Need Help First Soil Indoor Grow.

• Thread starter Midwestjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
str8smokn

str8smokn

You should get a pond liner from like Home Depot for $40.00 to fit that space. That way any run off won't be a problem. You need some run off I think to help leach the salt build ups out.
A shop vac could suck up any mess/runoff.
Other than that they look lovely.
STR8

N

Nog

You should get a pond liner from like Home Depot for $40.00 to fit that space. That way any run off won't be a problem. You need some run off I think to help leach the salt build ups out.
A shop vac could suck up any mess/runoff.
Other than that they look lovely.
STR8

I think unless the plants are pretty big, if you water till run off then you are overwatering them, you will saturate the soil.

I think you want your pots to dry out within 2 days, weed loves that wet/dry cycle.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

How big are the strawberry cough in
This one is in a 3 gal soil.
IMAG0502
this one is in this 5-7 gal basket. Really don't know how big it is.
IMAG0510

H

Holy Jebus

Lost a strawberry last night. Pretyy sure this is my only male in the entire bunch. Just sucks because it was my biggest Strawberry cough. It had a hell of a root system.

Received 1572735772766599
Received 1572735772766599
Diane11

Diane11

Lost a strawberry last night. Pretyy sure this is my only male in the entire bunch. Just sucks because it was my biggest Strawberry cough. It had a hell of a root system.
Aww that sux @Holy Jebus, I know how you're feeling... My Allen wrench turned out to be a boy after 3 months in veg. And yes, I cried like a little girl, she was pretty big too! I guess that's just how it goes sometimes....Good luck with the rest of em :)

N

Nog

Aww that sux @Holy Jebus, I know how you're feeling... My Allen wrench turned out to be a boy after 3 months in veg. And yes, I cried like a little girl, she was pretty big too! I guess that's just how it goes sometimes....Good luck with the rest of em :)

You should be able to pick up the plants sex in veg after 4 to 6 weeks, you need a magnifying glass and look at the nodes about an inch down from the top of the plant, and you should see the odd pre-flower.

Diane11

Diane11

You should be able to pick up the plants sex in veg after 4 to 6 weeks, you need a magnifying glass and look at the nodes about an inch down from the top of the plant, and you should see the odd pre-flower.
@Nog yes!! I have 2 on the way from Amazon as we speak. Dang, so I left him in there about a month longer than necessary...ok... From now on I will be able to take closer looks. Lol, thank you!! :)

H

Holy Jebus

N

Nog

I can tell before they get put into flower whether or not they're male or female I just like being 100% absolutely sure before I pull the plant that that's what it is though

How? They say that males are usually taller, but that's not all that reliable.
Relying on that you would end up pulling up some female plants.
They also say that female plants have shorter internodes, but again that's not all that reliable either.

I don't think there's anyway to tell until you see that first pistil.
Even going by the shape of the calyx before the pistil comes out, ie. female plants have a triangular calyx, is not 100% accurate, I have been wrong occasionally relying on that.

I don't do anything until I see that first pistil or round pollen ball, even if I think I'm 100% sure.

H

Holy Jebus

How? They say that males are usually taller, but that's not all that reliable.
Relying on that you would end up pulling up some female plants.
They also say that female plants have shorter internodes, but again that's not all that reliable either.

I don't think there's anyway to tell until you see that first pistil.
Even going by the shape of the calyx before the pistil comes out, ie. female plants have a triangular calyx, is not 100% accurate, I have been wrong occasionally relying on that.

I don't do anything until I see that first pistil or round pollen ball, even if I think I'm 100% sure.
I look at the lil chutes that come out by the nodes. Its hard to.explain but im usually 90% correct. I still wait until they show sex before i pull the plant.

H

Holy Jebus

Jst a lil update. Lost two more plants due to being males. Not even upset at all. Needed the room anyways. Lol.. Lost the second strawberry and an afghan. Both plants were healthy and roots looked great. Im real impressed with my new room and the first grow in it, if the females look as good as the males did in the in there pots im going to have a nice harvest.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Jst a lil update. Lost two more plants due to being males. Not even upset at all. Needed the room anyways. Lol.. Lost the second strawberry and an afghan. Both plants were healthy and roots looked great. Im real impressed with my new room and the first grow in it, if the females look as good as the males did in the in there pots im going to have a nice harvest.
Dang that sucks to see with the strawberry coughs homey. I'm sure you'll find some titts eventually:jimlad::mask::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Top Bottom