get advanced cal mag you think? Or is that not important so much
You wont need cal mag if adding nutrients imo. You just want some ppm in the water so a tiny amount of nutrients like 50-100ppm is also fine.

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

You wont need cal mag if adding nutrients imo. You just want some ppm in the water so a tiny amount of nutrients like 50-100ppm is also fine.
Okay I'm with you. Not to ask so many questions but I've got one lol. Usually when I feed nutrients I'll feed every other watering, giving plain water in between. Instead of giving plain water should I add just a dash of nutrients to get the ppm up but not enough to over feed the plant so I'm not going in at 0 ppm? (I actually dont have an ec meter so Ill be guessing, I know lol bear with me a-man)

Also thanks for the tip on flipping I'm going to adjust my timer here in a little while and get that taken care of

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay I'm with you. Not to ask so many questions but I've got one lol. Usually when I feed nutrients I'll feed every other watering, giving plain water in between. Instead of giving plain water should I add just a dash of nutrients to get the ppm up but not enough to over feed the plant so I'm not going in at 0 ppm? (I actually dont have an ec meter so Ill be guessing, I know lol bear with me a-man)

Also thanks for the tip on flipping I'm going to adjust my timer here in a little while and get that taken care of
Yep you got it man… its just so there is a bit of salinity. Distilled over time may (definitely not saying it will) lead to issues over time.

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Yep you got it man… its just so there is a bit of salinity. Distilled over time may (definitely not saying it will) lead to issues over time.
Awesome man Good looking out dude.
Not to ask you every question I have but youre the man with the answers, when do you start flower nutrients? Should you carry veg nutes on through the stretch or immediately switch to flower?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Awesome man Good looking out dude.
Not to ask you every question I have but youre the man with the answers, when do you start flower nutrients? Should you carry veg nutes on through the stretch or immediately switch to flower?
Yeah most flower nutrients cut nitrogen to early so i like to eait until end of week 2 or 3 of flowering to switch per se.

I find a transition ratio to work well. Mixing half bloom and half grow from flip until the end works well for me. But many ways to do it… you can go veg right to week 3 if you like. I just feel a transition ratio does a little better for me

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Yeah most flower nutrients cut nitrogen to early so i like to eait until end of week 2 or 3 of flowering to switch per se.

I find a transition ratio to work well. Mixing half bloom and half grow from flip until the end works well for me. But many ways to do it… you can go veg right to week 3 if you like. I just feel a transition ratio does a little better for me
okay cool I gotcha. Yeah I like the idea of the transition but ill be going from botannicare to advanced nutrients so I'll probably play it safe this round to avoid any possible interactions.
Man I appreciate all the help dude

DontTreadonWeed

DontTreadonWeed

Man on your ph. Id recommend being more constent and accurate. You said your using fox farm. I take is their coco blend. Diring veg 5.8-6.0. Flower 6.0-6.4. To me your from what ive read how your growing, the plant looks like its suffering ph problems.

When plants are stressed, especially nutrient problem, always decrease the intensity of the lights.

Top Bottom